So you wanna Widow like a demon

Since my fav is a stalker, I was excited to get to play as sort of a ranged stalker.

I was looking for tough as nails and able to put out serious damage... and BINGO!  image.png.43568aeb7218cc03706f0716bc464292.png

There are a ton of options to dial in a widow.

You might even end up looking at stats like these before team buffs (while hidden)image.png.795c50990c678745ecf512df43053ad3.png

Definitely check out @Bopper's topic:

I am not a huge 'my build is amazeballs' forumite (i'm not judging), this as merely an example character which I like playing.

Here's a peek at how image.png.795c50990c678745ecf512df43053ad3.png is arrived at:

image.thumb.png.5622f66638ddcf22cfd50294f879549c.png

without Mind Link defense dips down for about 10s, I'm okay with it:  image.png.4d507c915ff4c317e54bd7083137d2e4.png    image.png.9f874d3608b90325b3c714313d7e2903.png

Edited by Troo
  • Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I was faffing around with a ranged Fortunata and got it to 45% without Mind Link (fie to long animations). The Mids numbers seemed pretty low though, we're talking mid 200s per attacks.

Considering I see people talking of their Fortunatas doing close to 600 DPS it tells me either I'm missing something or that trying to Sentinata is not the way to go. I think the second.

8 hours ago, Sovera said:

I was faffing around with a ranged Fortunata and got it to 45% without Mind Link (fie to long animations). The Mids numbers seemed pretty low though, we're talking mid 200s per attacks.

Considering I see people talking of their Fortunatas doing close to 600 DPS it tells me either I'm missing something or that trying to Sentinata is not the way to go. I think the second.

Check out Boppers thread. It may unlock some secrets. I'm just saying Widows can do a lot more than some might think.

Below doesn't hurt the attack chain when it crits.. sure it is a lot of lethal but still more than 200.

image.png.63e0797e3f655df2f18f13c4b6c673f5.png

@Koopak and @KaizenSoze also have some good info/tips

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

13 hours ago, Sovera said:

The Mink Link animation is shorter in page 7. You get use to it after while, even the current form. It's a nice team buff, players focus on the defense, but it is also has 30% Psi resists and 10% toHit base.

Not sure where the 600 DPS comes from, but there have been some crazy good Trapdoor times.

Edited by KaizenSoze
  • Thumbs Up 1

Notes about the delta between page 7 Night Widows and Fortunatas.

Night Widow *now* can out DPS Forts in ST Pylon tests. This was not true before page 7, which was sad.

Forts will out damage Night Widows in terms of speed and total damage due to Psychic Wail and the ability to stop runners with controls.

Night Widows are significantly more durable than Forts. Even more so with page 7.  I mean I solo'ed the ITF at 4x8 in melee w/o dying. A Fort would have a massively harder time doing that.

• Thanks 2

I'm fairly sure I can get current NW to out do fort. I have no major ideas how to improve my fort's dps, but a few for NW. That said, the coming patch gives NWs atleast a 10% dps buff.

As for the 600 dps comment, I've never seen a number much over 530 which is where mine are currently.

I can confirm though, if you try to go ranged dps for fort, you should be prepared to be unimpressed. It'll be better after the patch but not by much. Dominate is the only ranged power that meaningfully competes with the claw attacks. Scramble thoughts will after the patch, but that's really it. Ranged attacks do less damage by design

Edited by Koopak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1