The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

New Contest for CoX Players

captainstar

On 12/15/2023 at 6:16 PM, biostem said:

I don't think real life/real people should be included in such contests.

Agreed.

That said, some of the stuff in game now, as I recall, was designed by players back on live. (I want to say the Made Men Pizza one was, for one.) And of course there was the in-game advertising that was ... rather out of place and died a not quick enough death...

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

1 hour ago, Greycat said:

That said, some of the stuff in game now, as I recall, was designed by players back on live. (I want to say the Made Men Pizza one was, for one.) And of course there was the in-game advertising that was ... rather out of place and died a not quick enough death...

wait...

that was real?

I thought it was some foggy fever dream memory

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

I think I saw one of the other big servers was already doing contests for this.  Sounds fun, sure.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 12/15/2023 at 7:16 PM, biostem said:

I don't think real life/real people should be included in such contests.  That being said, some sort of seasonal contests that replace in-game billboards and ads with player-submitted content could be really cool...

Don't forget the theater posters.

I'm down for this.  If anything it might motivate me to finally get some training in graphic design to go with the art minor skills I still retain but rarely use. 

I'd like to add a suggestion that, even if it doesn't fly as an in-game opportunity, there's nothing stopping us from creating a running thread in the art forum where folks can take a screenshot of a scene in need of a banner or billboard, then work some graphics magic to incorporate their idea for display.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1