Recent Blatant ERP Fishing/Adult Topics in Public Spaces

Sic

Hi. I'm aware this topic will come off as snippy. Today, a big public RP event saw a particular party performing blatantly adult actions for a crowd. Granted, they were told off for it, but they still did it. I promise I'm going somewhere with this.

It's becoming harder and harder to engage with this community when there are prominent groups and characters who essentially state their desire for pet play or torture scenarios in their bios. Yes, I'm coming off as rude about this. No, I don't necessarily have an issue with people ERPing. What I have an issue with is people shoving their fetishes in others' faces and blatantly disrespecting any sort of basic politeness or public decency that would otherwise keep them from doing so.

If you want to ERP and engage with adult themes, please, keep it private. Do not put it in your bios and *especially* do not send people unsolicited whispers asking for ERP. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 hours ago, Sic said:

Hi. I'm aware this topic will come off as snippy. Today, a big public RP event saw a particular party performing blatantly adult actions for a crowd. Granted, they were told off for it, but they still did it. I promise I'm going somewhere with this.

It's becoming harder and harder to engage with this community when there are prominent groups and characters who essentially state their desire for pet play or torture scenarios in their bios. Yes, I'm coming off as rude about this. No, I don't necessarily have an issue with people ERPing. What I have an issue with is people shoving their fetishes in others' faces and blatantly disrespecting any sort of basic politeness or public decency that would otherwise keep them from doing so.

If you want to ERP and engage with adult themes, please, keep it private. Do not put it in your bios and *especially* do not send people unsolicited whispers asking for ERP. 

How are people who want to engage in ERP supposed to recognize each other’s shared interest in that without either putting it in their bios or randomly soliciting people? What’s your proposed alternative?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Maybe something near the top of their bio so if that's not your thing, you can disengage, but if it's in the bio, I'm not too worried.

Engaging in ERP in a public space (ie: outside a base that is for that) is probably not the place.  Of course, there are degrees of this that are probably part of the debate.  Some people have issues if the mention or existence of a particular kink is in their bio.

And yes, no requesting ERP if the person doesn't have that flagged in their bio.

The Code of Conduct does cover this in that anything explicit shouldn't be public.   It's "relaxed" for private tells, but pretty sure that means that it needs full consent for both parties.

• Thumbs Up 3

10 hours ago, Magairlín said:

I think a brief mention in a bio would make it easier for uninterested players (like me) to avoid that person. 

You're right.

But if the people @Sic is talking about are the ones I'm thinking of, it's more than a brief mention. It's basically their entire bio. A list of 'pets' or 'owned people' are included.

It's mostly one particular VG on Everlasting whose leader has been around for years and knows better but for whatever reason in the past several months to a year has decided to flagrantly violate the CoC. The name is something like "Color-Flower-Classical Military Formation."

7 hours ago, Panache said:

How are people who want to engage in ERP supposed to recognize each other’s shared interest in that without either putting it in their bios or randomly soliciting people? What’s your proposed alternative?

This isn't what the OP is about. It's beyond writing something like [All RP] or even [M/ERP] at the top of the bio. It's when the entire bio is a lurid detailing of your specific niche fetish, for your own personal gratification. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

11 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

You're right.

But if the people @Sic is talking about are the ones I'm thinking of, it's more than a brief mention. It's basically their entire bio. A list of 'pets' or 'owned people' are included.

It's mostly one particular VG on Everlasting whose leader has been around for years and knows better but for whatever reason in the past several months to a year has decided to flagrantly violate the CoC. The name is something like "Color-Flower-Classical Military Formation."

This isn't what the OP is about. It's beyond writing something like [All RP] or even [M/ERP] at the top of the bio. It's when the entire bio is a lurid detailing of your specific niche fetish, for your own personal gratification. 

Ah, that’s a horse of a different color then

We are aware of the event the happened. We apologize as we know this paints a bad picture for the community. We are working on changing the communities image of us. I have asked the members to remove fetishes and other stuff from their profiles. The member has been talked to, punished and removed from the group. Once again I am sorry and will work to make things better with each and every one of you.

Edited by owlsareawesome
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

8 hours ago, CrimsonShadow said:

🥱 Just go have your own fun, mistakes happen, the world keeps spinning.

Conduct yourself better in public spaces with a potential wide age range of players. Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Coh tos is 13+ I think, we'll past the time for the adult talks about birds and bees. I do agree open ERP is also a no no. But assuming it was a mistake you have to kind of move on. Owl said sorry, next time it happens we just burn them in the town square for being a witch.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, CrimsonShadow said:

🥱 Just go have your own fun, mistakes happen, the world keeps spinning.

On 12/16/2023 at 6:40 PM, twozerofoxtrot said:

in the past several months to a year has decided to flagrantly violate the CoC. The name is something like "Color-Flower-Classical Military Formation."

in the past several months to a year

Must've been one heck of a mistake for it to persist for that long.

On 12/16/2023 at 10:39 AM, Panache said:

putting ERP in the bio should be all that is necessary.

Then ERP people can take it to a base ("Get a room!") and no one else has to be exposed to it.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Everlasting_Base_List has an ERP section.

Currently only one base is listed there, but that would seem to be an option if that is your kind of thing.

Since it is only one base, people that want to do that could simply go there and hang out until other people that want to ERP show up.

• Thumbs Up 2

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

it is easy and yall know it ,  At the top of your BIO you put Erp/Mrp/Rp/RP Friendly and quit being foolish about it  I dont care what you do to whom  who you beat kill etc just be the adult your trying to be and all will be well. Here my addtional 2 cents  shove you craap at me and I'll discuss religion with my Angel toon with the offending party making sure to quote line and verse and include alot of fire and brimstone. If its good enough for telemarketers, its good enough for foolish people. baring that /Ignore goes a long way. If you are reading bio's ya dont like quit reading them ignore and move on. 

/end  rant  

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

When you wake up seek the courage and strength to do the right thing.
Decide that this will be another day in which you Walk The Talk.

American Valor Sentinel of Liberty

RP Forums: Paragon University thread

FBSA Home Page

When it comes to ERP, SAP is the gold standard, and most people will be aware of it. Microsoft Dynamics is a close contender as well and integrates better across most platforms. Oracle also have their own offering.

Personally I'm a big fan of Syscom ERP since it runs across platforms and is (comparatively) inexpensive and tends to scale to smaller sized enterprises than SAP or Dynamics.

Hope that helps

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.