Focused Feedback: Arsenal Assault

• Developer

New Powerset - Arsenal Assault

ArsenalAssault.PNG.a7e038c2f97cb543f8ae9d863421d519.PNG

New secondary for Dominators

• You use your cutting edge assault rifle to not only devastate foes from range, but also wield it and other advanced munitions at short range to incapacitate anyone who gets too close.

Powers:

• AssaultWeapons_Burst.png.2cffbf6935f8b2b030cae3f0638d84e7.png  Burst Ranged, DMG(Lethal), Foe -DEF
    • Quickly fires a Burst of rounds at a single target at very long range. Damage is average, but the fire rate is fast. Can also reduce the target's defense.

• AssaultWeapons_RifleButt.png.7ef7ddf8291ad4c66a227f83f884697b.png  Buttstroke Melee, DMG(Smash), Foe Disorient
    • A smash with the butt of your rifle with a high chance of disorienting. 
  • AssaultWeapons_Buckshot.png.927ee373a03e844a88bb91221e5bf9e6.png  Buckshot  Ranged (Cone), DMG(Lethal), Foe Knockback
    • Good at close range. Fires a cone of Buckshot pellets and can knock some foes down.
  • AssaultWeapons_HeavyBlow.png.8426d41722db47a0f5f38a4d0a21fc0e.png  Heavy Blow  Melee, Moderate DMG(Smash), Foe Knockback
    • You strike your foe with a powerful punch dealing Smashing damage and knocking the target back.

• AssaultWeapons_PowerUp.png.7944b1e185967b1ea6c1c2d08a8c6f7e.png  Power Up  Self +Special, +DMG(All)
    • Boosts the damage and secondary effects of your powers. Your powers' effects like Heals, Defense Buffs, Endurance Drains, Disorients, Holds, Immobilizes and more, are all improved. The effects of Power Up last a short while, and only the next couple of attacks will be boosted.

• AssaultWeapons_TripMine.png.c2b8bc822f36ebd3d05b3006d3315e91.png  Trip Mine Place Mine: PBAoE, Superior DMG(Lethal/Fire), Foe Knockback
    • You can place a Trip Mine on the ground. Any villains that pass near the Trip Mine will cause it to explode, damaging all nearby foes and sending them flying.
  • AssaultWeapons_TargetingDrone.png.02ac1521da0cd207875a1121c59be451.png  Targeting Drone  Toggle: Self +To Hit, +Perception, Res(DeBuff To Hit)
    • When this device is activated, the small Targeting Drone hovers around your head and emits targeting laser sights. The lasers can dramatically improve your chance to hit, and increase your perception, allowing you to better see stealthy foes. Targeting Drone also grants you resistance to powers that debuff your chance to hit.
  • AssaultWeapons_SniperRifle.png.65def73608ce90771e76fa12956c2f17.png  Sniper Rifle  Sniper, DMG(Lethal), Foe Knockback
    • Sniper Rifle is a powerful piece of hardware. It is very accurate and has a very long range. The impressive round can knock down its target. Like most sniper attacks, you must take your time to aim, so this attack can be interrupted. If you are engaged in battle this attack becomes instant-cast. If you are not engaged, it will do bonus damage.
  • AssaultWeapons_Ignite.png.2dfde69531f7dd1236bc4b1a1084d61b.png  Ignite  Range, DoT(Fire)
    • Sprays a target with accelerant from your flamethrower, igniting it and causing extreme damage over time. Also sets the location on fire if the target is grounded, inflicting damage to additional foes that step in the area.
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Widower unlocked this topic
50 minutes ago, Exxar said:

So why no Bayonet?

More importantly, why no Bayonet instead of heavy blow, and why not called Buttpoke.  Missed opportunity.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Excelsior

ExAstris - Arachnos Widow

Pulp Noir - Illusion/Psy Assault

Perspective - Illusion/TA

Madame Elena - Rad/Bio (Scrapper)

On 11/22/2023 at 11:43 AM, The Curator said:

AssaultWeapons_RifleButt.png.7ef7ddf8291ad4c66a227f83f884697b.png  Buttstroke Melee, DMG(Smash), Foe Disorient

• A smash with the butt of your rifle with a high chance of disorienting. 

archer-phrasing.gif.738d4f308f69e6b3c38b4e04e545bb1c.gif

• Haha 6
  • Thumbs Up 2

27 minutes ago, Dev Holymittens said:

For those concerned bout the name: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buttstroke

Being correct is not the same as being right.

I'm reminded of people in the very olden days daring to ask for Dual Blades to wield a Main Gauche in their right hand/both hands and Dev-BABs throwing a tantrum and refusing because "that's not what Main Gauche means!"

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, StarkWhite said:

"Us" is doing a lot of work there.

Nah, it's been a running joke since it went onto the test server during closed beta.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

5 minutes ago, StarkWhite said:

I know, I'm there too. I'm just not twelve and don't find it particularly hilarious.

I haven't been twelve in decades and I still think it's funny. 'Course, the entire time during closed beta people were saying "this is going to cause some issues" and were always countered with "but it's a real thing!"

If you have to say "it's a real thing, we promise!" maybe the name isn't the best idea.

• Like 5

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

• Developer
1 hour ago, Arcadio said:

Devices and Traps both have an identical Trip Mine, but this one in Arsenal is much weaker and doesn't have the same type of data in the description. Is that intended? 

Not intentional, but also they are not identical. Thought this had been fixed a while back, seems I'm wrong. Will have to look at it again...

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

5 hours ago, Dev Holymittens said:

We were forced to use it. Every time we tried to use a different term, a guy with an assault rifle came and buttstroked us.

To be fair it IS a nice butt.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dev Holymittens said:

Honestly, we knew people would find it funny from the start, since we also found it funny. We decided it being funny wasn't a good enough reason not to use the name.

Also have to realize some will just find it dumb and juvenile?  I'm more of that camp, but not enough to really care all that much about it. 

• Like 1