The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Wentworth's Teleport Power Gone?

Zubenelgenubi

One of the Day Job Accolade powers was really useful. It allowed you to teleport directly to any Wentworth's in the city. It was great for getting to Cremora quickly for an ITF as the Midnighter's Club in Steel Canyon was right there.

But I've been logged out of the game in a WW's for a couple of days and the Teleport to Wentworth's Day Job power is not there. Was it taken away or changed?

Back when the Insta TP to a base was modified and we got Long Range Teleport plus Base Portals elsewhere, etc...

iirc, the Wentworth and other Auction house TP powers would no longer accumulate.  If you still had charges, they could be used.   There's a reason that happened that was not "punish the players".  Something to do with messy code issue/behaviour  I think.

3 hours ago, Zubenelgenubi said:

One of the Day Job Accolade powers was really useful. It allowed you to teleport directly to any Wentworth's in the city. It was great for getting to Cremora quickly for an ITF as the Midnighter's Club in Steel Canyon was right there.

Or you can use the LFG to teleport directly to Imperious.  WAY faster than zoning to Steel to Midnighter Club to Cimerora and walking to the contact.

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

8 hours ago, lemming said:

There's a reason that happened that was not "punish the players".  Something to do with messy code issue/behaviour  I think.

There was a secondary exploit involving the different "Teleport to AH" powers that was tied to the old enterbasefrompasscode functionality.  Basically the original devs took some serious shortcuts when they made these and you could break into mapservers that you had no business being in which led to some additional exploits.  Sounds simple but apparently it was a nightmare to fix on the backend.  Homecoming changed the enterbasefrompasscode stuff back in i27p1 when they made LRT an accolade, and simultaneously opted for just disabling the AH teleport powers; most people were using base portals and LFG queue to get around anyways.

• Like 4

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.  Retired raid leader.

On 11/7/2023 at 5:19 PM, Ironblade said:

Or you can use the LFG to teleport directly to Imperious.  WAY faster than zoning to Steel to Midnighter Club to Cimerora and walking to the contact.

You can also unlock Cimerora as a destination to go to from Ouroboros by getting every exploration badge in Cim.

On 11/7/2023 at 5:06 PM, Zubenelgenubi said:

But I've been logged out of the game in a WW's for a couple of days and the Teleport to Wentworth's Day Job power is not there. Was it taken away or changed?

You can use the LFT window at the top of chat to solo queue for an ITF, and it will tp you Cimerora.

The Wentworth day job has been changed: 

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Hero_Day_Job_Badges

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Day_Trader_Badge

Marketeer

Auto: Brain Storm Bonus

Due to your time spent working at the Consignment House, you will earn a Brain Storm Idea upon mission completion for as long as this power has time remaining.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Brain_Storm_Idea_Salvage

Brain Storm Ideas can be converted into Invention Salvage at an invention table. 1 Brain Storm Idea gets one random common salvage, 5 a random uncommon salvage, and 20 a random rare salvage.

Characters gain Brain Storm Ideas for completing missions while under the Marketeer day job buff. Log out at Wentworth's, Black Markets, the Trading House in Imperial City, or the Underground Trader in Underground Imperial to gain the Marketeer day job buff.

You don't need to even go to the Wentworth's any more. Just use /ah

The Wentworth Teleporter and Pocket D teleporters were both removed when the Long Range Teleporter was added. (EDIT: but you can still use the ones that were earned before the change)

Edited by UltraAlt
(EDIT: but you can still use the ones that were earned before the change)

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

I miss the WW teleport power but only sentimental reasons.  Does this mean characters pre 27p1 keep the old ww teleport and new characters get the brainstorm power?  I am still tping around Wentworth with my old characters and usually log off at an auction house / black market with many characters. 

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

13 hours ago, starro said:

I miss the WW teleport power but only sentimental reasons.  Does this mean characters pre 27p1 keep the old ww teleport and new characters get the brainstorm power?  I am still tping around Wentworth with my old characters and usually log off at an auction house / black market with many characters. 

I've only used those on one of the TFs, Citadel, I believe.  On the part where you have to go to a contact after a mission in Steel Canyon near the train.

@Kismet

@KlSMET - (kLsmet)

@Kismette

@Kismet Angel/@Angel of Fate/@One Kismet - on live

Heroes on Guardian/Villains on Victory

16 hours ago, starro said:

Old characters with the TP to WW temp power can still use them - but only until they run out.  logging off in WW does not recharge them anymore.  Once you use the last teleport, it's gone. forver.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wait, there's another way to get to Cimerora than by using the LFG teleport? Who knew?

Yeah, I have several characters with the AH teleports left over, but they might as well not have them: I can't bring myself to "waste" the unique, irreplaceable powers.

Silly, I know, but back in the old days when I really knew my way around the City (I was unemployed for a while, and the $15/month was my entire entertainment budget) it was a valuable part of my "get there fastest" strategy. Oh, and I eventually found out you could buy and sell stuff at the Auction Houses, too! Such a deal!

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)