The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Adding Missing Heroes.

I think it’s time to introduce Thunder Clap or at least show he is a famous hero like War Witch Apex and Statesman. I mean after him working with them and all he would have a lot of fame and connections. I would imagine he continued working with them to this day. The perfect place to put him would be in Recluse’s Victory where Castle is.

Not sure why you moved Castle .he was good where he was at Portal Corp and that would lead to Incandescent being moved back to the war zone where she would have never left, do to she’s the head of the Herald division of Vanguard and is ultimately responsible for public relations as well as liaising with the United Nations. I think her job doing that is more important than training new heroes.

But anyway I believe Thunder Clap time to shine is now and also he could lead a task force dealing with an incarnate-level threat.

We also need the final two members of W.i.s.d.o.m. 

Rose Star & Spark Blade in which they too can lead taskforce or become trainers.

Spark_Blade.jpg

Rose_Star.jpg

20240311_172709~2.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

5 hours ago, Uun said:

Thunderclap is NOT a famous hero. He's a largely inconsequential hero that teamed up with War Witch and Apex in a pre-launch comic produced by Dark Horse (they were bailed out by Statesman). He never appeared in any of the 12 Blue King comics featuring War Witch and Apex.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Thunderclap

We never know if he could have teamed up with them again without us knowing. 

• Thumbs Down 2

Thunderclap isn't a famous hero. Nor is he referenced anywhere for anything. This thread is the first time I've ever heard of him.  And to the best of my knowledge, isn't a dev persona. So why should he get a TF or be a trainer? What about the other background heroes and villains we actually do encounter, why not them first?

• Thumbs Up 2

30 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Thunderclap isn't a famous hero. Nor is he referenced anywhere for anything. This thread is the first time I've ever heard of him.  And to the best of my knowledge, isn't a dev persona. So why should he get a TF or be a trainer? What about the other background heroes and villains we actually do encounter, why not them first?

I see you're here again to pester me as always but to answer your question he did work with statesman, war witch, and apex which gives him more of a spotlight than others.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

15 minutes ago, KingCeddd03 said:

I see you're here again to pester me as always but to answer your question he did work with statesman, war witch, and apex which gives him more of a spotlight than others.

The guy who worked as a janitor at Statesman's SG "worked with Statesman" too. Doesn't mean that he's famous. Do you know his name? Neither do I.

And before this thread I'd never heard of Thunderclap either. So no, he's not a famous hero. I don't care if his secret identity was Statesman's janitor.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Horus was kind of cool. I'd like an arc with Horus in it, and then also maybe Thunder Clap can be there too. Neither would probably get a big role though.

Also I like the idea of seeing more of Wisdom, even though they were really only some kind of geographical release bait.

Edited by Monos King
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Monos King said:

Horus was kind of cool. I'd like an arc with Horus in it, and then also maybe Thunder Clap can be there too. Neither would probably get a big role though.

Also I like the idea of seeing more of Wisdom, even though they were really only some kind of geographical release bait.

Isn't Horus dead?

33 minutes ago, KingCeddd03 said:

to answer your question he did work with statesman, war witch, and apex which gives him more of a spotlight than others.

So did almost all of my characters and several others. So did several detectives and other background characters. So why shouldn't they get their own TFs too then by that reasoning? If a character is a minor character, and in this case I would argue Thunderclap isn't even a minor character if he only showed up in the pre-launch comic as was stated earlier in this thread, then I don't see a reason to have them give out a TF.

Edit: For that matter, why would you launch a TF from a PvP zone?

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

Isn't Horus dead?

So did almost all of my characters and several others. So did several detectives and other background characters. So why shouldn't they get their own TFs too then by that reasoning? If a character is a minor character, and in this case I would argue Thunderclap isn't even a minor character if he only showed up in the pre-launch comic as was stated earlier in this thread, then I don't see a reason to have them give out a TF.

Edit: For that matter, why would you launch a TF from a PvP zone?

Noun of our characters have ever been in the city of heroes comic alongside  statesman, war witch, or apex so that's why

and there is no reason he can't be in two places at once like Ms. liberty 

32 minutes ago, A.I.D.A. said:

My point is that having the corpse of Statesman offering TFs would be pretty weird.

I believe the original mention of Statesman was to give him as an example of popular heroes, not to say he should be (re)added as an NPC.

EDIT: What Ceddd said ^^^

Edited by megaericzero
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, KingCeddd03 said:

Noun of our characters have ever been in the city of heroes comic alongside  statesman, war witch, or apex so that's why

Actually, there were several times cameos were offered to the community. So, yes, some of our characters *have* been in the COH comics alongside various members of the Freedom Phalanx.  Here's one of mine, along with several others. The rest of the Phalanx were indeed around a few panels back.

image.thumb.png.033f271ef583f4ac93cb60150e05cb31.pngimage.thumb.png.64e4218ef46203f9d34cccf8682e1fd9.png

(Edit: These are archived here. )

Edited by Greycat
Adding link to where that archive is for anyone interested.
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Still not particularly fond of certain segments of this community.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Actually, there were several times cameos were offered to the community. So, yes, some of our characters *have* been in the COH comics alongside various members of the Freedom Phalanx.  Here's one of mine, along with several others. The rest of the Phalanx were indeed around a few panels back.

image.thumb.png.033f271ef583f4ac93cb60150e05cb31.pngimage.thumb.png.64e4218ef46203f9d34cccf8682e1fd9.png

Oh didn't know that. That's cool

Can someone continue the comic so others can have their character in it?????

Edited by KingCeddd03

Perhaps as a free comic and not one for money. Plus it'd open up a forum fire unseen of.

Anyway, Castle deserved to be moved because he was a dev-insert and the dev ruined PVP. Or so I heard.
Incandescent works where she's at until vague future comes to pass.

• Like 1

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

Castle is lucky he gets to be anywhere at all.

Statesman's death storyline was ass, but the ultimate goal was to bring him back as Tyrant instead, so I'd rather leave that option open for homecoming to explore than bring back a hero we didn't see much just to stand there and do fuck all.

Still happy the old LRSF got added in so we can fight him. 🙂 

• Like 1

Others *have* done "comics" of their characters and others, so ... they're not "official," obviously, and HC couldn't do that (not owning the IP.) Nothing but time stopping you from doing your own, for tha tmatter.  (And COH stories have spun off elsewhere - Mercedes Lackey (of Valdemar fame, among others) based some stories off her COH SG, as I recall, and Paige Orwin had two books published (The Interminables and Immortal Architects) starring at least two characters she and a friend had in COH - just spinning them off into their own world. ) I'm sure there are others. (The key being they're *not* using COH, they're not set in Paragon, etc. there, so NC didn't care.)

In the official runs the chances were fairly few and far between (and, yeah, kind of had to be a hardcore forumite or really pay attention to know they were offered, as I recall,) and they could only fit so many in.  And yeah, unless NC gets a massive change of heart and just opens up the IP and gives rights to someone to do so (and they want to go through the expense,) there won't be another official comic.

Still not particularly fond of certain segments of this community.

4 hours ago, A.I.D.A. said:

My point is that having the corpse of Statesman offering TFs would be pretty weird.

I'm sure Dr Vahzilok will be able to get him looking great!  With the helmet on you'll hardly be able to tell there's anything wrong.

• Haha 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

• 4 months later
4 hours ago, KingCeddd03 said:

but really when are they going to add them? they have been missing for some time now

Never? They aren't exactly scrambling to put some random forum person's ideas into the game.

• Haha 1

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble