DM Scrapper help please

Chilltime

Hello everyone;

Sorry for the trouble but I am new here haven't played the game in a long time and haven't played a scrapper since live I was wanting to do a DM build but I'm not sure what to pair with it anyone have some suggestions was thinking maybe DM / SS. I'm going to be mainly solo as i have very broken hours of play time.

any and all advice will be much appreciated thank you in advance!

4 hours ago, C U R S E said:

DM will pair nicely with anything, but the to hit debuff screams a defensive set. Such would be SR, Nin, Energy, etc., but it would be up to you. Oh and my all time favorite is Shield defense.

+1. I believe DM/Shield was one of the original “do it all” Scrappers. Just so synergistic.

20 hours ago, C U R S E said:

but the to hit debuff screams a defensive set

I see people saying this a lot, but isn't the extra -tohit redundant with a defensive set since it's so easy to softcap? I would think it would be better on a resist set since it allows you to squeeze out more effective defense.

20 hours ago, nzer said:

I see people saying this a lot, but isn't the extra -tohit redundant with a defensive set since it's so easy to softcap? I would think it would be better on a resist set since it allows you to squeeze out more effective defense.

I don't know about everyone else but I look at siphon life more than the -tohit when I consider synergies between DM and a defense secondary like shield or SR.

Edited by Nemu
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

The -defense on a late game SR (owing to DDR) isn't likely to help much but might open some proc options and as mentioned useful while leveling or running exemplar to buff the effective defense a bit more towards caps.  One thing many would consider a mistake is not slotting Siphon Life for damage something I have seen on several occasions on builds posted for getting help.

DM provides a solid heal, it's best synergy is on a set that has a high effective health to make the most use of it. Additionally you want a taunt aura bad for soul drain.

Thus my number one suggestion is invulnerability. The -to-hit is nice but overhyped as hitting defense cap, especially in teams, is easy enough.

Edited by Koopak
  • Like 1

DM/Inv is a classic combo. Softcapped defenses, high resists, capped HP, and DM to help with frequent heals and -ToHit.

For my build I have perma hasten, perma dull pain, and near enough perma soul drain. They really compliment each other well, and you can build quite the unstoppable powerhouse.

Former Paragon Studios QA - Redname Fireman

Current and always Scrapper enthusiast

4 minutes ago, cronus said:

Summoning @Snarky

I have built Dark Invul on Brutes, Tanks, a Sentinel, but never a Scrapper.  I would suggest using Hyperstrikes blank Invul template that allows you to insert your powerset.  He has them laying around for each archetype.  And honestly all my invul builds are ripoffs of Hyperstrike

On 2/14/2024 at 9:21 PM, Doomguide2005 said:

The -defense on a late game SR (owing to DDR) isn't likely to help much but might open some proc options and as mentioned useful while leveling or running exemplar to buff the effective defense a bit more towards caps.  One thing many would consider a mistake is not slotting Siphon Life for damage something I have seen on several occasions on builds posted for getting help.

I five slot mine with Heathcomb at 50 and add a healing HO for the 6th slot

• Thumbs Up 1

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

55 minutes ago, hejtmane said:

I five slot mine with Heathcomb at 50 and add a healing HO for the 6th slot

I would be doing something similar.  Depending on how strongly you needed or wanted the set bonuses from Hecatomb you could likely red line the damage in 3 slots then use Golgi or a similar 3 slots of a heal set to essentially max both damage, heal and recharge iirc (it's been a while since Live when I ran this pairing as a Brute on Live)

7 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

I would be doing something similar.  Depending on how strongly you needed or wanted the set bonuses from Hecatomb you could likely red line the damage in 3 slots then use Golgi or a similar 3 slots of a heal set to essentially max both damage, heal and recharge iirc (it's been a while since Live when I ran this pairing as a Brute on Live)

I want the 10% recharge

• Thumbs Up 1

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

On 2/6/2024 at 9:52 AM, Chilltime said:

Hello everyone;

Sorry for the trouble but I am new here haven't played the game in a long time and haven't played a scrapper since live I was wanting to do a DM build but I'm not sure what to pair with it anyone have some suggestions was thinking maybe DM / SS. I'm going to be mainly solo as i have very broken hours of play time.

any and all advice will be much appreciated thank you in advance!

100% pair it with an armor that has a taunt aura or they're going to be running all over the place. I had to abandon my dm/ice scrap cause of this (why CE still doesn't have taunt like it should is also super annoying on scrappers)

dm/shield is pretty classically great all around. Taunt aura, self heal with shield, and extra aoe attack to help DM.