Focused Feedback: Arsenal Assault

On 1/23/2024 at 9:03 PM, UltraAlt said:
On 11/22/2023 at 11:43 AM, The Curator said:

New Powerset - Arsenal Assault

ArsenalAssault.PNG.a7e038c2f97cb543f8ae9d863421d519.PNG

Expand  

I'm working with Arsenal/Arsenal Doms so I'm going to post in both threads - at least to start - and then keep specifics of the sets to the on the individual threads.

Character 1) auto leveled up to like level 22. Set-up with mostly if not all SOs.

Ran a police scanner mission in Talos.

I didn't really get the flow of the game play. Their are a bunch of click on a target location powers, and I wasn't using them so much because I forgot to turn the difficulty up, was on a purple cave map, and just wasn't figuring when to use the different click on target location powers.

Character 2) Since I wasn't getting the flow of the set, I created a new character. Running x2 xp but leveling through game play. 

Ran the lake and the building behind it to get the first 4 levels without enhancements. It seemed easier than most sets.

Character 1) dormant for for this post

Character 2) Ran in a 3 player team. Levels 3-7. Hunted behind the Lake in Atlas until 5, then moved to Hollows, ran Wilcott's first mission, unlocked Meg, and ran first two door-missions from Meg. First one on flat. second one at +1.

No real challenge on the door missions on that setting.

Running with Arsenal Assault: Burst and Buckshot at this point.

Had a little gun envy from one of the two Arsenal Controllers that I as running with.

They were Arsenal/Traps and Arsenal Bubbles.

I'm assuming that Arsenal/Traps is going to be a go-to for the Arsenal Controllers.

• Banjo 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 1/30/2024 at 11:42 PM, Indystruck said:

Wild to see folks hatin' on buckshot, it's insanely good.

It is, and I LOVE it, but. this is still a dom set, and cones are just REALLY bad in place of a taoe that's much more needed to be usable in melee. I'd rather see/think it makes more sense to have just all 3 aoes in the set and remove one of the ST attacks. Most dom sets have too many as is especially if you ever supplement one of the control's as an attack. But as much as I love buckshot though, I'd still rather see m30 INSTEAD of it if the set can only have 2 aoes.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

On 1/31/2024 at 1:42 PM, Indystruck said:

Wild to see folks hatin' on buckshot, it's insanely good.

I ended up skipping on my test build at 50 but to be honest I can see people taking it to fish for FF procs.

I do think it's a little underpowered but at least it animates quickly which is usually my main reason for skipping mose cones; they usually take 2.67 to animates for mid to unfavorable results regarding damage, area coverage, or proc opportunities.

Ironically, Control Sets seem to have the best cones for denting HP bars on Doms, at least when you consider procs.

• Banjo 1

Weird that useful feedback about Arsenal Assault not having a source of "Wet" for Arsenal Control would get deleted.  That seems like a pretty important topic to discuss seeing as how Arse/Arse Dom is a thematic and logical pairing.

Guess I'll just post it again so everyone knows. 

• Like 3
  • Banjo 1
  • Microphone 1

Choose your weapon:  Okay, I choose words.

I do not believe the false notion that "your ignorance is just as good as my knowledge."

On 1/28/2024 at 5:00 PM, Captain Powerhouse said:

This is by design. It's always been intended to encourage dominators to jump in and out of melee range.

It seems odd that Arsenal Assault is Melee-Centric having 2 melee abilities (Buttstroke and Elbow Blow) plus a Buckshot as a cone with Burst being the sole ranged option in the first four slots.  Most other Assault sets have at 2 ranged options and either 2 melee options or a melee with a Cone or PBAoE within the first four selections.  The only other exception is Savage Assault, which looks to be conceived as a Melee-Centric from the get-go.

I haven't dedicated a lot of time, but I'm slowly solo leveling an Arsenal/Arsenal Dominator.  I ended up taking Toxic Dart as another ranged option and fully slotted it, yet I still have downtime in my attack chain since I have to sit on Tranquilizer Dart or Cryo Freeze Ray when keeping a pack locked down.  Since it's on the test server, I think the fact that I can have the powers fully slotted out has been carrying things a bit.  I took Elbow Blow just to have a "get away" melee button, and I wasn't sure what else to take at that point.

Honestly, I think I'd want to see one of the two melee options go and replace it with Single Shot or Slug, and I prefer the Single Shot option.   So changing the options to Single Shot or Melee Option at 1st level.  Then Buckshot at 4th, and Burst at 10th.  I think that'd give you the melee-encouragement without constraining the player into a playstyle.

• Banjo 1

Elbow strike does not seem fitting for Arsenal Assault. Maybe for street fighting or Martial arts but not Weaponry. Could you not change that in some way? Brass knuckle strike maybe and use punch animation? At least that is a weapon and not a body part.

Arsenal must mean something different to you than what i think it is.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

On 2/7/2024 at 2:06 PM, Gobbledigook said:

Elbow strike does not seem fitting for Arsenal Assault. Maybe for street fighting or Martial arts but not Weaponry. Could you not change that in some way? Brass knuckle strike maybe and use punch animation? At least that is a weapon and not a body part.

Arsenal must mean something different to you than what i think it is.

I believe a Bayonet strike was suggested earlier in the thread. I haven't read the entire thread closely, though, so if there's a reason it was skipped (like no appropriate animations or something) my apologies.

• Banjo 1

Dunno if Arsenal Assault will get changed much anymore since it's, yknow, not getting much feedback and pretty good overall.  Just thought I'd mention that "Wet" is dead for now, so Arsenal Assault lacking it is no longer a specific hindrance when paired with Arsenal Control.

• Banjo 1

Choose your weapon:  Okay, I choose words.

I do not believe the false notion that "your ignorance is just as good as my knowledge."

On 1/30/2024 at 11:46 PM, UltraAlt said:

Had a little gun envy from one of the two Arsenal Controllers that I as running with.

They were Arsenal/Traps and Arsenal Bubbles.

I'm assuming that Arsenal/Traps is going to be a go-to for the Arsenal Controllers.

Arsenal/Traps is probably one of the worse combos, actually - as far as potential hold stacking goes. Arsenal/Trick is probably the way to go for stacking debuffs, which feels like a stronger option to me, just to add my input.

• Banjo 1

• 2 weeks later
On 2/9/2024 at 12:45 AM, ShinMagmus said:

Dunno if Arsenal Assault will get changed much anymore since it's, yknow, not getting much feedback and pretty good overall.  Just thought I'd mention that "Wet" is dead for now, so Arsenal Assault lacking it is no longer a specific hindrance when paired with Arsenal Control.

If only smoke cannister applied -kb to the mobs themselves, (and not just the confused ones strengh) Lord would that help boost arsenal control and help it to pair better with arse assault too XD

• Banjo 1