/Energy Manipulation - where's it at these days?

Metatheory

Monster single target. Check the DPA on proc'd out Energy Punch.

Elec/En can with power boost can be nice. Elec on a blaster isn't good for dedicated sapping but that doesn't mean having more End Drain isn't good: you'll get more Shocked crits for it. The melee attacks make up for Elec's limited ST.

Having stun protection is really nice. If you're trying to really cover bases you can pick up Acrobatics to be a really slippery Blaster.

Power boost can be used as an alpha absorber. It boosts your +def toggles for its duration, and on a rech build has close to 50% uptime. Think of it as a slightly weaker small purple you can activate on a cooldown.

11 hours ago, Galamane said:

How's it working for you post 50?

Great, just going through the Incarnate arcs now. Just got the T4 Spiritual Alpha, both the +Heal and +Stun help /Energy, and of course +Recharge helps everything.

• 3 weeks later

Lots of good information in here, thanks. Seems that /EN is still alive and kicking in blaster world. I like the potential for power boost to interact in interesting ways, and the clear path to get a lot of mez protection without going down the sorcery route. I have been playing a dark/en and I do like energize a lot, it feels good for a sustain.

6 hours ago, Metatheory said:

Lots of good information in here, thanks. Seems that /EN is still alive and kicking in blaster world. I like the potential for power boost to interact in interesting ways, and the clear path to get a lot of mez protection without going down the sorcery route. I have been playing a dark/en and I do like energize a lot, it feels good for a sustain.

I have a dark/energy, but built it mostly for Boost Range as a theme.  I skipped the melee on this character, picked up stun, boost range, and energize.  Fun fact, Stun becomes a short range single target and throws damage melee procs like a range attack, if you slot it with melee sets.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

• 4 weeks later
On 7/31/2023 at 12:42 PM, Outrider_01 said:

I have a dark/energy, but built it mostly for Boost Range as a theme.  I skipped the melee on this character, picked up stun, boost range, and energize.  Fun fact, Stun becomes a short range single target and throws damage melee procs like a range attack, if you slot it with melee sets.

Giving @Outrider_01 a shout for this combo and style (although I skipped Stun). I initially rolled Dark/Nrg because I wanted to mess around with Power Boosted Blackstar. I respecced out of Blackstar almost immediately. There’s no reason for that combo to go into melee, or honestly even within 100’ of enemies. It’s so fun.

Blackstar is alright, its pretty rare to see anyone with dark blast.  Power boost is pretty useless for dark blast except for abysall gaze for increased hold duration, secondary for tenebrous tenctacles for immoblize which I skipped since 8 second dot is just too slow.  But boost range, can turn the snipe to almost 400 range; even better in combat mode.

• Like 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

I’ve got Tenny Tents and Char in mine, so I get decent utility out of PB. Plus I like the “defensive Build Up” effect; it’s a nice cushion before you get your -toHit train rolling (which also gets a nice although somewhat marginal benefit from PB).

V cool to see the small differences between largely similar builds!

Edited by Panache

Pretty sure power boost boosts the heal in life drain.

Surprised that all the people that go bonkers over heals and slot attacks as a heal just because it has a healing component aren't jumping all over this.

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

5 hours ago, Nemu said:

Pretty sure power boost boosts the heal in life drain.

Surprised that all the people that go bonkers over heals and slot attacks as a heal just because it has a healing component aren't jumping all over this.

A good point. Really, the whole of Dark Blast benefits from Power Boost. A “free” ~78% boost to stackable -toHit is worth it before you get to the immob, hold, heal. 

Mine isn’t to Incarnates yet, but I like the look of Intuition paired with the -toHit Interface (forget which that is). A bit gimmicky but gimmicks can be fun.

(speaking of gimmicks: picked up Bonfire and the +Range Bonfire/Umbral Torrent/Tenebrous Tentacles combo is bonkers)

• 6 months later

I main an Eng/Eng.

The main problem I have is that it's very click heavy and frantic. The performance is great, but it's not at all a casual play-style.

Seriously thinking of making a new toon that's more relaxed. Maybe Eng/Temp or Beam/Temp...

• Thanks 1