Mission Architect ?

wmtyrance

Yes, the Mission Architect system is where you can play in missions created by other players. And make your own missions for other players to try, if you feel like it.

More info here: https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Mission_Architect.

There are Architect Entertainment buildings in a lot of zones, both redside and blueside. The lowest-level zones with an AE building are Kings Row for heroes and Port Oakes for villains. AFAIK there is not a minimum level requirement to use the Mission Architect, but I might be wrong - I have never tried to acces it with a lowbie character. 

Any level can go in (as evidenced by lowbies being door sitters on farm maps). If you're looking for story content, you can tailor your search by using SFMA in your search string. You'll find player-made content of all levels. If your toon is below level for the mish, it will raise them up to min mish level. If your toon is higher, the opposite occurs. There are quite a few multi-arc stories, and some "mega-stories" consisting of dozens of mishes. Be advised: player-created content is often a bit tougher than default story content. Best to come prepared.:-)

Edited by cranebump
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

12 hours ago, wmtyrance said:

Is this the player made content and what level do you have to be to enter?

You can create and play AE missions as soon as you can get to an AE location in the game.

The person that creates a mission picks the level of the content by writing that into the missions.

if you are looking for non-farming AE content - look for the tags listed in this link https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Mission_Architect_Tags

There are plenty of posts where people list their AE content like this one: 

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

14 hours ago, wmtyrance said:

but the kings row place was empty.

You can run Architect Entertainment missions alone, you are not dependent on having other players (or rather, other player characters) together with you.  Go to one of the computer console-looking thingies in the big AE room and search for an interesting mission. After you select and confirm the mission, you go talk to one of the NPC's who stand around the shimmering, Matrix-esque data stream in the middle of the room. 

Unless by "...hoping to get some levels..." you mean that you were hoping to join another player's farming mission and get some exp that way. In which case, yes, you would be dependent on finding other players who happen to be farming at the same time you are there. But once they enter their mission, you won't actually see them in the AE building anyway. So there might be lots of other people using the AE in the same building as you, but you can only see them for the brief time they spend in-between AE missions.

If, on the other hand, you were looking for other players to team with on a non-farming AE mission, e.g. one of the SFMA-tagged missions like Cranebump mentioned, then I would say your best bet is to shout out in the LFG channel that you are looking for like-minded players to join you on an AE mission.

• Like 1

If you want farming, go hang out in Pocket D's AE, lots of people always in there doing only that.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 10/3/2023 at 7:51 PM, TerroirNoir2 said:

You don't say???!!!

I..think I'm one of the ones who started that, but....I was soon joined by other perpetrators!

• Haha 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )