Unique pairing for every set

Ph1ushot

This would be what I would go with, and many of these pairings I already have: 

Bio Armor/Ice - Ice Patch helps tremendously with survivability (my first 50 on HC)

Dark Armor/Savage Melee - I have the Brute version of this. Savage works soooooo well with Dark Armor

Electric Armor/Battle Axe - One of my favorite tanks. Huge AoE potential and chopping people with electrified axe attacks is fun

Fiery Aura/Radiation Melee - AoE is fun and this is my personal farmer

Ice Armor/Psionic Melee - Current work in progess and great synergy. Slows and -Recharge work great together from both sets

Invulnerability/Dark Melee - Unkillable and hits like a freight train

Radiation Armor/Claws - A radioactive buzzsaw that never stops hitting

Shield Defense/Energy Melee - I have another Brute version of this as well. Get AoE from your primary and fantastic ST damage from your secondary

Stone Armor/Staff Fighting - break dancing boulder and great synergy with increased recharge from Form of the Mind (still a work in progress for me)

Super Reflexes/Martial Arts - classic pairing creates a true natural hero/villain (the only primary I have never played, even on Live)

Willpower/War Mace - Yet another Brute version for me. I love this pairing. Willpower keeps you going on and on and on. War Mace just makes me happy with it's sound effects. 

I started this accidentally over all archetypes and powersets. 

For Tankers I have 

Inv/Stj 

Bio/Savage - may declare this a duplicate and allow Savage with another set 

Bio/TW - 

Rad/Elec melee

Future characters might be 

Stone/SS 

On brutes I have 

Rad melee/ WP

WM/Energy aura (future) 

Scrappers 

Energy melee/shield 

Maybe claws/ninjitsu, dm/dark armor

Stalkers 

Maybe Ice melee/ice armor 

I still have Electric Armor and Fiery Aura unspoken for. 

Lots of secondaries - MA, Staff, Stone, Katana, BA, DB, BS, Fiery, Spines - have to double up to use them all. 

See sig 😆

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

Alright here's my list.  Realized that there are 11 primaries and 22 secondaries so I did two for each primary.

Bio/ MA and Claws

Dark/ Energy and Dark

Electric/ Savage and Electric

Fiery/ Spines and Radiation

Ice/ Psionic and Katana

Inv/ SS and StJ

Radiation/ Axe and TW

Shield/ Ice and Mace

Stone/ Fire and Stone

SR/ Staff and DB

WP/ BS and Kinetic

I feel like there were maybe half of those where I felt actual synergy, and then a quarter made thematic sense, and the last quarter were mostly just where do I stick the leftovers.

My list. 

I can only talk about what I have. 

Rad/Rad - my all around player. Great AoE. Great for team missions. Pretty damn tough bulldozer. 

Stone/Spine - my farmer. Complete buzzsaw. Combine spine burst with quills and mud pots… ouch! I never see his health move. I didn’t even take Granite armor. No need. 

Willpower/Claws - who needs endurance!

with minimal slotting, this tank NEVER stops. I solo him a good bit. 

On 9/8/2023 at 12:55 PM, Neiska said:

One combo I wanted to try but haven’t been able to yet is radiation armor/energy melee. Each has what the other lacks to some degree and looked very promising, at least in MIDS.

It would be pretty dang strong. The scrapper I run with that combo feels almost unkillable , let alone with tanker hps and caps.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/11/2023 at 11:02 AM, Greldek said:

It would be pretty dang strong. The scrapper I run with that combo feels almost unkillable , let alone with tanker hps and caps.

A friend of mine runs Radiation / Fire and he is absurdly tough.

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Roaming Everlasting as the Peacebringer Ganymedean.

The combos I have run (on Tankers) are:

Invulnerability / Energy Melee: Originally from Live day 1, this was "stands in place, takes hits, hits back". I felt the power effects went together. It wasn't long before changes to both the primary and secondary made the original concept obsolete (although for a brief time, this was the one character I had that could laugh off PVP zone griefers... and Stun them for their trouble. I still miss the original Energy Melee, but I am ok with the current Homecoming version. Upon reflection, my immediate thoughts about this character is that I've still got him built for one-on-one, even though I now leverage %damage in Whirling Hands to clean away scrubs at a better pace. I feel like the simplicity of Energy Melee lets me monitor more of what is happening on teams (and combat attributes). This guy is pretty much the only one of the three I have that I don't care if he's got the attention of an entire room (with or without actually having aggro) or if he's standing toe-to-toe with an AV. Maybe I care if he's got an entire cave of Rularuu targeting him.... but that's what Dull Pain is for!

Shield / Battle Axe: This was my spin on a "low fantasy fighter"... who jumps all over the place, tossing enemies hither-and-yon. Fully-kitted this feels like a scrapper. This is the only character for which I have used either Shield or Battle Axe... I do have a War Mace Scrapper but he feels clumsy to play, even with hefty Recharge.

Dark / Electric: Originally I was going to make this a character that uses as many possible "BAMFing" attacks/options, and even though it does still have a couple of the ones I intended to use, I grew to love too many of the powers in both the Primary and Secondary to stick with my original plan. In particular, I like the AoE Lightning Clap (slotted with KB->KD) and only Stun pieces. This attack provides a little bit of PBAoE Control (on top of the Dark Toggles) on critters I may soon be BAMFing away from, and it the knockdown makes it easy to see which enemies are still alive... in case I shouldn't be BAMFing away. The AoE Stun lives up to the promise of what I always wanted from the original Energy Melee Stuns.

I've played Bio, SR and WP defense sets on other characters which leaves: Electric, Fire, Ice, Rad and Stone to try. A have a slight bias against Fire and Rad (defenses) because of my perceptions from the original days of live: Fire as "easy mode" (versus Devouring Earth Swarms, among others); Rad jealously because by itself it seemed to do what I wanted to do with Inv/EM! I felt like Stone would end up a little bit too much like Invulnerability, but if I had a concept that I liked I'd give it a try. These all have been waiting for some concept.

Bio Armor/Street Justice

Dark Armor/Claws

Electric Amor/Titan Weapon - I have this combo and I love it!  

Fire Armor/Ice Melee - Love it for it's thermalkinetics, I have an Ice/Fire Brute

Ice Armor/Fire Melee - Another thermalkinetic 

Invulnerability/Radiation Melee - Radiation Melee gives a good place Resist Proc

Radiation Armor/Super Strength

Shield Defense/Energy Melee

Stone Armor/Battle Axe

Super Reflexes/Savage Melee

Willpower/Spines - Spines, like Radiation Melee, comes with a damage aura for the Resist Proc AND I have a Spines/WP Brute and I like it as my Sabertooth/Wolverine Homage

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later