The Next Defender

smnolimits42

1 hour ago, Panache said:

Poison without the heal, antidote or rez; all you *do* is debuff!

But causing your allies to puke their guts out 90 seconds post rez is absolutely an obligatory part of playing a poison defender.

Storm, TA, and Poison all make for excellent Offenders. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Currently on fire.

1 hour ago, Psylenz0511 said:

If you haven't rolled one before --

FEEL THE POWER OF THE STORM!!!

I've done multiple Earth/Storm (as well as other /Storm).  A very potent combo of hard controls from Earth and the raw damage power of Storm.  Great control from start thru endgame.

Edit:  Not a bad Defender either 🤪 ooopsy. What happens when you go from the Controller forums to Defender forums on a sleep deprived brain

Edit 2:  And I don't care what anyone says Storm/Storm is a great deal of fun even solo especially once Storm Summoning comes into its own and even if not the mostist meta pairing

Edit 3: And as @Psyonicosays TA is a very nasty debuffer ... TA/Storm Blast is also a good deal of fun.

Edited by Doomguide2005

I have at this point paired poison with:

• Rad blast - works well, seems thematic, further debuffs defense
  • Elec blast - works great with poison trap/weaken at sapping targets, short circuit is a great proc power
  • Fire blast - works really well at killing things
  • Elec control - I liked elec blast so much I made it as a troller and it really can shut down a full team worth of NPCs with all the tools at its disposal.
  • Plant control - pretty much same as elec control but more damage, and no sapping.

It's hard to go wrong with poison. It's a great set, but aside of playing it on a mastermind, it's meant to be played in melee.

I like Poison/Rad/Dark. Venomous Gas/Oppressive Gloom/Soul Drain/Irradiate all lend well to thriving in melee. Oppressive Gloom stuns all minions and stacks with Cosmic Burst to 1 shot stun bosses. You don't need to slot anything for accuracy using soul drain/tactics/kismet/vigor/setbonuses/defense debuffs so you can shove a crazy number of damage and utility procs into the build. 

Poison/Fire is very strong too or you can go for Dark or Water Blast to have a self heal, but I've never found it a necessary to make poison work.

• Like 1

Currently on fire.

9 hours ago, BazookaTwo said:

Poison/Dark is pretty potent, just needs attention for accuracy. 

Since all of dark's AoE is cones (except black star) how do you handle being in melee for venomous gas?

What this team needs is more Defenders

• 2 weeks later
On 1/10/2024 at 1:34 PM, Psyonico said:

Since all of dark's AoE is cones (except black star) how do you handle being in melee for venomous gas?

I played Kin/Dark and wasn't crazy about it for this reason. Kin really likes melee and /Dark really likes range, so you end up hopping around a lot. Too busy for me. I wonder if TA/Dark would be good though, since they both love range.

4 hours ago, Glowworm said:

I played Kin/Dark and wasn't crazy about it for this reason. Kin really likes melee and /Dark really likes range, so you end up hopping around a lot. Too busy for me. I wonder if TA/Dark would be good though, since they both love range.

I've got a TA/Dark, it's good fun and quite potent.

What this team needs is more Defenders

• 4 weeks later
On 1/9/2024 at 8:38 PM, smnolimits42 said:

alright i'm gonna try poison again, what would be your favourite secondary ???

Take something with quick blast animations and good melee range damage, might I suggest the old Poison/rad combo