Okay, Fighting Pool- You Win

Biff Pow

I've always avoided the Fighting Pool on my Melee characters, especially Tanks. I already have a set of Melee attacks, Tough is redundant, and Weave might be nice to have but isn't necessary. But since we can now skip our Tier 1 secondary power, it's a little easier to fit in the Fighting Pool, and having another AoE attack (Cross Punch) would be nice..

So I finally added the Fighting Pool to my Inv/SS Tank. Cross Punch does almost as much damage as Haymaker, but can hit up to five targets- that's great! And it recharges just as fast as Haymaker. Also it can Stun and Knockdown targets. Cool. But wait there's more- every target you hit increases your Recharge and ToHit for six seconds! It's weird how much this attack does.

I used to have Spring Attack from the Leaping Pool. It's a fun way to enter a fight, does decent damage, but has a very long recharge. I kind of wish I could stick with Spring Attack, but Cross Punch is just too good. So you win, Fighting Pool.

Meh, I always had trouble hitting more than two people with Crosspunch, and I really enjoy a good jumping at someone and watching them fall down.  I also tend to avoid Tough and Weave if I can as they often leave my toons (which I level, so I can't just crutch it with Incarnate powers) starved for End.  But indeed, play what you enjoy!

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I have a toon with cross punch in the rotation.  It really needs boxing and kick both taken, even if they arent used,  for their improvements to cross punch.  It is a large investment for one power,  but as you said,  its almost as strong as haymaker but can hit multiple targets and buff you.  I consider it the superior option for most low tier melee when there is room for it in the build.

I don't really use Cross Punch, but for a SS character it one of the easiest things to add in.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

I love Cross Punch! It might be my 2nd favorite pool power under Combat Jumping. So many melee sets benefit from adding an "activate more recharge" button to their rotation. As a Tanker main, Cross Punch is an incredible pick with inflated value that more often than not finds its way into my builds.

• Like 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!