Quick Levelling Guide?

Nealix66

I couldn't find anything but my search-fu is admittedly weak.  I am currently level 21 and so far it sounds like levels 1-15 is DFB or the AE Tunnel mission.  After that 15-25? is DiB and Yin?  What comes after those?  Finally back in game after 7 years and want my first level 50!

• Like 1

googling "COH leveling guide" returned many options. I'll find & post a link to a decent one.

classic non-AE/non-farmie guide ('leveling quickly' is not super accurate for the new version of the game. still good info)

also helpful

From zero to level 35/40 (suggestions, not definitive)

Spoiler
  • Death from Below (DFB) 3-4 times (to get the +acc,+dmg,+rec, and/or +def hydra enhancers (good to level 22))
  • Drowning in Blood (DiB) 2-3 times (to get the +tohit,+dmg,+rec, and/or +def shivan enhancers (good to level 30))
  • Positron 1

Important - If you hate the character or powers at this point, re-roll. Don't waste time on one you don't love.

• Positron 2
  • Exploration badges when not doing the above
  • AE badge mission
  • Safegaurd missions (badges)
  • Misc TFs as teams form (Synapse Task Force, Katie Hannon, etc)
  • Finish up some accolades

That typically can get to 35-40 with more than enough to buy IO enhancements. (I just do SOs until IOs provide high values)

Note: this skips a lot of content and story arcs which can result in losing out on 300+ reward merits. If you've got lots of funds on other characters it's not a super big deal. if someone is new, that's a hit.

After 35/40 there is tons of content.

Spoiler

Plus:

• Ouroboros
  • Rikti War Zone
  • Cimerora content
  • Patrons
  • Hamidon

Level 50 used to take players somewhere between 100 and 250 hours of play. It has greatly decreased. Definitely use xp boosts from the P2W vendor.

200+/- hours sounds like a long haul but there is so much content and interesting players along the way. There were really only a handful of levels that would feel like a grind. It was a little different then - we didn't have travel powers until level 14, had to unlock capes, auras & costume slots, earn re-specifications (to revamp your entire build from scratch) and walk uphill both ways in chest high snow..

Edited by Troo
  • Thanks 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

54 minutes ago, Nealix66 said:

I couldn't find anything but my search-fu is admittedly weak.  I am currently level 21 and so far it sounds like levels 1-15 is DFB or the AE Tunnel mission.  After that 15-25? is DiB and Yin?  What comes after those?  Finally back in game after 7 years and want my first level 50!

A lot depends upon what you consider "quick";  You can certainly level to 22 using the AE tunnel missions, accumulate enough inf to fully kit yourself out with level 25 IOs at level 22, then start soloing missions with their difficulty/team size cranked up from there on out...

Edited by biostem

Blueside Critical Path

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/3184-blueside-critical-path/

Incredibly Useful Contacts/Mission Arcs You Won't Want to Miss

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/1328-incredibly-useful-contactsmission-arcs-you-wont-want-to-miss/

Unlockable Contacts

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Unlockable_Contacts

Unlockable Stores

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Stores#Unlockable_Stores

I wish Almafeta had also made a Villain version of "Blueside Critical Path", a Redside Critical Path; and a Goldside Critical Path as well.

• Like 1