[OPEN BETA] Patch Notes for March 22nd, 2024

• Developer

Powers

Fixes

• Tanker / Brute > Fiery Aura > Fiery Embrace: Added Fiery Embrace effects to Psionic Mastery.
  • Tanker / Brute > Epic > Psionic Mastery: Fixed PvP Damage to use the correct tables.
  • Stalker > Patron > Soul Mastery > Moonbeam: Fixed 100% chance to crit from Hide.
  • Peacebringer / Warshade > Dwarf Form: Now accepts outside recharge buffs.
  • Corrected typo in Hamidon Ectosome enhancement's description.

Task Forces

Advanced Mode - Lady Grey's Task Force

General

• The values of the -Defense and -Resistance inflicted by the Neural Nullification debuff bubbles now scale with difficulty star count, up to the original value at 4* difficulty:
    • 1-Star: -30% Defense, -75% Resistance
    • 2-Star: -45% Defense, -100% Resistance
    • 3-Star: -60% Defense, -125% Resistance
    • 4-Star: -75% Defense, -150% Resistance
  • This will make the debuff weaker on lower difficulties, allowing players to better form counter-play before the failure penalty is steep at the highest difficulty.

NPC Enemies

Council

• Fixed all Council Vortex Cor Leonis bosses spawning outside their level ranges.

Custom Weapons

Staff Fighting

• Fixed an issue that caused NPCs using sheathed staves to have their weapon flicker between hand and back in-between attacks.

User Interface

• Key bindings saved through the options menu and slash commands now create a file that properly reproduces the binds exactly when loaded.
    • This is accomplished through an optional UnbindAll keyword that may be included in a bind file, which causes any existing binds to be reset before loading the file.
    • Files which do not have this keyword work the same as currently and just create or replace bindings only for the keys listed in them.
  • Added two commands to restore the ability to export a list of the default keybindings for offline editing:
    • /show_bind_all - Prints a list of all apparent key bindings (defaults with per-character saved binds applied on top).
    • /show_bind_all_file [filename] - Same as /show_bind_all but saves the results to a file.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Vinceq98 said:

why is smoke canister bug still present?? it doesnt suppress knockback? That was added and working properly until the tear gas/sleep grenade issue 2 patches ago

The question is what kind of bug.

From the beta patch the changed the power 

• Arsenal Control > Smoke Canister: Pseudopet set to replace, -ToHit debuff increased, this power now applies a -kb str debuff to confused targets, fixed a bug where the pet was not inheriting confuse enhancements. Fixed a bug that was causing the color tinted version to generate a lot of visual and audio spam. 

If you look at the discription it should do -kb and not +kb the plus one would be the one that suppress knockback. 

I would argue why you would want this, when Liquid does only damage when the mobs got flipped and smoke canister would then surpress that to s degree.

Hmm on the other hand confused mobs would still hit each other and only not effected enemys could flip and take dmg. 

Now the interesting thing is, that it seems that it dosen't apply the kb resistance + or - at all . Run a test vs Mino and Cyclops. The mobs got confused I have never seen some data on the status effect from the power as it was with the a Fire Controller that used the Ring of Fire to it. in this case the + from City of Data shows up as - ingame 

The numbers are another issue, if I remember correctly the knockback resistance is capped at 99% , so that would be another issue vs certain mobs, the still would resist......

mino.jpg

cages.jpg

Edited by tricon

theres a video on the bug forums  showing confused mobs getting knockback still. This was the compromise from the devs since the powerset had no immob in it. They added the KB protection so that mobs dont fling themselves out of your control patch.

6 hours ago, Vinceq98 said:

theres a video on the bug forums  showing confused mobs getting knockback still. This was the compromise from the devs since the powerset had no immob in it. They added the KB protection so that mobs dont fling themselves out of your control patch.

Ah yes, then it is easy, they have swapped negative and positive values. (s. screenshot)

knockback.jpg

22 minutes ago, tricon said:

they have swapped negative and positive values. (s. screenshot)

knockback.jpg

Canister is -100,000% Strength to KB/KU.  This reduces the KB/KU of any power used by the critters affected.  Cages applies 10,000% Resistance to KB/KU.  This reduces KB/KU applied to the critters themselves.  They're not swapped, they're different mechanics that do the same thing.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

14 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Canister is -100,000% Strength to KB/KU.  This reduces the KB/KU of any power used by the critters affected.  Cages applies 10,000% Resistance to KB/KU.  This reduces KB/KU applied to the critters themselves.  They're not swapped, they're different mechanics that do the same thing.

This^^^

My understanding is that players can still knock them around, but they can't knock *themselves* when confused. That's the distinction.

8 hours ago, Captain Fabulous said:

This^^^

My understanding is that players can still knock them around, but they can't knock *themselves* when confused. That's the distinction.

Ah yes, this makes a lot more sense. This also seems to work

In a custom mission the mobs that used knockback powers under smoke canister confuse could only do knockdown and yourself could still use a power with a knockback effect and throw them out of the patch. 

On 3/24/2024 at 3:23 AM, Luminara said:

That's how I read it too.  Unfortunately, the thing that Smoke Canister does is uniformly less beneficial to the player than the thing that Cages does... which is an issue with the fundamental logic behind why they made the change be this way.  It's just a small band-aid so confused Council don't rocket launcher each other out of the group instantly. 

...A band-aid that wouldn't even be necessary if-

Choose your weapon:  Okay, I choose words.

I do not believe the false notion that "your ignorance is just as good as my knowledge."

13 minutes ago, arcane said:

Give it a rest ffs

They literally can't let things go. Ever. If new powers aren't exactly what they want them to be they will complain about them till the end of time. Some of them are STILL complaining about Storm Blast.

I really wish the mods were more proactive about dealing with this. It's both infuriating and exhausting, and really kills my desire to hang out in the forums because it's neverending.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later
  • Cobalt Arachne changed the title to [OPEN BETA] Patch Notes for March 22nd, 2024