the best of PUGs, the worst of PUGs...

So, joined Oklahoman on a two run through Magi where the league was textbook.  Every badge except Really Hard Way and made it look like a cakewalk.

Immediately after there was an ad for a TV2 respec.  I needed the badge.  It went okay, not great.  Until... we got to the reactor room.  I have rarely seen this thing fail.  I cannot remember the last time.  I felt like I was fighting the whole room solo (a Blaster) with occasional glimpses of people i think were my teammates being chased by hordes of Freakshow blowing past.  An unmitigated disaster, and the reactor inevitably fell...

Click this image to show the full-size version. Meant To Be Together, Working Together ...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

8 minutes ago, Snarky said:

occasional glimpses of people i think were my teammates being chased by hordes of Freakshow

goodfellas-laugh.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Banjo 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

13 hours ago, Snarky said:

So, joined Oklahoman on a two run through Magi where the league was textbook. 

Even A Blind Squirrel Svg Funny Quote Dxf Clip Art Eps Cutting File Png

• Haha 2
  • Banjo 1

I laughed for hours last night.  I'm still laughing.  I'm sorry, man, but that line just put the most vivid image in my head, of you and a Freak tank stopping in the middle of the fight, staring in confusion as the rest of the Freakshow horde chase your team around in circles while Yakety Sax plays over the P.A. system.  And then you and the Freak tank look at one another, both of you shaking your heads in embarrassment.

"Um... ain't dey supposed to be chasin' my crew around?" queried 8R34K3R?

"Yeah.  They're..." Snarky stops, trying to figure out how to say it nicely, then exhales in a gust of resignation.  "They're kinda stupid."

"Hey, don't worry 'bout it.  Some of my boys ain't da brightest bulbs on da marquee.  Look, why don't we go get lunch while dey figure out what dey're doing?"
"Okay.  Yeah, that'd be okay."  Snarky glances back at the reactor, then shrugs.  "Can we go someplace dark?  Maybe that restaurant on Robertson, the one that serves kaszanka?"

"Oh, I heard 'bout dat place.  I been wantin' to check it out, but mosta my guys won't eat nothin' if it don't come from Kap'n Kraken or City of Gyros.  Ya think dey got a booth big enough for me?"  8R34K3R flashes a surprisingly friendly smile, his eyes widening with anticipation.

"They do, actually.  And their menu is pretty good, lots of choices.  They've been doing a multi-cultural fusion thing for the last couple of years, interesting stuff."
"Hey, fusion, I like da sounda dat."

You both wander out the door, chatting and grinning, while the chaos behind you continues, the reactor's warning hoots steadily growing louder, but still not loud enough to drown out the music.

Edited by Luminara
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Banjo 1
  • Microphone 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

2 hours ago, Luminara said:

while Yakety Sax plays over the P.A. system

Beat me to it.  Great rest of the post though, that tops what I was bringing.

Sometimes spectacular failures are more fun that average successes.

• Banjo 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 4/3/2024 at 8:20 PM, Snarky said:

I have rarely seen this thing fail.  I cannot remember the last time.

I can.  Because I saw it only ONCE.  Back in the early days of live, with a team full of thoroughly gimped characters who NEEDED the respec.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.