[OPEN BETA] Patch Notes for March 3rd, 2024

• Developer

User Interface

• Fix some lingering issues with the options window:
    • Fix changes being lost when zoning quickly after changing options.
    • Options that have serverside effects (like Disable XP or Team Mission Completion) always send immediately when they are changed rather than being batched.
    • Slash commands that change options always send immediately rather than being batched.
  • Fix an issue with character creation where certain options could "bleed over" from the last character that was logged in rather than being set to their defaults. This does not affect overrides from the saved options.txt file -- those are always applied after the defaults are reset.
  • Adjust the tooltip delay slider to show the actual number of milliseconds rather than an ambiguous percentage.
  • Fix consignment house UI to not revert back to showing "No History" if the server sends an empty history response after it has already sent the item history. Make it a bit more aggressive about requesting updates.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Fix an issue with character creation where certain options could "bleed over" from the last character that was logged in rather than being set to their defaults. This does not affect overrides from the saved options.txt file -- those are always applied after the defaults are reset.

Question on this: one place I've actually used this sort of "bleed over" factor is that, while in the character creator, selecting an saved costume, and then returning to the creator without loading said costume, and checking the body sliders, causes those sliders to be copied over.  This is really handy when trying to make or edit multiple costumes for the same character.  Will these changes also prevent similar "bleed" such as what I've been utilizing?  If so, is there any way that, perhaps, sliders can get numeric values or the like added in the creator, so it's easier to ensure they match across multiple costumes?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Curator said:

User Interface

• Adjust the tooltip delay slider to show the actual number of milliseconds rather than an ambiguous percentage.

There are a lot of sliders all over the UI where we:

• Don't know what the value is that is being set (like the body sliders in the Character creation screens, example the height of the toon, etc.).
  • Can't easily fine-adjust those sliders (the amount of time I've spent on Options window's tabs' sliders getting them to be a particular value, say 50, not 49, not 51).

Know it's UI work and it's a bit of a challenge retrofitting changes to that.  But improving these would be a massive QoL improvement.

• Like 3

• City Council
2 hours ago, Lunar Ronin said:

FWIW, the turnstile is either still broken or disabled on Brainstorm.

Pretty sure I know why, I think one of the other environments' turnstile servers connected to Brainstorm by mistake. I'll restart Brainstorm's and see if it helps.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Cobalt Arachne changed the title to [OPEN BETA] Patch Notes for March 3rd, 2024