Have to Accept User Agreement every login

Jackson

If this is intentional, no problem, it is a super-minor annoyance.

Every time I launch the game and enter my password, I have to Accept the user agreement again. If I log into a character and then "Quit to Login Screen" then it does not ask me to Accept the Agreement a second time.

I've tried validating my files with Tequila to see if something sticking around is causing the problems but nothing changes. A skim through my application directory doesn't show anything out of the ordinary either but I'm not sure what to look for.

Thanks for any help!

Apparently it worked the same in Live according to the developers and they are reusing the same code

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

well, if you happen to read it at some point...

(a) It is Your responsibility to read, understand and accept the Code of Conduct in effect each and every time You use the Service. You acknowledge that Homecoming may make changes to the Code of Conduct at any time. You also acknowledge that each and every time You click "ACCEPT" You warrant and represent that You did read, understand and accept the most recent version of the Code of Conduct in effect at that time.

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker

I have read it, thanks!

I’ll admit to skipping a lot of EULAs because most are too long to consume and fully understand. The Homecoming one is mostly the opposite of that which I appreciate.

Like it said in the first post if it is intentional then great.

But the trick with clicking accept every time is that I bet most people won’t read the whole thing and even if they do, it’s still too long to be able to pick out any changes over time at a glance. Even minor changes to word order or a plural added or removed can significantly change meanings.

But the trick with clicking accept every time is that I bet most people won’t read the whole thing and even if they do, it’s still too long to be able to pick out any changes over time at a glance. Even minor changes to word order or a plural added or removed can significantly change meanings.

For sure.  But they do list the revision date at the top, as well.

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker

It was like that on original, live CoX.  When I had to accept it on logging in the 2nd time it stopped me because I suddenly went, "Oh wait, I remember this.  I had to do this EVERY SINGLE TIME."

Just like you have to pick your server every time.

Listen, the team has only been live a month.  Do I want them to grow and streamline and have a shiny new launcher?  Sure, but it's way down on my priority list.

Everlasting server - Sister Pistols and the Perma-Newbies SG

Heh, like anyone ever reads them. :p

aka: How so many people end up with charges on their cellphone bill or adware installed on their computers. ;)

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 3 weeks later

About one out of every 10 logins I get to that page and hit agree and it acts like it will take me to the server screen and does not.  You can see it register the click, and the music stops, but then the music starts back up 2 seconds later, have to go back out to login and try and again for it to work.  Strange. 

Extremely Unclear Legal Absurdity - Just click it  :D

"Stand By to Stand By"