There is no system for finding new contacts as a villain nor a plotline

For a hero the system for getting new missions is simple and pleasant: you do quests and you get introduced to an expanding net of contacts. There is always someone to ask a mission from. As a villain there is no such thing. Referrals are rare or just broken, and it is anybody's guess where to find contacts other than by covering every inch of ground in seach of yellow circles over people's heads. For example, after Mercy I was shooed away to Port Oakes without any referral. I managed to find Mr. Bocor, but two missions into working for him I had him outlevelled, and there was nothing more. He introduced me to a contact, but that was only a broker, and I am not interested in robbing banks. Where is my expanding net here? Mission-giving NPC don't congregate in any particular places, go fish! I now hunt by hospitals and ferries for someone to please hire me. It is doubly disappointing that the plot line of working for Arachnos has fizzled out, or rather there was no such line. Arachnos rescued a number of "Destined Ones" from prison to raise them within the organization, gave them a few missions with promises for advancement, and then what? Dismissed them to freelancing? I know that characters from Arachnos appear from time to time in missions, but that doesn't amount to working for the organization nor being a part of Lord Recluse's master plan. Maybe that's because he HAS no master plan, and the whole faction is as empty as all the other villain groups.

Where the hell is anything resembling a plotline?

What am I doing around these islands?

Bumping around Pocket D?

Putting down mobs 10 levels below myself aggroed by my tanker?

Listening to the fucking Radio?

Edited by temnix

• temnix changed the title to There is no system for finding new contacts as a villain nor a plotline

Welcome to the Rogue Isles!  There is a system for finding new contacts, but it's one you're ignoring.  Your broker.  You run newspaper missions, then go to your broker for a mayhem mission.  After completing the mayhem mission, your broker will introduce you to a contact.  Rinse, repeat.  Newer red side contacts like Bane Spider Ruben don't need to be introduced via a broker, but most do.  Also, some red side contacts are unlockable via various badges or tip missions, although Homecoming has removed some of that.

Edited by Lunar Ronin

Also, if you look at the top of the screen where your mission displays, below that is a contacts tab, then click "Find Contact" and scroll through the list. This is not a complete list and will include Co-Op zone contacts as well as villian contacts but at least it gives you some options.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

30 minutes ago, temnix said:

He introduced me to a contact, but that was only a broker, and I am not interested in robbing banks.

The broker doesn't know you, doesn't know what you can do. A contact system is based on trust. A Broker is not going to send business your way without reason. Their reputation for being able to make the right connection is on the line.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Do broker missions,  rob bank,  get contact.  The rogue isles arent burger king,  you dont have it your way.  Villain contacts usually want to know that you can knock off a bank before they will work with you.

1 hour ago, temnix said:

Where the hell is anything resembling a plotline?

The plotline is based on the contacts you work with. (THough the overarching plotline is you are proving yourself to Arachnos as their Detined One as explained by Kalinda and Operative Kuzmin at the start, and by the Arachnos pilot and Jenkins in the Breakout tutorial.)

1 hour ago, temnix said:

What am I doing around these islands?

You're a villain. What is it you intend to do? Go do it.

1 hour ago, temnix said:

Bumping around Pocket D?

Hey, if you want to dance and socialize instead of gathering wealth, power, and prestige, that's fine. Everyone deserves to have fun.

1 hour ago, temnix said:

Putting down mobs 10 levels below myself aggroed by my tanker?

Either turn off your aura toggle or ignore them. It's not like they're ever going to actually hurt you. If you like smashing -10 mobs though? Go for it.

1 hour ago, temnix said:

Listening to the fucking Radio?

Radio Free Opportunity is a pretty good contact. It helps you gather a ruthless reputation if that is your preference. And if Radio bothers you? Wait until you meet TV.

As has already been said by others, there are various ways to get contacts red side. You can use the Find Contacts button on the Contacts window to be teleported to those contacts that have no prerequisites. You can run paper missions followed by the Mayhem to prove you are someone the broker is willing to talk to, and the broker will then introduce you to a contact. At certain levels, if you meet the prerequisites, contacts get added to you automatically via popup. You're a villain (or rogue) in the Rogue Isles. There is no central goal of protecting the city like there is blue side because the Rogue Isles are a proving ground to weed out the chaff from among the villains. So get out there and prove yourself so the contacts will talk to you.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not having a system and ignoring a system that is available to every villain are two different things.

Parent went grocery shopping.

<later that day, offspring opens fridge>
"There's nothing to eat in the house!"

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.