Fire Fire problem

Snarky

I rolled a fire fire blaster a few times over the years.  And I never truly understood how to play them.  My last was about a tear to year and a half ago.  It was good, but I wanted Dark.  I still want Dark.  Therein lies the problem.  Fire Fire, once you commit to it, is unparalleled for getting things done.  Huge crowds?  Got AoE for 2-3 spawns. Big HP bag?  Got heavy ST damage, oh, let me throw a FEW DoT patches down. If we have a Tank I may even stand next to it with my two Dam auras…. Every little bit counts.  It is insane how much raw damage this thing puts out. 

For Incarnate I went Alpha Musc 45%, reactive 75% for +dam, and Hybrid chance for 2nd strike for heavy damage rather than wait for a stack thing on the other side. It is ALL about making each hit clean as much away as possible. If I stealth in and Alpha Strike Nuke I do not want anyone left except a confused boss wondering where the help went. 

The damn thing is just so aggressive and functional.  I have it demon skinned right now.  Does not really fit any of my traditional plot go-to stereotypes. Keep thinking I should make a joke reference to Flambeaux. 

So there is my problem. And the more I run it the less I want to run anything else.  Maybe that will change. But each time I just clean a spawn while the Brute is preoccupied in another hallway?   Then just stomp forward deeper into the mission as my warm friends recharge….

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Snarky said:

So there is my problem. And the more I run it the less I want to run anything else.

I know exactly what you mean. I have a Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster that's nearly at the ranged def cap. It's really hard to play other Blasters now. They just seem soooo sloooow.

Also, I need to figure out a new build and log in and respec out of Bonfire.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

1 hour ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

I know exactly what you mean. I have a Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster that's nearly at the ranged def cap. It's really hard to play other Blasters now. They just seem soooo sloooow.

Also, I need to figure out a new build and log in and respec out of Bonfire.

Oh i do not play ranged. I literally stealth right into the biggest spawn i can find and nuke.  If stealth is broke or the enemies have ability to see invisible i eat a small purp and go in.  Just bold as if i own the place. Nuke and aoe chain.  

I just threw a build together and have 6x over force in bonfire. It is excellent and i love it.  I should look at the build and see if a “build goal” might help.  I just enhanced each power individually with the most bang for the buck, ATO, winter, purple OF etc. then standard globals and procs

47 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Oh i do not play ranged. I literally stealth right into the biggest spawn i can find and nuke.  If stealth is broke or the enemies have ability to see invisible i eat a small purp and go in.  Just bold as if i own the place. Nuke and aoe chain.  

I just threw a build together and have 6x over force in bonfire. It is excellent and i love it.  I should look at the build and see if a “build goal” might help.  I just enhanced each power individually with the most bang for the buck, ATO, winter, purple OF etc. then standard globals and procs

I only played Blasters a few times, and the best ways I remember were going into a group, NOT use Aim and Build up and just use the nuke and all AoEs. Nukes are so ridiculous that they don't need the help. Then the next group while the nuke is still recharging, DO use Build-up + Aim and unload the AoEs. Backed by both Aim and BU and Gaussian the nuke is not needed to wipe the group.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sovera said:

I only played Blasters a few times, and the best ways I remember were going into a group, NOT use Aim and Build up and just use the nuke and all AoEs. Nukes are so ridiculous that they don't need the help. Then the next group while the nuke is still recharging, DO use Build-up + Aim and unload the AoEs. Backed by both Aim and BU and Gaussian the nuke is not needed to wipe the group.

good tip.  Although with all the +4 madness and incarn I have been pumping.  When I run reg content I will experiment. Mine is build to just have a massive 1st strike.  

I just got around to making a trip fire about 6 months or so ago. It’s fully done now. I don’t blaster much but I prefer my energy/devices. The fire is strictly better but it’s just kinda boring. 

• Pizza (Pineapple) 1

10 hours ago, BZRKR said:

Since you are going for "Moar Damage NOW!" do you take Rain of Fire? You have inspired me, but am having trouble trimming down power choices.

Yes rain of fire. Then I pair it with Bonfire.   With a full set overwhelming force in it right now.  Need knockdown.  It is situationally useful as knockback but always useful as knockdown.  I come into a giant room. 3 large spawns. I am in front of tanks brutes everyone.  I eat a purple, usually med. with stealth come into first group, aim buildup nuke.l, maybe 1-2 pbaoe. Look left. Drop both rains there.  Veer right, hit with incarnate nuke.  Okay i have F-ed the room.  Everyone can come in and start doing ST.  Maybe work left, those guys seem pissed. I am starting on ST chains on bosses left standing…

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Thraxen said:

I just got around to making a trip fire about 6 months or so ago. It’s fully done now. I don’t blaster much but I prefer my energy/devices. The fire is strictly better but it’s just kinda boring. 

Yeah, the Fire build is my “pro build” for teams that want a BLASTER. Have asked for damage.  I am just looking to chill and run anything, and when i show up I want people to be like “damn, that was useful”. It is just to clean spawns to help teams leagues get badges and clean content.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

My very first character on Live, and again on Homecoming, was my Fire/Fire/Fire blaster, Flaminatrix.

Every other blaster since has been a bit of a letdown.

Flaminatrix soloed the New Praetorians arc in her mid-30s; it was such a challenge even for her that I've been reluctant to try it again on any of my other alts.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RikOz said:

My very first character on Live, and again on Homecoming, was my Fire/Fire/Fire blaster, Flaminatrix.

Every other blaster since has been a bit of a letdown.

Flaminatrix soloed the New Praetorians arc in her mid-30s; it was such a challenge even for her that I've been reluctant to try it again on any of my other alts.

I love the Fire Fire and it is THE hammer.  I play it in about 2 sessions a week.  

I love DPS but i enjoy more tactical play. My current main is an AR Device Blaster built for range and dps.  I can destroy a lot of stuff as it tries to close the distance. If i can back up, even a little, the mobs group tighter into my cones. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/20/2024 at 5:30 AM, Snarky said:

So there is my problem. And the more I run it the less I want to run anything else.  .

Had that problem when I first started playing made a few toons then a tw/bio/ scrapper and I could just do all the DMG I ever wanted. Think it's still my highest LVL of like vet LVL 70s . Over time my altitus kicked in I tried new thing and found outher fun power combos after 2-3 years only melee moved onto blaster and now I'm going threw corruptor phases (the best at in the game fought as long as I could) now I'm storm/storm again do all the DMG and worry I'll never move on. 

• Like 2

Every time I try to play my Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster I find myself feeling like I lack for options beyond blow up the world and end right back up on my Dark/Ice/Dark Defender again, grateful for the complete overage of options in combat (and ludicrous number of things to manage).

Strangely enough, I enjoy my Ice/Ice/Dark Blaster more than any other Blaster build. It feels like playing a Controller but with actual damage.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later

Hiya Snarky... 🙂

Read your post here and at first I was like, "Holy Dracula Batman! Snarky made a non-Vampire character?!?" But then reading further, it all just made me smile and happy that you finally made such a character that you really like. 🙂 I do have a tiny suggestion though, if you like...
   Make another skin/look for the character; one that is a Vampire (or even a Vampire/Demon combo), change all the fire power effects to DARK, and bang... You got another soul sucking (and burning) Vampire from hell. 😁
   Just a simple suggestion... 🙂

• Like 1

Please come and join us on Friday at 6pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (6pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

10 hours ago, BjorJlen said:

Hiya Snarky... 🙂

Read your post here and at first I was like, "Holy Dracula Batman! Snarky made a non-Vampire character?!?" But then reading further, it all just made me smile and happy that you finally made such a character that you really like. 🙂 I do have a tiny suggestion though, if you like...
   Make another skin/look for the character; one that is a Vampire (or even a Vampire/Demon combo), change all the fire power effects to DARK, and bang... You got another soul sucking (and burning) Vampire from hell. 😁
   Just a simple suggestion... 🙂

i actually have a few themes i run, vampires, demons, and brains on top of robots. this ended up as a brain

Interesting Snarky... 🙂

Time to combine them all then? I can just see it... A Robot Demon Vampire with his/her brains showing! Simply Perfect! 🙂
Now come up with a name for that one lol... 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Please come and join us on Friday at 6pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (6pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

• 2 weeks later