Costume Request Thread!

QueenBethari

Do need help visualizing your character? Do you feel like you're in a creative rut? Do you just want to give up?

Don't worry!

Tell us what you're looking for, and we'll whip a costume up in a jiffy!

Satisfaction guaranteed.

P.S. Everyone's free to pitch in. The more suggestions, the better!

P.P.S. If you can, please add a reference photo. It helps us out a ton. (Leave it to me to get things totally wrong 🙄)

Edited by QueenBethari
Added P.P.S.
  • Like 5

30 minutes ago, QueenBethari said:

Do need help visualizing your character? Do you feel like you're in a creative rut? Do you just want to give up?

Don't worry!

Tell us what you're looking for, and we'll whip a costume up in a jiffy!

Satisfaction guaranteed.

P.S. Everyone's free to pitch in. The more suggestions, the better!

Nice!  So I have a character, (archery/tactical arrow blaster), that I'm really liking.  She's a former member of the Malta Operatives.  I have about 5 costumes for her already, and they all follow the general theme of starting off in full Malta-inspired military gear, and slowly moving toward more civilian-styled clothes, (so first costume has the helmet, goggles, a breather mask, flak jacket, etc, 2nd drops the helmet and flak jacket, etc).  She uses a jetpack, (the more compact one with "wings" that fold up when not flying), so I want keep that, and she obviously uses a bow.  I'd love to see some other folks' interpretations!  I'm not at my computer ATM, but I'll try to post some screenshots if I can, for reference...

Edit:  Here are a few screenshots, from most armored to most casual:

hit 'n run 2.PNG

hit 'n run 3.PNG

hit 'n run 1.PNG

Edited by biostem
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, biostem said:

Nice!  So I have a character, (archery/tactical arrow blaster), that I'm really liking.  She's a former member of the Malta Operatives.  I have about 5 costumes for her already, and they all follow the general theme of starting off in full Malta-inspired military gear, and slowly moving toward more civilian-styled clothes, (so first costume has the helmet, goggles, a breather mask, flak jacket, etc, 2nd drops the helmet and flak jacket, etc).  She uses a jetpack, (the more compact one with "wings" that fold up when not flying), so I want keep that, and she obviously uses a bow.  I'd love to see some other folks' interpretations!  I'm not at my computer ATM, but I'll try to post some screenshots if I can, for reference...

Cool! I don't really know what your character looks like, but I kinda imagined Lara Croft, but in the Army. Here's a casual look that she might wear to the supermarket!

Biostem1.thumb.PNG.938b454c178c1163b232ff759d8ebfb4.PNG 

What's the logo for the Malta Operatives? I'm not sure, so I went for a glowing green fingerprint. To quote the official City of Heroes website:

"Rarely seen, those who know of them detect their fingerprints staining the headlines with frightening regularity. Young heroes may never encounter these forces directly, but paranoid government analysts and conspiracy experts believe the Malta Group’s machinations are ubiquitous."

Biostem2.PNG.bdbfdb4718fce653f1a6cd4907b2f0e0.PNG Biostem3.PNG.f00582fce2be5c5c76d0abef8eb8ea23.PNG

Center: Pictured with compound bow with laser sight

Bottom: It was listed as a jet pack. I'm taking the game's word for it!

Thanks so much for the request! I don't usually make military characters, so it was lots of fun!

Last but not least, here's the costume file!

Biostem1.costume

Edited by QueenBethari
formatting
  • Thanks 1

QueenBethari, since she's no longer with Malta, I just use one of the star logos, (you can kinda see it in my screenshots).  Those are great, though!  Thank you so much!

Update:  Here is a costume that is both a bit more armored while also being a little more risque, as well as a shot of the back:

945980454_hitnrun4.PNG.8edfbf02e414272d8e94bd68d264a0ad.PNG339132513_hitnrun4b.PNG.5ad2052d03cd3f0cc075e81460a83fd9.PNG

Edited by biostem
  • Like 2

Ooh!  I like that shirt!  Those jeans look great, too!  May be a nice "off duty" outfit!  Thanks!

Question:  Can you put the rocket boots on with those jeans?  Oh, and I'm using the cupid bow atm.  Still, really really nice!

Update:  Here is a "QueenBethari inspired" costume I came up with.  I feel this character would stay a bit more tactical, even while off duty:

hit 'n run 5.PNG

hit 'n run 5b.PNG

Edited by biostem
  • Like 1

OK I'll bite.

My Plant/Storm controller is named "I am Root". get the idea?

I'm pretty OK with what I did below (mostly based on the "organic armor" set), but I don't like the glossy texture of the main body. I can't seem to figure out a better way, so if anyone has a disruptive idea, I'm all ears.

image.thumb.png.6ed58146f2e3fc88ac55ec904c8ab6d8.png

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Papaschtroumpf said:

OK I'll bite.

My Plant/Storm controller is named "I am Root". get the idea?

I'm pretty OK with what I did below (mostly based on the "organic armor" set), but I don't like the glossy texture of the main body. I can't seem to figure out a better way, so if anyone has a disruptive idea, I'm all ears.

Very nice!  Here's my take on "I am Root":

i am root 1.png

i am root.costume

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Papaschtroumpf said:

thanks to your inspiration I ended up with a more refined version of my original, by picking some of the elements I like from yours. thanks!

Still wish the main body wasn't shiny under certain lighting conditions, as shown below.

I totally get it! It's so hard to get a woody texture if everything's shiny. I feel the same way about the shadows on the pencil skirts.

Spoiler

1161919027_PlagueofBlood3.PNG.2f8c27e1465ce67e27b536455d42dab9.PNG

Why does it have to cling there? It isn't even that tight!

I'm so glad @biostem could help you out. Your character looks good.

I really need help
Back during the original game just as City of villains was released a few of us made an SG called Cylon Invasion force, but alas I can not remember the costume pieces we had

We based them on the Original Battlestar Galactica 1978 TV series.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Soldier-7 said:

I really need help
Back during the original game just as City of villains was released a few of us made an SG called Cylon Invasion force, but alas I can not remember the costume pieces we had

We based them on the Original Battlestar Galactica 1978 TV series.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know if this is what you were looking for, but I hope it's close.

Battlestar.PNG.41f0bd056fccabcb0f069d920a79b8ad.PNG

Battlestar.costume

• Like 3

not my costume request, so you should wait to hear from the original requester, but I knolw that's where my mind went when I read the request, and I went "there is a visor accessory, and respirator filter thingy that might be a good starting point, I wonder if eye aura could somwhate approximate the light scanning back on forth in the original visor".

39 minutes ago, Papaschtroumpf said:

not my costume request, so you should wait to hear from the original requester, but I know that's where my mind went when I read the request, and I went "there is a visor accessory, and respirator filter thingy that might be a good starting point, I wonder if eye aura could somewhat approximate the light scanning back on forth in the original visor".

Gotcha.

@Soldier-7Here's a (rough) Cylon Centurion costume, just in case:

Cylon.PNG.7eacfa1c53fc0406036725643cdc9b8c.PNG

You might not be able to tell here, but this costume uses one of the Fire and Ice faces. The visor should glow and fade in and out.

Cylon.costume

Edited by QueenBethari
Tagged the person who requested the costume.

On 9/16/2019 at 2:37 PM, QueenBethari said:

I totally get it! It's so hard to get a woody texture if everything's shiny. I feel the same way about the shadows on the pencil skirts.

Hide contents

1161919027_PlagueofBlood3.PNG.2f8c27e1465ce67e27b536455d42dab9.PNG

Why does it have to cling there? It isn't even that tight!

I'm so glad @biostem could help you out. Your character looks good.

Referrin to yer secreted words, why cling there? Why fer the purposes of displayin booty of course! YARRRRR! 07K1tHnz_o.png

Also if'n I be readin that scalleyway true he do in fact be seekin them thar metal maneekins!

Script that be followin teh post: Starbuck be forever a dude, OG Battlestar be thee only

Battlestar an' any landlubber that be dissagreein wit me'll be walkin da plank!

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Haha 4

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

Love the idea of this thread! 😀

I could definitely use some help designing a costume for my next alt.  I'm planning on rolling him as a Street Justice scrapper.  Secondary will either be SR or NIN.   He is a brilliant design engineer in "real life", so I'm thinking tech-based body armor suit of some kind.  In my head I picture him as having a Space Ghost-ish type mask/cowland body armor along the lines of the Nolan/Bale Batman - something along these lines.  I was trying different variations to try and get a trio of darker tones (black/grey/dark blue or dark red) mixed together but couldn't get one that I liked.  Haven't decided if he will have a cape or not yet. 

Perhaps one of you talented folk can help design something?  Appreciate any help!  Thanks 😀

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

On 9/20/2019 at 4:22 PM, ShardWarrior said:

Love the idea of this thread! 😀

I could definitely use some help designing a costume for my next alt.  I'm planning on rolling him as a Street Justice scrapper.  Secondary will either be SR or NIN.   He is a brilliant design engineer in "real life", so I'm thinking tech-based body armor suit of some kind.  In my head I picture him as having a Space Ghost-ish type mask/cowland body armor along the lines of the Nolan/Bale Batman - something along these lines.  I was trying different variations to try and get a trio of darker tones (black/grey/dark blue or dark red) mixed together but couldn't get one that I liked.  Haven't decided if he will have a cape or not yet. 

Perhaps one of you talented folk can help design something?  Appreciate any help!  Thanks 😀

My screenshot-taking abilities have failed me so one image is dull and the other is washed out. 😕

kEKfS4B.jpg

Attached the costume file so you can get a better look.

ShardWarrior.costume

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.