A deeper appreciation of the HC team's capabilities.

8 hours ago, Faultline said:

UI scaling is also pretty huge. If you have a 1080p monitor you won't think about it, but 4K monitors are a significant part of the market now, and the game is borderline unplayable at that high resolution with default UI scaling.

Hoping someday we get a fix for cutscenes on ultrawide monitors *hint hint nudge nudge*

• Like 2

22 hours ago, lemming said:

I wanted sign up as an intern for the same company.  Why of course I'd love to work for free when the same job used to be six figures...

"Why, no, but if they'd like to hire me on as a consultant, I'd be happy to send you my rate per hour."

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

2 hours ago, carroto said:

Can you point me to the part that addresses this specifically?  I asked in that thread and got no answer.  What is it about the new license agreement that requires one launcher to rule them all?

Does this impact my ability to play the game? Will my characters be deleted?
There will be no rollbacks or resets of any kind, nor will there be any real changes to our day-to-day operations. You can continue playing as you do today, provided that you comply with our Terms of Service and Code of Conduct

However, we will be discontinuing support for Tequila and similar launchers in the coming months. Providing an in-house installation and patching solution is part of fulfilling our side of the license agreement (this was a key reason behind the development of the Homecoming Launcher).

If you are looking for them to post the text of the agreement that goes over that, don't hold your breath.  Ever hear of NDAs?

• Thumbs Up 1

Haven't they been talking about dropping Tequila for awhile anyway?

• Thumbs Up 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 1/7/2024 at 3:31 PM, Faultline said:

UI scaling is also pretty huge. If you have a 1080p monitor you won't think about it, but 4K monitors are a significant part of the market now, and the game is borderline unplayable at that high resolution with default UI scaling.

I set my UI to 113%, and I play at 2560x1440 resolution.  Standard UI size is le tiny.

On 1/7/2024 at 10:46 PM, Captain Fabulous said:

Hoping someday we get a fix for cutscenes on ultrawide monitors *hint hint nudge nudge*

Yeah, I just came back for a bit and got to a cutscene...

On my super ultrawide, 5120x1440.

The cutscene was a pair of belly and crotches talking to each other...

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Game Master
On 1/9/2024 at 12:08 AM, carroto said:

Can you point me to the part that addresses this specifically?  I asked in that thread and got no answer.  What is it about the new license agreement that requires one launcher to rule them all?

I can't talk about the licence, only how it was explained by Number Six when he rolled it out. Tequila has zero security and it's very easy to create a manifest riddles with nasties. Viruses, malware etc and you'd never know. If you got the manifest from us (or the actual Rebirth/new dawn/Thunderspy etc site) you are most likely fine, but some people don't realise and google "city of heroes manifest" and get all kinds of hits, not all of which are legitimate manifest re-uploaders.

To combat that we came up with the launcher which can't download anything except our designated up to date manifest. It's got a lot of tools behind the scenes to fix loading issues before they appear to the player, plus a few utilities that are very useful. So even if it is (or isn't) a condition of the licence (I don't know myself to be honest, just what's been said in the announcement) for player security the launcher is the best way to download and play the game.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 2
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1