The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Mount Olympus base is open

ZacKing

Hi all.

I've finished up a base that I'm proud of and wanted to share with everyone.  You're all invited to drop in an explore.  Feel free to visit using base code OLYMPUS-30352.  You may want to turn up your visscale first, using /visscale 5 before entering to get the full view.

Mount Olympus

Home of the gods and sanctum of the Masters of Olympus SG - base code OLYMPUS-30352

screenshot-240329-10-52-42.jpg

You are summoned to Mount Olympus on a bolt of lightning by Zeus.  Once you arrive, cross the mystical bridge of light to enter.

screenshot-240323-14-39-49.jpg

To the East, you will find the Fisherman's Wharf where you can find the Fisherman's market and passage on sailing vessels travelling to far off lands.

screenshot-240329-10-53-28.jpg

screenshot-240323-14-39-36.jpg

screenshot-240323-14-39-19.jpg

Here you will also find a Shrine to the Goddess Salacia, goddess of the sea.  It's customary to leave her an offering of coin or fish as good luck.  If you do, she will transport you to mystical far off places.

screenshot-240329-10-53-38.jpg

To the South atop the mountain, you will find the Temple of Zeus.

screenshot-240323-14-40-28.jpg

screenshot-240323-14-41-48.jpg

screenshot-240323-14-42-05.jpg

Aside the Temple of Zeus, you will find the mystical Shrine of Healing, where fallen heroes will come to receive blessings for their recovery.

screenshot-240323-14-40-59.jpg

As part of your healing, you can take a stroll through the Gardens of Tranquility.

screenshot-240323-14-42-12.jpg

Heading North from the Gardens of Tranquility and down the mountain, you will come to the Olympian Bathhouse where you can relax and enjoy a dip in the warm waters.

screenshot-240323-14-42-32.jpg

Further North down the mountain is the Olympian Marketplace, a place of commerce where vendors proffer their wares to travellers.  Anywhere you see a sign on the building, just "knock" on the door and the shopkeeper will let you in.

screenshot-240329-11-18-05.jpg

screenshot-240329-11-17-53.jpg

screenshot-240329-11-17-19.jpg

screenshot-240329-11-17-08.jpg

Feel free to use the Forge of Hephasteus to craft yourself some new enhancements and empowerments.

screenshot-240329-11-17-45.jpg

By the way, if you happen to come across the Kraken on your visit, don't worry.  He's actually harmless.

screenshot-240329-12-49-06.jpg

There is a lot to explore here, so feel free to come by and spend as much time as you like.  Hope you enjoy your visit!

I wanted to give a much appreciated shout out to @ShardWarrior for all the help and ideas for this base.  Thanks a million for all your help!!

Edited by ZacKing
  • Like 8

• 2 months later
On 6/8/2024 at 12:46 PM, Laucianna said:

It's an amazing and beautiful base hun!!!! ❤️❤️❤️

I must ask how you did the path of light at the entrance as that is amazing!

Thank you for the compliments!  The light bridge is made up of particle beam under the VFX tab with surface plates placed beneath it.  Those surface plates are a newer addition to the editor.  They're very handy!

On 6/8/2024 at 3:07 PM, Triumphant said:

Well, this is ****ing amazing.  Awesome work! 😎

Thank you!

On 6/8/2024 at 11:08 PM, Enchantica said:

AWESOME BASE! Who built it?

Thank you!  I built the base.  I did get a lot of inspiration, ideas and guidance from @ShardWarrior who was an enormous help and really kind and generous with his time. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later

I dropped in to check this out and no lie, this is one of if not the best base in the whole game.  Very nicely done!  The layout is just beautiful, especially when the sun is rising/setting.  The view from the top of the steps in front of the Temple of Zeus is truly epic.  Well done!  You should be very proud of this one.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Excraft said:

I dropped in to check this out and no lie, this is one of if not the best base in the whole game.  Very nicely done!  The layout is just beautiful, especially when the sun is rising/setting.  The view from the top of the steps in front of the Temple of Zeus is truly epic.  Well done!  You should be very proud of this one.

Thanks for the compliments!  I'm glad you enjoyed it.  Please do drop by anytime.

• Like 1

Your base is well done. You should be proud of it and your good friend Excraft has every right to praise your hard work as I'm sure it took you quite a while. 

I do not think it's the greatest base of all time is all, and I laugh reacted to that hyperbole. I'm not attacking anyone and certainly don't think the base is bad. It is not a bad base, it is a good base. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Yeah, no.  I know why you did it.  You were being a troll and you know you were being a troll.  I've got nothing to do with your problems with other players, so I kindly ask that you please take that silly nonsense elsewhere.  Thank you. 

On 7/3/2024 at 1:52 AM, ZacKing said:

Yeah, no.  I know why you did it.  You were being a troll and you know you were being a troll.  I've got nothing to do with your problems with other players, so I kindly ask that you please take that silly nonsense elsewhere.  Thank you. 

Dont you think you're rather churlishly overreacting there?  They complimented your efforts and you respond by lobbing names and insults at them, all because of a forum emoticon of a response by someone else. 

Why diminish your efforts with such silliness? 

I'm not no.  I'll message you privately with further details.  I'd rather not allow the actions of others to further derail the thread.  Thank you though.  Your note is appreciated.

Hey, just visited and your hard work really shows.  It's a marvelous base, and you should be proud.

One thing I like is that your interactive elements (stores, portals) are neatly and thematically grouped together and not terribly far from the base portal.  That's one thing I've been annoyed with on some other bases that are very nice looking, but the designer has forgotten the functionality and spread all the interactive elements around a large base to integrate them into a particular look.  For me, a base starts with function before form.

I did get into the shops look so much I uh...may have...clicked on the smithy shop doors looking to interact with an NPC.   May have.  :classic_blush:

Thanks very much for the compliments.  I appreciate it.  Please do drop by anytime and visit whenever you like.  Feel free to brings some friends for a toga part!  😁