Where Are the Rikti?

I used to play a long time ago, and have recently started playing Homecoming. I've been in a few zones now during a Rikti invasion, but after the drop ships fly over, the invasion just ends. Aren't the Rikti supposed to start teleporting in? I've been looking forward to fighting them, but so far, I've seen the drop ships on at least three or four occasions, and not a single Rikti portal has opened.

There is usually a central spot where groups gather to fight the spawns, which tend to only spawn in groups of players. in PI, for example, people tend to gather in the Portal Corp parking lot. In Talos, it's on the hill near the tram.

• Like 1

Was working fine the other night on Everlasting. Which server are you on?

Though you shouldn't have to go to a central point. Go anywhere that isn't sheltered (IE, not under a building eave, overpass, etc.) and they should start teleporting right by you. Sometimes slowly, but they'll do it.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I'd not move around when I've decided on a location.  Sitting in one spot is your best bet.  Personally though I've no idea if it matters I'd turn off any stealth just in case (though Drones normally ignore it anyway.  And stay away from any police drones.  I've done some busy raids on both Indomitable and Everlasting last couple nights including getting the accolade last night in PI's portal corp in the parking lot.  Both of those were advertised in chat as well.

Edit:  not as sure about a gather point in KR but I'd hazard a guess as near Blue Steel.  The large street heading away from Blue Steel or maybe parking lot/ open area on the opposite side from WW. Though again keep your distance from police drones and watch chat.

Edited by Doomguide2005

Your character has to be at least level 25 for Rikti or Zombies to port in and focus on you.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

1 hour ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Your character has to be at least level 25 for Rikti or Zombies to port in and focus on you.

It's a shame, because I remember the many deaths of newbies in Atlas Park at the hands of the "invasion of the month". 

Those were the days my friends, we thought they would never end. 

• Banjo 1

After the invasion starts, there's a bomb phase before the Rikti start spawning. The ships drop the bombs along flight paths in each zone (marked in green if you have the Vidiot Maps patch). You need to locate and destroy the bombs. If you're not near the flight path, it may seem like nothing is happening.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Rikti_World_Invasion

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Rikti_Invasion_Mechanics

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller