Does Granite work with Mini-Mode?

Shocktacular

I wasn't sure where to put this, so ...

Basically, if you have a character with mini-mode from the hologram vendor and you turn on Granite Armor (stone armor powerset T9), will you stay mini while it's on?  I'd also like to know about other T9 powers and anything that doesn't work with mini.  I already know you have to turn mini off to edit your costume.

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs so far.
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

You can go on the beta server and check for yourself, though I would assume no, since its a full model replacement. On the same hand I would assume it does not work with PB/WS forms. Either way I've never seen a mini of either.

It should work with all other powers though as they are the only model replacement powers I'm aware of.

Edited by Riot Siren
  • Like 1

Kaika DB/INVUN Stalker                                                 Unluck AR/Nin Blaster

Riot Siren Bio/Dark Tank                                                      Ria Greenheart Axe/Sheild scrapper

Blue Meteor Em/Rad Scrapper                                             Fio Rune  FIre/Rad Stalker 

6 hours ago, Riot Siren said:

You can go on the beta server and check for yourself, though I would assume no, since its a full model replacement. On the same hand I would assume it does not work with PB/WS forms. Either way I've never seen a mini of either.

It should work with all other powers though as though are the only model replacement powers I'm aware of.

Coyote and Panther travel forms too.  😄

7 hours ago, Greyhame said:

I just copied to Beta and tested with my 'shade.  Mini mode does NOT work with Nova or Dwarf forms.  The effect auras do, however (i.e. Effect: Psionic or Effect: Shadow)

^             ^

This needs to be placed somewhere in bold bright letters

Could you imagine spending so much only to find out it doesn't work on your AT?

@Greyhame Thank you for your service!

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

10 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

Could you imagine spending so much only to find out it doesn't work on your AT?

Those are powers with a model replacement, not an AT. And powers that not everyone takes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Also, if you have an Illusion character with PA set to mirror your appearance, does mini-mode affect the PA decoys or do they just copy your costume without being mini-fied?

Edited by Shocktacular

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs so far.
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

On 11/22/2023 at 8:33 PM, Shocktacular said:

Also, if you have an Illusion character with PA set to mirror your appearance, does mini-mode affect the PA decoys or do they just copy your costume without being mini-fied?

I'd be fairly certain they'd stay full size. Easy enough to test on the test server.

Edit: As expected, nope.

image.png.d64c33043d293d855a85608132bed89b.png

Edited by Greycat

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

On 11/24/2023 at 9:41 AM, Greycat said:

I'd be fairly certain they'd stay full size. Easy enough to test on the test server.

Edit: As expected, nope.

I can see that would be bad for some character themes, but it could also be kind of fun, like name all your decoys "My Big Brother" or something.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

17 hours ago, BazookaTwo said:

Wait...is mini mode easy to get on the test server? 

The test server has a "freebies menu" so you can test things. Immediate level to 50, test full sets, etc. It's part of why people will often say if you want to see how a build performs... do it on the test server.

• 2 weeks later
On 11/30/2023 at 4:25 AM, Greycat said:

The test server has a "freebies menu" so you can test things. Immediate level to 50, test full sets, etc. It's part of why people will often say if you want to see how a build performs... do it on the test server.

I knew that, I didn't know you could do mini mode there. How many prismatic ether is mini mode costume?

3 hours ago, BazookaTwo said:

I knew that, I didn't know you could do mini mode there. How many prismatic ether is mini mode costume?

Same cost as on live, but you can just give yourself the aethers (I don't remember the live cost off the top of my head. 250? 1000?)