Solo Power Leveling?

So I haven’t played since before going rogue came out so there are all kinds of new powers classes mechanics etc I want to mess around with. 

So I’m looking for the go to way to lvl up quick solo after so much content has come out. From grinding zones or the best missions I should try to be finding as I’ve gotten about 3 toons to lvl 12 before I get impatient and want to see new powers. 

I knew a million and one ways to PL other people but I always had a high lvl toon to repay the favor for someone helping me PL an alt. 

Any suggestions on getting my first to end game content quickly in a mostly (if not entirely) solo fashion?

12 minutes ago, Cpt. Caveat said:

So I haven’t played since before going rogue came out so there are all kinds of new powers classes mechanics etc I want to mess around with. 

So I’m looking for the go to way to lvl up quick solo after so much content has come out. From grinding zones or the best missions I should try to be finding as I’ve gotten about 3 toons to lvl 12 before I get impatient and want to see new powers. 

I knew a million and one ways to PL other people but I always had a high lvl toon to repay the favor for someone helping me PL an alt. 

Any suggestions on getting my first to end game content quickly in a mostly (if not entirely) solo fashion?

Great Hitchhiker's cover for your avatar! You might also want to create a beta account - that way you can type /levelup 50 and try out any combination of any AT powersets, get any enhancement and incarnate power for free, and try out what you think works to your playstyle, before investing countless hours and inf doing so.

• Thumbs Up 3

classic non-AE/non-farmie guide ('leveling quickly' is not super accurate for the new version of the game. still good info)

also helpful

From zero to level 35/40 (suggestions, not definitive)

Hide contents
  • Death from Below (DFB) 3-4 times (to get the +acc,+dmg,+rec, and/or +def hydra enhancers (good to level 22))
  • Drowning in Blood (DiB) 2-3 times (to get the +tohit,+dmg,+rec, and/or +def shivan enhancers (good to level 30))
  • Positron 1

Important - If you hate the character or powers at this point, re-roll. Don't waste time on one you don't love.

• Positron 2
  • Exploration badges when not doing the above
  • AE badge mission
  • Safegaurd missions (badges)
  • Misc TFs as teams form (Synapse Task Force, Katie Hannon, etc)
  • Finish up some accolades

That typically can get to 35-40 with more than enough to buy IO enhancements. (I just do SOs until IOs provide high values)

Note: this skips a lot of content and story arcs which can result in losing out on 300+ reward merits. If you've got lots of funds on other characters it's not a super big deal. if someone is new, that's a hit.

After 35/40 there is tons of content.

Hide contents

Plus:

• Ouroboros
  • Rikti War Zone
  • Cimerora content
  • Patrons
  • Hamidon

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Also, if you want to just level up your own fire farmer, I believe this is still relevant:

• Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

3 hours ago, Lunar Ronin said:

Make a second account, make a farmer on said account, get it decked out, and then PL characters on your main account to your heart's content.  See this thread for more.

I should have thought about this. CoH was prob the only game I didn’t run two accounts on. Thanks

Edited by Cpt. Caveat
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I'll just say I made an alt on Indomitable, loaded up my second farming account, grabbed the 2XP booster for my alt from the P2W vendor, and leveled from 1 to 21 in 14 minutes. 

It's fast. 

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

People mentioned the xp boosters from the P2W vendor.

When you change your difficulty, increase size of mob over level of mob.  You'll level quicker at +1/x8 than you will at +3/x3.  Somewhere in the wiki there is probably a formula for it.

Don't sleep on patrol xp.  When you stay logged off for awhile and aren't earning a different day job badge, you will get up to 10 bars of patrol xp, which is colored light blue on your progress bar.  When that is in effect, you earn experience (I think it's) 50% more quickly, and it does stack with the xp boosters, although I don't know if that is additively or multiplicatively.  It is significantly faster.

Patrol xp seems like a niche case, but there is a temporary power called Experienced which grants 5 bars of patrol xp per use.  The devs periodically give that power out to players who log in during a specific time frame.  More relevantly, you can get this power as a drop from opening Hero/Villain/Rogue/Vigilante packs and Winter Packs. According to Bopper, you can expect to get one to drop for about every four packs you open.  Alternatively, you can open thousands of packs and let them build up.

image.png.c2ec303ddd5e27f5f6c20745ae43822f.png

Interestingly, this power works on veteran levels, so if you are looking to fast track your incarnate status through the use of empyrian merits earned through leveling, this is a great power to use.  Match it up with the Windfall power (also a pack drop) for added goodies.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

28 minutes ago, Cpt. Caveat said:

Wait some servers offer an XP bonus? And I’ve seen stuff about the winter packs. Is that like a seasonal event thing?  I do remember chasing around seasonal bosses roaming the zones back in the day

Yes: 

And sorta, to your other question. Winter Packs are available year round through the auction house.