Tiki Bar knothole plugged?

Hey... did the devs plug the little exit hole from the Tiki Bar? I just spent ten minutes, with two different alts (TP and Translocation), and was unable to get through the knothole.

Uncool, bros, uncool... 馃槥

• Haha 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:聽 GABS Bindfile聽 路聽 WindowScaler聽 路聽 Teleport Guide聽 路聽 and City of Zeroes聽 all at聽 www.Shenanigunner.com

4 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

Hey... did the devs plug the little exit hole from the Tiki Bar? I just spent ten minutes, with two different alts (TP and Translocation), and was unable to get through the knothole.

Did you use the spot identified in the video in my signature? (View in desktop mode if on a mobile device to see signature).

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever....聽568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

15 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

Time for a diet?

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

12 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Did you use the spot identified in the video in my signature? (View in desktop mode if on a mobile device to see signature).

I've popped through many times, usually on a first try. But if it's just my waistline... I will go try again.

To be honest, though, I don't remember palm fronds blocking many of the good angles. It feels as if something's changed.

• Like 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:聽 GABS Bindfile聽 路聽 WindowScaler聽 路聽 Teleport Guide聽 路聽 and City of Zeroes聽 all at聽 www.Shenanigunner.com

10 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

We did it two weeks ago, so very unlikely and also... why would they?

I did it fairly recently as well, and as noted, "it seems like something has changed." Maybe just me. But I could see a need to keep active zone elements in a smaller area, with undefined doooom! situations for poking around out in the visuals. Dunno. Still have to find time to try again today.

I checked this last night and was still able to get through.

I found that angle of approach is very important, if you follow along the ceiling to get to the spot then it's not passable, if you come at it from the floor and move up the wall, you'll see the opening. I think there may be a barrier partial obstructing access near the ceiling.

Edited by Oubliette_Red

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.聽 Got a punny character? You should share it.

Wow. I have no idea what's wrong. First, I was using a TP macro, so I switched to manually clicking the TP power, which gave me the teleport target. I have tried two alts again, positioning every possible way (the second is a flier, as well), and if I get the TP target to the outside, I see just brief flashes of white before it turns red. And I think those are 'phantom' changes from going inside to out and not catching up; all the pointing I can do within the hole shows a red target.

I have gone through that knothole dozens of times, rarely needing two shots to get out. I have no idea what's going on except that (like some base editing operations) the game just doesn't like my 5K. I will shift everything to the smaller monitor and try again, later today.

Waaaahhhh! I wanna go outside and play!

Edited by Shenanigunner
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

You got your knothole plugged at the tiki bar?

Pocket D, Excelsior, high noon. I am going to /e slap you silly.

• Haha 1
  • Moose 2
  • Banjo 1

48 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

Pocket D, Excelsior, high noon. I am going to /e slap you silly.

Respc'd my character on Excelsior to get Translocation and verified that it's accessible.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.聽 Got a punny character? You should share it.

1 hour ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Respc'd my character on Excelsior to get Translocation and verified that it's accessible.

Thanks for that and the details in DM. As noted there, I can put the TP target through the hole from several different viewpoints, and light up all kinds of stuff out there... but the target never goes white. I can't imagine WTH is going on.

15 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

Thanks for that and the details in DM. As noted there, I can put the TP target through the hole from several different viewpoints, and light up all kinds of stuff out there... but the target never goes white. I can't imagine WTH is going on.

No idea other than PoV from your camera to the target is occluded somehow, but then I'd expect it to no show up on the other side then either.

Oh, for Flying Frack's Sake.

Um. Wrong, um. knothole. At some point the hard-learned memory that it's the LITTLE gap to the right of the doors, and not the larger one to the left of the doors, leaked out of my brain.

Neeeeever mind. (Thx for all the help..)

• Like 1