RAIN OF FIRE

Can we please have ROF accept slow sets.

its quite annoying to use ROF and have the mobs run away.

OR

remove the fear component.

thx

• Thanks 1

Since RoF debuffs speed, I see no reason for it not to take slow enhancements/sets. Ice Storm has virtually identical stats and does accept them. 

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

They're not asking for slow to be added, just to make it enhanceable. The slow in Hot Feet is enhanceable.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

On 3/12/2024 at 7:16 AM, Uun said:

They're not asking for slow to be added, just to make it enhanceable. The slow in Hot Feet is enhanceable.

Hot Feet makes sense to slow because it's burning the targets feet which would make them hop around like some old b&w comedy scene except for we don't have that animation so it just slows them.  RoF comes from above and I can't imagine why it even has a slow.

14 minutes ago, TheMoneyMaker said:

Hot Feet makes sense to slow because it's burning the targets feet which would make them hop around like some old b&w comedy scene except for we don't have that animation so it just slows them.  RoF comes from above and I can't imagine why it even has a slow.

I mean to be fair the rain of fire is landing on the ground and that's where you know people walk right? its not a quick burst of heat either but a constant deluge of hot flames raining from above it makes sense to me that constant application of extreme heat in area would slow someone down.

thematically it makes sense the ground could be so hot the shoes melt and fuse to the ground and even flesh (yuck) and the heat is so hot in that area there would be so little oxygen that the brains thinking process would begin to become fuzzy thus slowing down reaction times even more.

Edited by Mystoc

3 minutes ago, Mystoc said:

I mean to be fair the rain of fire is landing on the ground and that's where you know people walk right? its not a quick burst of heat either but a constant deluge of hot flames raining from above it makes sense to me that constant application of extreme heat in area would slow someone down.

thematically it makes sense the ground could be so hot the shoes melt and fuse to the ground and even flesh (yuck) and the heat is so hot in that area there would be so little oxygen that the brains thinking process would begin to become fuzzy thus slowing down reaction times even more.

RoF heats the air.  Hot Feet heats the ground.  I think you're confusing the 2.  Sure the heat from each spark probably absorbs into the ground where it hits, but it's spotty compared to HF heating a solid patch.

I'm not against allowing the existing slow to be enhanceable.

I'm against removing the fear/avoid aspect of it. Blasters, corruptors, defenders all can take mace mastery for example and use web envelope as an AoE immobilize to keep mobs in rain of fire. By not taking a power that immobilizes the targets in rain of fire you're making a conscious decision to choose to let them be able to run out of it.

• Like 2

RoF heats the air.  Hot Feet heats the ground.  I think you're confusing the 2.  Sure the heat from each spark probably absorbs into the ground where it hits, but it's spotty compared to HF heating a solid patch.

your statement would be like saying normal rain doesn't make the ground cold and wet but just the air. I mean yeah depending on the floor surface hot flames would have different degrees of affect on the ground, but the devs are never going to code those what Ifs into the game. so it has to be slow or not slow no variables.

Edited by Mystoc

On 3/11/2024 at 4:00 PM, JayboH said:

Ice Storm does less damage as a result of having that control though

This.  Rain of Fire would need a nerf to damage to offset the change.  I prefer the higher damage, and if I need the slow I'd just use ice blast, or, pair with a set that offers aoe slow.  Or, you know, team with people.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

Just make a new power called “fire walker” and make it a bed of coals that can be laid down like other fire powers.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.