Homage to DBZ

smnolimits43

Alright, so i was trying to find a pic that had all the characters.  Anyways i saw a topic in the Blaster forums about Fire/MA.  It go me thinking, how about a Energy/MA Blaster.  I'm thinking about picking up the medicine pool, to act as Sensu Beans.  For the most part, this will be a Single Target Blaster.  Once i hit 50, i will respec into a ST/AoE Blaster.  I've done a Homage to Goku a few times now, I was wondering if its possible to create a Homage to Piccolo ??? or maybe rather than doing a specific character, i could do a Homage to all the characters???

• Like 1

Dragon Ball Z[c] is a Japanese anime television series produced by Toei Animation. Part of the Dragon Ball media franchise, it is the sequel to the 1986 Dragon Ball anime series and adapts the latter 325 chapters of the original Dragon Ball manga series created by Akira Toriyama. The series aired in Japan on Fuji TV from April 1989 to January 1996 and was later dubbed for broadcast in at least 81 countries worldwide.[6]

Dragon Ball Z continues the adventures of Goku in his adult life as he and his companions defend the Earth against villains including aliens (Vegeta, Frieza), androids (Cell), and magical creatures (Majin Buu). At the same time, the story parallels the life of his son, Gohan, as well as the development of his rivals, Piccolo and Vegeta.

Due to the success of the anime in the United States, the manga chapters making up its story were initially released by Viz Media under the Dragon Ball Z title. The anime's popularity has also spawned numerous media and merchandise that has come to represent the majority of content within the Dragon Ball franchise. Dragon Ball Z remains a cultural icon through numerous adaptations and re-releases, including a remastered broadcast titled Dragon Ball Z Kai.[d]

Dragon Ball Z has since been followed by two sequel series: Dragon Ball GT (1996–1997) and Dragon Ball Super (2015–2018).

You can get away with so many options to bust out a Dragon Ball related character it's ridiculous, there's also plenty of ways to create varying degrees of outfits that fit into the concept of the Anime/Manga while not 100% being a direct clone (gotta be mindful of the copyright and all!)

Nearly every melee set has access to a handful of blasts, and there's even a few reasonable ones in the Power Pools if you wanted to mix it up a bit more. Obviously Blasters is where most folks would look to because of... well, the Blasts! Incidentally more of DB/Z is really focused on the actually melee combat above anything, so being mindful of that can really lead to some interesting choices like grabbing Martial for a Blaster secondary, or maybe Energy since both give more foot or fist work options. For me personally I absolutely have an homage character in the form of a Saiyajin with Electrical/Nrg as its sets. Short Circuit and Voltaic Sentinel give me a few showy aspects, and Thunderous Blast being a ranged attack is a very effective "final move". Electrical, Energy, Radiation all give different approaches that can have that thematic feel to them.

If you want to feel more fight-oriented, then I'd probably suggest Street Justice on a melee toon and grabbing something like electrical, dark, or energy blasts, and maybe pickup Arcane Bolt if you want a more complete ranged chain (gonna need fly too anyway right?).

For funsies:

image.png.e5ad4be5b4de3db35be04bec3963c7f2.pngimage.png.ac6053a101e51e706767bd83ca81c65b.pngimage.png.12afd805376c0d5c03afa1ce01ad2748.pngimage.png.c234e2feabd566e26821f591343b9c82.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later
1 minute ago, smnolimits43 said:

Alright, after playing a couple of different alts.  I'm back at wanting to make a Homage DBZ character.  Now i realize that this is the blaster forum, but i was thinking of making a something/Fire sentinel.

Energy blast seems the most obvious choice, but radiation blast could also work.

Since Mids doesn't feel like working for me, i'm gonna have to type this out. 

1) Power Bolt: Thunder Strike: (1) Acc/Dmg (3) Dmg/End (7) Acc/Dmg/End (13) Dmg/End/Rchg (42) Acc/Dmg/Rchg (42) Sudden Acceleration: KB/KD

1) Energy Punch: Crushing Impact: (1) Acc/Dmg/End (5) Dmg/End/Rchg (5) Dmg/Rchg (17) Acc/Dmg/Rchg (17) Acc/Dmg (42) Dmg/End

2) Power Blast: Thunder Strike: (2) Acc/Dmg/Rchg (3) Acc/Dmg/End (7) Acc/Dmg (13) Dmg/End (40) Dmg/Rchg (43) Sudden Acceleration: KB/KD

4) Hover: Freebird: (4) Fly

6) Fly: Freebird: (6) Stealth

8 ) Power Burst: Thunder Strike: (8) Acc/Dmg (9) Acc/Dmg/End (9) Acc/Dmg/Rchg (15) Dmg/End/Rchg (40) Dmg/Rchg (43) Sudden Accleration: KB/KD

10) Sniper Blast: Sting of the Manticore: (10) Acc/Interupt/Rng (11) Dmg/End (11) Acc/Dmg (15) Dmg/End/Rchg (40) Chance for Toxic Dmg (43) Dmg/Interupt/Rchg

12) Aim: (12) Rchg

14) Build Up: (14) Rchg

16) Energize: Preventitive Medicine: (16) Absorb Proc (50) Healing/Absorb/ End/Rchg (50) Healing/Absorb/Rchg

18) Energy Torrent: Positron's Blast: (18) Dmg/Range (19) Acc/Dmg (19) Dmg/Rchg (21) Acc/Dmg/End (21) Chance for Energy Dmg (39) Sudden Acceleration: KB/KD

20) Hasten: (20) Rchg

22) Explosive Blast: Positron's Blast: (22) Dmg/Range (23) Acc/Dmg (23) Dmg/Rchg (25) Dmg/End (25) Acc/Dmg/End (39) Sudden Acceleration: KB/KD

24) Boxing: Mako's Bite: (24) Acc/Dmg/End/Rchg

26) Nova: Obliteration: (26) Acc/Rchg (27) Acc/Dmg/Rchg (27) Acc/Dmg/End/Rchg (29) Dmg/Rchg (29) Dmg (39) Sudden Acceleration: KB/KD

28) Tough: Gladiator's Armor: (28) Teleport Protection/+3% Def to All (46) Unbreakable Guard: +7.5 Max HP (48) Steadfast Protection: Resistance/Defense

30) Bone Smasher: Crushing Impact: (30) Acc/Dmg/End (31) Dmg/End/Rchg (31) Dmg/Rchg (31) Acc/Dmg/Rchg (34) Acc/Dmg (37) Dmg/End

32) Total Focus: Mako's Bite: (32) Acc/Dmg (33) Acc/Dmg/End/Rchg (33) Acc/End/Rchg (33) Dmg/End (34) Chance for Lethal Dmg (34) Dmg/Rchg

35) Weave: Serendipity: (35) Def/End (36) Def/Rchg (36) End (36) Def/End/Rchg (37) Def (37) End/Rchg

38) Personal Force Field: (38) Rchg

41) Temp Invulnerability: Reactive Armor: (41) End/Rchg (48) Res/End (48) Res/End/Rchg (50) Res

44) Maneuvers: Serendipity: (44) Def/End (45) Def/Rchg (45) End (45) Def/End/Rchg (46) Def (46) End/Rchg

47) Tactics: Gaussian's: (47) Chance for Build Up

49) Assault: (49) Assault

1) Health: Miracle: (1) +Recovery

1) Stamina: Performance Shifter: (1) Chance for +Endurance

• 4 weeks later

is this allowed?

i know the comic stuff isn't

but if anime stuff is ok then I'd probably say.........

radiation/MA

Rad gets balls of energy and beams you can recolor to your preference

MA gets a nifty teleport that looks very dragonballish.

iirc to complete that piccolo vibe, the eyebeam power in rad has an alternate animation for finger blasts.

• Thumbs Up 1

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

• 2 weeks later
  • 1 month later

I know this is a blaster forum, but I made a DBZ tribute named Tomatoli. He is a peace bringer. So he has the energy blasts, the Lazer eye beams, lots of cool bright Blasty smashy powers. You can stick with human form, or add the nova or dwarf form as an alternative form the the giant rage ape from the anime.