Halloween EB Rarity. WAI?

mechahamham

So I noticed that I seemed to be getting dramatically fewer Spectral Werewolves than the other EBs, so I've been keeping a log of all my solo ToTing today. In the last 24 hours, I've encountered:

4 Crone Matriarchs

6 Arisen Mummies

4 Hollow Reapers

3 Ancient Vampires

but only 1 Spectral Werewolf

One day and 18 encounters is nothing LIKE enough to account for RNG streakiness. However, this seems to be roughly in line with  what I've experienced in the previous 3 days: Very few Spectral Werewolves, and quite a few Arisen Mummies.

This seems odd, given that 5 of each is required for each of the badges.

Is this working as intended?

Edited by mechahamham
  • Like 1

I've only been ToTing in the usual PI league, but I've seen enough Spectral Werewolves to get the badge quick enough.  But although I haven't been paying it much attention, I do wanna say I may have seen more mummies, but take that with a whole shaker of salt.

• Thumbs Up 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I've done ToT with several characters to get the PAPs and it's been consistently inconsistent, so pretty random. Thats not even a large enough sample size to get the badges, so you likely just got unlucky.

• Like 1

Kaika DB/INVUN Stalker                                                 Unluck AR/Nin Blaster

Riot Siren Bio/Dark Tank                                                      Ria Greenheart Axe/Sheild scrapper

Blue Meteor Em/Rad Scrapper                                             Fio Rune  FIre/Rad Stalker 

Went thru 20 characters and when I'd check to see pregress, it was pretty random which mob I'd need more of by that point.  Though once I had four of them done, but still needed four more Hollow Reapers which was my least even progress.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Riot Siren said:

I've done ToT with several characters to get the PAPs and it's been consistently inconsistent, so pretty random. Thats not even a large enough sample size to get the badges, so you likely just got unlucky.

I was not going to use the term 'sample size' in my post, but, yes, 18 encounters is absolutely not enough sample size to draw conclusions.

4 hours ago, lemming said:

Went thru 20 characters and when I'd check to see pregress, it was pretty random which mob I'd need more of by that point.  Though once I had four of them done, but still needed four more Hollow Reapers which was my least even progress.

I'm going to continue logging mine through the event (simply for my own edification). After my post, I managed to get a few more encounters, including 3 back-to-back Arisen Mummies! I seem to get more total EB encounters in Talos and IP than in Croatoa at level 27, so I wonder if the map population is playing into the spawns at all. (Sadly, I did not think to start logging 'eb vs. non-eb when I started. -- Edit: Or how many or what EB were in which zone, for that matter.)

Crone Matriarch: 5

Spectral Werewolf: 2

Arisen Mummy: 9

Ancient Vampire: 3

Hollow Reaper: 3

Edited by mechahamham
-- Edit: Or how many or what EB were in which zone, for that matter.

28 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I got all those badges in about 15-20 min in PI tot league

I'll join the PI league on my characters that aren't good soloers, but in general, I prefer to solo the event. It's a lot of joy, IMO. Honestly, the badges and PAPs are... additional. If anything I'm wierded out by the fact that I get more mummies than werewolves rather than irritated that I don't get werewolves

• Like 1

I’ve run the ToT gauntlet on my 20-odd L50s in PI. And from my small sample, it’s been fairly evenly distributed. I got 4 badges once before seeing a single Ancient Vampire. Got 4 badges once before seeing a single Hollow Reaper. I’ve also had it happen where I had 3+ progress on the others when I got my first badge. 

Much like converter roulette. Sometimes you get what you want on the first try, sometimes on the 30th. Random is random. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Snarky said:

I got all those badges in about 15-20 min in PI tot league

It's another high variable.    Heck, last night a friend and I both were PLing a couple characters.  I had started a little earlier and was up at level 7 when he was level 1.   He hit level 30 before I hit level 25.   My char did get all the costume badges though where an earlier character had to spend 30 minutes getting the last five costumes.    RNG is a fickle god.

• Thumbs Up 1

In a league it's not entirely variable.  Personally I have target binds for the 4 EBs, then eliminate each one from the bind text as I get the appropriate badge.  If its taken 10 minutes for any of my characters (I've done this about 20-25 times this season) I'd be surprised.

I've done all my trick or treating solo on my various characters so far.

On the first one, I got all the vampires really quickly, and the rest kind of staggered in over time.

On the second, I got all the werewolves quickly (like 5 out of the first 8 EBs I got were werewolves), and the rest over time, though the last couple spectres took forever.

On the third, I got all the witches super quick (3 doors in a row had a witch EB), and the rest fairly average in distribution.

On the fourth, they were pretty average in distribution.

On the fifth (which I'm working on now), I've gotten 4 vampires, 2 werewolves, 2 witches, 1 spectre, and 2 mummies (but only 1 kill, as the first mummy popped and killed me in two swings).

To me and my alts it always feels like the Hallowed are the last to drop.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)