Thank You For Making My 2023.

David Kane

I wanted to pop in here to say "Thank you" for making my 2023 fantastic.  "How" you may ask?  As well you may.

By bringing back COH/COV/GR online.  COH players are some of the best players online.  Kind, courteous, helpful, and well downright team worthy.

I had quite a row with NCSoft when the game was announced into being cancelled.  I loved this game.  And spent many an hour playing it.  I fought tooth and nail with NCSoft on not to have COH closed. 

If they would have been honest with the players things may have gone a different way.  According to statements Marvel was suing them as to their character creation.

I do not what future COH may have as I have heard rumors of NCSoft considering a possibility of reacquiring the game though it would never be the same.

I will donate and do my best to help out in any way I can.  Please feel free to contact me Admins via my email.

I have the original software still saved on an external hard drive. 

Also I have all of the issues of the COH comic book that was put out by MADCOW comics when the game was first underway though I have none of them scanned..  Anyone interested in these please feel free to contact me.  Hopefully I did not just open up a can of worms.

Here is to the players of COH/COV/GR.  Cheers!

I hope to see each and every one of you on New Years Eve in Pocket D.  An event I used to love.  I'll be there.  (What happened to Cornelius?)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 9/28/2023 at 12:34 PM, David Kane said:

<snip>

If they would have been honest with the players things may have gone a different way.  According to statements Marvel was suing them as to their character creation.

<snip

This occurred back in 2004-2005 and was resolved. The lawyer that tackled Marvel's lawsuit was introduced at the 2008? Hero-Con and got a standing ovation.

Welcome back!

Edited by Oubliette_Red

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.