Can scrappers get a Taunt aura for Super reflexes?

25 minutes ago, gameboy1234 said:

I agree with other folks that SR is, thematically, a set that should avoid lots of aggro rather than attracting it.  That said I've felt for a while that Taunt should be made more available for players who want it.  I think perhaps something like both the radius of the Taunt power as well as the number of folks it can hit should be enhanced by adding Taunt IOs.  The Taunt powers as well as Confront and Provoke should work this way (so tankers don't get left out, and I think Confront is always single target, so it'll have to start with at least a small radius and a small number of initial hits).  This would give folks a lot more options for choosing how they want their powers to behave.

Sure, and players on Scrappers that want the improvements the Taunt sets grant their Confront and like being able to pull single targets out of rooms will then have to no longer slot any taunt enhancements to improve their taunt or any taunt set enhancements to improve their taunt because then it will become an AoE and they will no longer be able to draw out targets any more. My take on that is "NO".

Edit: If a Scrapper player wants an AoE taunt, take Provoke from the Presence pool. It is an AoE taunt effect. And they can even get it 8 levels earlier than Confront, and it has no prerequisites to get.

Edited by Rudra
  • Like 1

I have no particular opinion on a taunt aura for SR specifically, but personally I think SR really needs some kind of additional utility. Overdosing on +def is not particularly useful considering the options other defense sets have to achieve *practically* the same defense softcaps while keeping their additional mitigation options and utility tools.

Even if not a taunt aura, perhaps a much higher +recharge buff (I mean really, EA gets the same buff with 4 enemies in range of Entropic Aura - 20%, and with 10 enemies it is twice as much at 40%), or endurance recovery, or something at least to make it stand out above the other sets. As it is, SR's only gimmick is that it can reach the defense cap easier, gets very high DDR, and has scaling resists which kick in only when you are seriously at risk of dying... but on a scrapper getting punched twice by a boss will still likely kill you when your resists cap at 75%. In exchange for these paltry advantages it has no self-heal, no end management, no base resist, no taunt aura, no stealth, no damage buff, and an extremely weak t9. I'm not even really counting the mez resist you have to click because some people actually like it that way (even if most do not). And the issue is that SR is an iconic set, a set that people who read comics would really love to have for concept reasons.

Seriously, the problem is that just about every other set offers almost the same defense, which can be softcapped with some effort, plus other mitigation, utility or damage. In the very least, every other defense set besides shield has a self heal as a "Oh S**t!" button, and Shield at least is compensated for it by getting some of the best damage in the game, especially for a secondary.

Everlasting, even though I do not RP, as:

Doctor Hadius, Crab Spider (Main) ~ Aeronwen, Rad/Super Strength/Mu Tanker ~ Mortality Black, Time/Dual Pistols/Soul Defender ~ Vextravaganza, Illusion/Dark/Psi Controller ~ Baneframe, Robots/Time/Mace Mastermind ~ Zippy-Zap, Electric Armor/Dark Melee/Soul Tanker ~ Laser Lily, Beam Rifle/Energy Aura/Leviathan Sentinel ~ Nezumiko, Savage Melee/Bio Armor/Mu Stalker

1 hour ago, Rigged said:

I have no particular opinion on a taunt aura for SR specifically, but personally I think SR really needs some kind of additional utility. Overdosing on +def is not particularly useful considering the options other defense sets have to achieve *practically* the same defense softcaps while keeping their additional mitigation options and utility tools.

Even if not a taunt aura, perhaps a much higher +recharge buff (I mean really, EA gets the same buff with 4 enemies in range of Entropic Aura - 20%, and with 10 enemies it is twice as much at 40%), or endurance recovery, or something at least to make it stand out above the other sets. As it is, SR's only gimmick is that it can reach the defense cap easier, gets very high DDR, and has scaling resists which kick in only when you are seriously at risk of dying... but on a scrapper getting punched twice by a boss will still likely kill you when your resists cap at 75%. In exchange for these paltry advantages it has no self-heal, no end management, no base resist, no taunt aura, no stealth, no damage buff, and an extremely weak t9. I'm not even really counting the mez resist you have to click because some people actually like it that way (even if most do not). And the issue is that SR is an iconic set, a set that people who read comics would really love to have for concept reasons.

Seriously, the problem is that just about every other set offers almost the same defense, which can be softcapped with some effort, plus other mitigation, utility or damage. In the very least, every other defense set besides shield has a self heal as a "Oh S**t!" button, and Shield at least is compensated for it by getting some of the best damage in the game, especially for a secondary.

What I don't understand about your post is:

1) You say other defense sets can achieve practically the same defense, but that doesn't mean they achieve the same defense.

2) You say SR's only gimmick is it can reach defense caps easier, gets very high DDR, and has scaling damage resist. (I count 3 gimmicks in that list, so "only" doesn't work.) You

also ignore its other mitigation abilities like Confuse resist (which is a toggled ability), the +60% Perception buff, and the Slow resist.

(Edit: Seriously, the Perception buff is helpful. No SR character I know of [or played] ever had any problems seeing a fleeing invisible CoT spectral demon of any kind or Tsoo spirit, even the incarnate ones. KoA in the area invisible? Not to a SR Scrapper. And the 40% slow resist means it is very easy to make the character immune to slows.)

Edited by Rudra
Edited for list alignment.

On 11/1/2023 at 4:26 PM, BrandX said:

From what I understand, the sets with taunt auras are the sets that have something about them that gets better as the more enemies around them.

WP -ToHit on the enemy and more Regen of the enemies around you (I'm going to guess the -ToHit isn't a factor, just the Regen)

Shield +DMG and -DMG (however, I believe this is for the +DMG with the -DMG not being a factor in it)

Radiation +RCH, -ToHit and -Def (the -Def isn't likely a factor and probably not the -ToHit either)

Invulnerability +Def and +ToHit (like Shield, this is likely due to the +DEF, so you're more protected)

Energy Aua +RCH

Except for Ice armor which still shouldn't have lost the taunt in CE being that it does -recharge  and -damage both very important to keep enemies in. That needs fixed. (in addition to them needing to fix the EA nerf where most of it wont stack now, HUGE loss that they didn't even add in the patch notes but later admitted when I brought it up)

That said, I'd still wish they would add that to SR, among porting the sentinel version over (and fixing the resists to start scaling from 100% with like 5% resist and being enhanceable), but would want them to just give all the taunts back to the scrapper damage auras too.

43 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

Except for Ice armor which still shouldn't have lost the taunt in CE being that it does -recharge  and -damage both very important to keep enemies in. That needs fixed. (in addition to them needing to fix the EA nerf where most of it wont stack now, HUGE loss that they didn't even add in the patch notes but later admitted when I brought it up)

That said, I'd still wish they would add that to SR, among porting the sentinel version over (and fixing the resists to start scaling from 100% with like 5% resist and being enhanceable), but would want them to just give all the taunts back to the scrapper damage auras too.

I'm not going to disagree, but I think it comes to the sets having a self buff that gets better with enemies versus debuffs, but it does seem one would want enemies around you for the -DMG or -ToHit

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, BrandX said:

I'm not going to disagree, but I think it comes to the sets having a self buff that gets better with enemies versus debuffs, but it does seem one would want enemies around you for the -DMG or -ToHit

Oh it does, that's the current state of scrapper auras, but that's the dumb part is CE SHOULD but doesn't and needs fixed.

On 11/8/2023 at 3:48 PM, Rudra said:

What I don't understand about your post is:

1) You say other defense sets can achieve practically the same defense, but that doesn't mean they achieve the same defense.

2) You say SR's only gimmick is it can reach defense caps easier, gets very high DDR, and has scaling damage resist. (I count 3 gimmicks in that list, so "only" doesn't work.) You

also ignore its other mitigation abilities like Confuse resist (which is a toggled ability), the +60% Perception buff, and the Slow resist.

(Edit: Seriously, the Perception buff is helpful. No SR character I know of [or played] ever had any problems seeing a fleeing invisible CoT spectral demon of any kind or Tsoo spirit, even the incarnate ones. KoA in the area invisible? Not to a SR Scrapper. And the 40% slow resist means it is very easy to make the character immune to slows.)

I've long ago gotten tired of your constant sealioning, Rudra. Kindly stop responding to my comments.

Everlasting, even though I do not RP, as:

Doctor Hadius, Crab Spider (Main) ~ Aeronwen, Rad/Super Strength/Mu Tanker ~ Mortality Black, Time/Dual Pistols/Soul Defender ~ Vextravaganza, Illusion/Dark/Psi Controller ~ Baneframe, Robots/Time/Mace Mastermind ~ Zippy-Zap, Electric Armor/Dark Melee/Soul Tanker ~ Laser Lily, Beam Rifle/Energy Aura/Leviathan Sentinel ~ Nezumiko, Savage Melee/Bio Armor/Mu Stalker

i still want a wolfy that charges a mob and knocks it down for some damage, instead of confront, on my scrappers.  stuff like that, not a single target taunt.

maybe a nice damage fire 15 ft single target blast with a 1.5-2s cast.

an electric melee one

dual blades attack where you throw one like a boomerang...

...something offensive!

spacer.png

Figs - friend of spirit creatures

43 minutes ago, honoroit said:

i still want a wolfy that charges a mob and knocks it down for some damage, instead of confront, on my scrappers.

Your best bet would be to either roll a beast mastery mastermind with a secondary that'll make them tougher and take various pool melee attacks.  I suppose you could create a suggestions post for some sort of beast APP that includes a summonable wolf...

I know one of the big suggestions in the past was to change confront to basically what they ended up making combat teleport.  Guess they still could and have it be target based and keep its single target taunt as part of it.  Could rename it "charge" or "rush" or something.  I'd still be all for that as I'd still like an improvement to a power that every scrapper has available and almost no scrapper takes (power statistics they published once bore that out as confront being one of the least chosen powers in the game).

1 minute ago, Riverdusk said:

I know one of the big suggestions in the past was to change confront to basically what they ended up making combat teleport.  Guess they still could and have it be target based and keep its single target taunt as part of it.  Could rename it "charge" or "rush" or something.  I'd still be all for that as I'd still like an improvement to a power that every scrapper has available and almost no scrapper takes (power statistics they published once bore that out as confront being one of the least chosen powers in the game).

I have given this exact suggestion and got shouted down by everyone and their mother.

On 11/3/2023 at 1:46 PM, Ston said:

HP% is a factor, but it is directly tied to ticks of damage taken. I can link the Ourodev code later. Other factors are rank, level difference, number of allies alive/defeated. 

You can test this with Freezing Touch on any enemy. Or even spamming Brawl/Boxing + Interface DoT. Enemy will eventually run away even if they have 95% HP left.

This explains why my latest dark melee scrapper had a lot more annoying runners than I remember from using it previously.   The touch of fear change.  A power you can now spam very easily and has 5 tics of damage very quickly.  Thanks for that info so I know I wasn't just misremembering. 

Part of the problem is that there’s really no argument to be made that scrappers in general are all missing something, either offenses or defensive. It’s one of the best balanced ATs in the game. If you want a scrapper with a teleport power, they exist. If you want a scrapper with a ranged damage attack, they exist. And if you want a scrapper with a little bit of tanking ability, they exist as well.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Riverdusk said:

29 minutes ago, Riverdusk said:
35 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

I have given this exact suggestion and got shouted down by everyone and their mother.

Hmm, I thought I remember it being pretty well received overall.  But I could be misremembering that instead.

The thing is, for those of us that take and use Confront? That would not be an improvement. That would be a downgrade. And for me at least? That would get me to respec my Scrappers and get rid of Confront. I use Confront to pull targets to me. Either off my friend or out of a room. I want them coming to me. If I wanted to go to them? I have the "W" key. Or Teleport.  And I can use Confront on that boss, or that lieutenant, or that whatever, and not be frustrated because they gleefully ignore Teleport Other.

• Thumbs Up 1