Mids Help Needed

Something I cannot figure out. Finally got Mids Reborn installed. I can open other people's builds and everything is fine, but I've tried twice now to build my own and both times the Resistances show -900+ for all. What am I doing wrong? Might be a bug... If I open someone's build and the file extension is .mxd then open one of mine after that one then mine will read fine. Mine are saving files as .mbd.

Edit: Fixed! Thanks to everyone's help. Rest was toggled on.

Edited by WuTang
Problem Resolved
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, WuTang said:

Something I cannot figure out. Finally got Mids Reborn installed. I can open other people's builds and everything is fine, but I've tried twice now to build my own and both times the Resistances show -9000+ for all. What am I doing wrong? Might be a bug... If I open someone's build and the file extension is .mxd then open one of mine after that one then mine will read fine. Mine are saving files as .mbd.

I ran into a similar issue earlier this year when I was looking at some old builds and I thought it was due to some internal data structure changes.  Trying to fix these old files, any modifications continued to display this resistance calculation bug. I ended up having to open a second copy of Mids and put them side by side, then rebuild enhancement by enhancement in order to see the actual values. 

I haven't had this issue trigger on new builds I've created. Mine are also in the .mbd format.

Edited by Sunsette
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sunsette said:

I ran into this issue earlier this year when I was looking at some old builds and I think it's due to some internal data structure changes. I ended up having to open a second copy of Mids and put them side by side, then rebuild enhancement by enhancement in order to see the actual values.

So I took someone's older build and modified it. That worked until I saved it.

2 minutes ago, WuTang said:

So I took someone's older build and modified it. That worked until I saved it.

Yeah, I think that's how it happened to me too, now you mention it. So probably going to have to do the side-by-side rebuild thing, unless someone here's figured out a way to sanitize things, sorry. (Data import/export with mids has been a little borky for a bit so I doubt it.)

Edited by Sunsette
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sunsette said:

Yeah, I think that's how it happened to me too, now you mention it. So probably going to have to do the side-by-side rebuild thing, unless someone here's figured out a way to sanitize things, sorry. (Data import/export with mids has been a little borky for a bit so I doubt it.)

Ok will do. Thanks and I'll let ya know how it goes.

• Like 1

Be sure something odd isn't turned on ... like Rest.

Edit:  To be clear I don't know it's Rest but Rest does have some extreme debuffs if a foes catches you in Rest.

Edit 2:  anytime i get some value that is way off from expected checking to be sure something isn't on (or off) is my first step.  Force Feedback, for example, when things get calculated i see throw folks often.  They think "wow, I have really good recharge"

Edited by Doomguide2005
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Be sure something odd isn't turned on ... like Rest.

Edit:  To be clear I don't know it's Rest but Rest does have some extreme debuffs if a foes catches you in Rest.

Edit 2:  anytime i get some value that is way off from expected checking to be sure something isn't on (or off) is my first step.  Force Feedback, for example, when things get calculated i see throw folks often.  They think "wow, I have really good recharge"

Boom! That was it! Thank you!

For future reference, there's also a setting in the options that toggles on PVP values for powers, which is another good place to look for the cause if the values suddenly look wrong.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

21 hours ago, WuTang said:

Thanks everyone!

While at it remember not to have Force Feedback proc toggled on since it will skew your recharge, and not have Build-up (with or without Gaussian) toggled on either because it will skew your idea of what accuracy you're at.

On top in the middle you'll see 'relative level of enemies'. If it's a leveling build you can set it to +1 to check your accuracy. If it's an end-game build then set it to +3 for the same purpose.

• Thanks 1