Trick or Treat in Dark Astoria

I'm just crazy enough to suggest we leave lvl 50 ToT in the echo:DA all year round.

• Like 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

2 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I'm just crazy enough to suggest we leave lvl 50 ToT in the echo:DA all year round.

... ugh. Sick enough of it by the end of when it normally runs, having it year round (and... I'd argue that no, it doesn't really fit) would just ... ugh.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I'm torn on this suggestion, but maybe?

On the one hand, I love this event - it's my favorite thing about CoH and I look forward to it every year. I'd love if it were added as a year long event in the Fall Atlas Park zone that Null the Gull takes you to. On the other hand, the reason I look forward to it so much is because it's only available for a month each year - if it was the whole year, I'd lose my excitement because I could go to said zone any time I wanted to.

Neither of my comments are in response to the original suggestion, so sorry for the off hand remarks! Maybe?

• Like 2

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Yeah, I wouldn't be over there ALL the time, but I wouldn't mind being able to go scoot around looking at the window decorations once in a while, like I sometimes go the Xmas zone and skate past the tree to hear the jungle of the bells.

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Agree that it shouldn't be all the time. The anticipation of the season coming is part of the magic. 

I wouldn't see the harm in having a Pocket D-esque version of Halloween Town to access year-round for those who wish it.

I sometimes pop into DA just for the spooky vibes, whether just for the whim or for inspiration on a new creature.

Edited by Dona Eis Requiem
  • Like 3

Rather than all year round in a specific zone(s), perhaps take a page from Christmas celebrations, you know, those "Christmas in July" bits that some folk do, and have a 2 or 3 day period six months out at the end of April where the Halloween stuff is turned on again? 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Dona Eis Requiem said:

Agree that it shouldn't be all the time. The anticipation of the season coming is part of the magic. 

I wouldn't see the harm in having a Pocket D-esque version of Halloween Town to access year-round for those who wish it.

That would work too, maybe a constantly spooky Atlas echo from Ouro, in Pocket D.  Past Halloween, my second fave thing is the chalet in Pocket D, and I am so so happy we can have it open year-round now... which is kind of how I view this, and the whole HC path: they ungated so much - capes, Incarnate Threads dropping, purple recipes, Luck Charms, the chalet, VEATs, you name it.  Except specific holiday events (Baby New Year, Valentines Day stuff, Dr. Kane).  I'm an extreme proponent of this ungating, ungate everything!  All the time!  But I know we wouldn't want ToT year round across every map, so tucking away one instance of it somewhere would be a good thing in my eyes.  Gated events are a relic of the "tricks to keep people subbed" mindset.

• Like 1

Go have fun!

19 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

That would work too, maybe a constantly spooky Atlas echo from Ouro, in Pocket D.  Past Halloween, my second fave thing is the chalet in Pocket D, and I am so so happy we can have it open year-round now... which is kind of how I view this, and the whole HC path: they ungated so much - capes, Incarnate Threads dropping, purple recipes, Luck Charms, the chalet, VEATs, you name it.  Except specific holiday events (Baby New Year, Valentines Day stuff, Dr. Kane).  I'm an extreme proponent of this ungating, ungate everything!  All the time!  But I know we wouldn't want ToT year round across every map, so tucking away one instance of it somewhere would be a good thing in my eyes.  Gated events are a relic of the "tricks to keep people subbed" mindset.

The chalet in Pocket D was made open year round back on Live. That isn't a HC change.