Carnie costume - How close can I get, using aether particles, etc

I have a new dominator who combines illusions, dark magic, and fire. Those are three things that are covered well by master illusionists, dark mistresses, and seneschals. Since illusion is her primary a master illusionist costume would be pretty much perfect, especially because master illusionist phants would be really cool to be putting onto the battlefield. If something close to that can't be done then a dark mistress costume would be fine instead. 

Not sure how close I can come with a costume to either of these. Don't know much about aether particles, either. Looking for guidance from those who are particularly knowledgeable and experienced with the finer details of costume creation for a bit of help.

Thank you in advance for any insights provided.

I think you could get pretty far with just the Carnival of Light options in the costume creator. Combine with the Gunslinger and perhaps Barbarian options and I think you can get very close to what you want without using Aether Particles.

Here's a quick mock up.

image.png.58de78d197e4b3f6a219e84b0493a8cd.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FFFF said:

I think you could get pretty far with just the Carnival of Light options in the costume creator. Combine with the Gunslinger and perhaps Barbarian options and I think you can get very close to what you want without using Aether Particles.

Here's a quick mock up.

image.png.58de78d197e4b3f6a219e84b0493a8cd.png

This seems good enough. And, being a real costume it should function just fine. 

Thank you for taking the time to put it together.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EnjoyTheJourney said:

I have a new dominator who combines illusions, dark magic, and fire. Those are three things that are covered well by master illusionists, dark mistresses, and seneschals. Since illusion is her primary a master illusionist costume would be pretty much perfect, especially because master illusionist phants would be really cool to be putting onto the battlefield. If something close to that can't be done then a dark mistress costume would be fine instead. 

Not sure how close I can come with a costume to either of these. Don't know much about aether particles, either. Looking for guidance from those who are particularly knowledgeable and experienced with the finer details of costume creation for a bit of help.

Thank you in advance for any insights provided.

You will not be able to do a Master Illusionist, unfortunately.  Even with Aether Particles (at least at this point in time).  MAster Illusionists don't have legs, they are "hidden by the cylinder graphic that is supposed to be their dress and essentially "hover."  This probably is not replicable for player characters in the costume editor - and currently not available with Aether Particles as noted in above post (and not be possible at all even in future due to game limitations - but I leave to more knowledgeable people to state for a fact).  

You can get an exact replica of a Ring Mistress using Aether Particles, or you can use any of the Carnival costume pieces in the creator to create something similar on your own, but you will not get an exact replica - mostly because of not have the 2 poles with rings for a backpack.  There is the "Celestial" backpack, but it doesn't look quite right, imo.  

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, EnjoyTheJourney said:

Since illusion is her primary a master illusionist costume would be pretty much perfect

You can't replicate the illusionist dress/gown.  You can get a nearly perfect juggler/fencer costume, though.  That being said, (and I don't mean this to sound critical of your idea), but the Carnie parts are kind of overused, IMHO.  Still, if it fits your concept, and it brings you joy, then go for it!

• Thanks 1

I remember someone asked about a Carnival costume some time ago, before Aether Particle stuff.  I still have the example I made.  It's not a 1 for 1 but it's a pretty good look for a Ring Mistress at least.

53052086_RingMistress.thumb.JPG.b7f84a52963ae64981ded1eff994acc7.JPG

• Thanks 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.