Rikti War Zone: Extend the level 54 mobs further south.

KaizenSoze

I do enjoy street sweeping from time to time, but DA and PI has gotten a bit old.

RWZ is rarely visited, except for a specific reason, unlike the PI parking lot which folks like me pop in to kill a few mobs.

All the level 54 mobs are way up in the north section of the map. I would like to see them extended so they take up the entire northern square. The area around the ship basically.

Yes, it would have some impact on drop ship raids, but I would think that would be minor.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

It also would impact players at the lower end of the level range for the zone that keep getting sent into that area. You're talking about taking a level 44-46 area, a 48-50 area, and a 46-48 area and changing them all to 50-54 areas. It's already hazardous enough when my level 44 is sent to those areas where the mobs are at least somewhere near my level. Players already have to dodge Rikti pylons to reach their missions. When there are spawns at your mission door and they are near your level, it's a race to get in fast enough. If those same spawns are now 10 levels higher than you? My squishy characters won't even reach their entrance to try to get inside in time any more. (They already enter the mission low on health when I find near my level but still higher level Rikti waiting at the mission.)

(Edit: The level 44-46 Heartbreak Ridge area already sees my level 35-40 characters getting sent there for missions. Level 54 Rikti will eat me if they are extended down that far.)

Edit again: Why don't you try Cimerora? Since it has been expanded, there is a sizable 54 enemy zone there now. And regular missions don't send solo players into that area unless we choose to do that TF from not-Valkyrie Valkyrie.

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later
1 hour ago, Wavicle said:

I think all the 54 areas should be populated a little more densely, including RWZ, The Storm Palace, Mot Cemetery in DA, etc

I don't care if the level 50-54 areas are more densely populated. Just as long as they are not extended down into the areas where level 35 characters are sent like the OP is asking for. Having to deal with purple mobs when you don't have the enhancements for it is one thing. Being told to get through a hazard zone spawn of level 54s as a level 40 or under is just asking for too much for the sake of players that want an expanded level 54 hunting area. Especially since they can just pop over to Cimerora and fight through the traitor claimed fortress which is a sizable level 50-54 area with large spawns. (Edit: And even includes spawns of 1 EB with 2 bosses supporting it on the cliffs for badge progress if they want.)

Edited by Rudra
  • Like 2

I am hoping we see Khalista Wharf built out soon with the revised Warriors.  

Edited by starro
  • Thumbs Up 1

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

Eh, this smells of catering to the power creep crowd.  I'm also not so fond of the idea of trying to navigate around an MSR with Oops All 54s! around.

• Thanks 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

You could set the areas with level 54 mobs "to x8" as it were.

OR (maybe better)

For RWZ specifically: Make the mobs levels in the zone be relative to a specified baseline, and then have them all scale to you! So no matter what level you are, the mobs in the closest yellow areas are White and Yellow con minions, those in the next areas out are Yellow and Orange, next Orange and Purple, and finally the north of the zone where Everything is purple to everyone. And perhaps also increase the population density in the north as well.

I wouldn't mind seeing ALL "Hazard" zones, including the Shards, the Wards, and RWZ scale in this way.

37 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

You could set the areas with level 54 mobs "to x8" as it were.

OR (maybe better)

For RWZ specifically: Make the mobs levels in the zone be relative to a specified baseline, and then have them all scale to you! So no matter what level you are, the mobs in the closest yellow areas are White and Yellow con minions, those in the next areas out are Yellow and Orange, next Orange and Purple, and finally the north of the zone where Everything is purple to everyone. And perhaps also increase the population density in the north as well.

I wouldn't mind seeing ALL "Hazard" zones, including the Shards, the Wards, and RWZ scale in this way.

I don't think the scaling can be made to work that way. I'm not a dev, so I don't know for certain, but given the difficulties the engine has with things we normally consider simple to implement, I don't think it can be done.

23 minutes ago, Lunar Ronin said:

You could launch an instanced Rikti mothership raid by yourself and go to town on all of the level 54 mobs outside of the mothership.

Now there is a spectacular idea. They would get all the level 54 mobs they want that way. And when the "zone" is cleared, they can just start over.