Increase % or Mag of effects?

Is there a way to increase the percentage or magnitude of effects?  My corruptor has a power that has a 50% chance of a 2.25 knock back.  I was hoping to increase either or both of these values.

3 minutes ago, OdinAZ said:

Is there a way to increase the percentage or magnitude of effects?  My corruptor has a power that has a 50% chance of a 2.25 knock back.  I was hoping to increase either or both of these values.

You have left out what powers. 

The enhancement sets for Knockback increase KB distance except the proc in force feedback that turns it to knockdown.  

Energy Mastery power build up says it does but it does not.  Was changed and text is outdated.  

Without what power is giving you the knockback 50% kind of firing blind

11 minutes ago, OdinAZ said:

50% chance of

"Chance of" can't be increased or decreased with enhancements, or other powers unless a specific power activates another hidden power which sets the percentage higher (example: Fusion in /Radioactive Assault).

Knock has no duration, thus the design permits the mag to be enhanced instead.  Magnitudes other than Knock are not subject to enhancement.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

36 minutes ago, Luminara said:

"Chance of" can't be increased or decreased with enhancements, or other powers unless a specific power activates another hidden power which sets the percentage higher (example: Fusion in /Radioactive Assault).

Knock has no duration, thus the design permits the mag to be enhanced instead.  Magnitudes other than Knock are not subject to enhancement.

I realize the OP was looking for a permanent effect, but what of the temporary empowerment buffs that come from base items like the Supercollider?  Would they have the desired effect, if only for 60 minutes?

(Sorry if the question rolls over some aspect of your answer.  I've a massive headache this morning and might not be as focused as I should be.)

32 minutes ago, Techwright said:

I realize the OP was looking for a permanent effect, but what of the temporary empowerment buffs that come from base items like the Supercollider?  Would they have the desired effect

Knockback Increase (the empowerment station buff) is identical to slotting a +0 KB SO.  It increases the mag, but doesn't affect the % chance.  No buff in the game does, no debuff on enemies, no enhancement, nothing.  The only way to alter the % chance is if a developer either adds a Global Chance Mod effect to the power and sets another power (Aim, for example) to activate that effect, or the power is copied to a redirect with a different %, which is functionally the same as using Global Chance Mod if nothing else is changed.  More work to set it up in the power def, but ultimately the same thing.

Slotting a chance for knockback proc into the power (if possible, if the power takes a set with a knockback proc) doesn't increase the chance the knockdown will fire, but would give you an extra chance for a knockback to fire.

If both fire at the same time, you'll get a higher knockback magnitude; but there's a good chance only one or the other will fire which would somewhat increase the consistency at which that power knocks things back.

Not knowing which power you're talking about makes it hard to offer other suggestions.

1 hour ago, PoptartsNinja said:

Not knowing which power you're talking about makes it hard to offer other suggestions.

I have an Archery/Sonic Corruptor.  This is for Explosive Arrow.

26 minutes ago, OdinAZ said:

I have an Archery/Sonic Corruptor.  This is for Explosive Arrow.

at a quick glance you could slot it Force Feedback: Acc/KB, Dam/KB, Rech/KB  Bombardment: Dam, Dam/Rech, Acc/Dam/Rech.  

this gives +KB scraping ED, and Damage past ED

oh, and please dont play it on a team with me.  F-ing hate knockback, especially non directional "ball o knockback"

If it was me....

I would slot this 4 Overwhelming Force, 2 Bombardment:

Overwhelming Force: Acc/Dam, Acc/Dam/End, Acc/Dam/End/Rech, Dam/Kb->KD   Bombardment: Acc/Dam/Rech, Fire Dam Proc

the overwhelming force dam/knockback to knockdown proc flops anyone that would have been knocked across the room on their back.  just as helpless but in a nice neat pile.

This gives just as much crowd control, keeps enemies centralized for 1) you 2) teammates so AoE is more effective.  Does more damage as well

also, 2 or more bombardments in a power give a global +5% range increase.  and as archery that is nice.

Edited by Snarky

54 minutes ago, Snarky said:

oh, and please dont play it on a team with me.  F-ing hate knockback, especially non directional "ball o knockback"

Time to make an Energy blaster named "Snarky's Bestie".

• Haha 2
  • Moose 1

You can't increase the magnitude of powers except with procs.

Two magnitude CCs minions, three magnitude CCs lieutenants, four magnitude CCs bosses. But you can't make a 2 mag CC stun, for example, work on a lieutenant. They CAN stack though. So if you have one power that has 2 mag and a second that has 2 mag and you use them both on a boss it will CC the boss. Or if the power recharges quickly enough you can use the power twice.

You probably knew this but just to make sure.

So if you want to, say, hold a boss but your Hold is a mag 3 (they usually are) you want to stack it twice. That's where increasing the % and recharge comes in. If it lasts 10 seconds and you max it you get 15 seconds of the CC lasting on the boss. It won't do anything since it has not reached the threshold, but it's there. But that gives time for your Hold to recharge and use it a second time and have it become a 6 mag.

With that said the chance a power will have of working is not beholden to anything in your power. If it's 50% then it's 50%. As the others have pointed out you can slot KB procs into the power if applicable to give yourself two chances of applying the power though there is a chance of both happening at the same time and the stacking making it a very large knockback (unless you're using the Overwhelming Force unique which works with different mechanics).

First, if you have a KB that is at least one magnitude it will push enemies away. Less than 1 magnitude will make the enemies just knocked down. Knocked down is the much less obnoxious version and is a good source of soft CC with the mobs spending time getting back up and not using their attacks. If you have powers that knockback then consider slotting the appropriate procs that turn KB into KD.

And then you make more powers do KD if you like the idea. Keep that power with the 50% as is, but slot the Avalanche proc in any other PbAoE or aura, slot the Overwhelming Force proc in any power (it works in all powers as it is an universal set) and now you have three powers doing KD.

16 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Time to make an Energy blaster named "Snarky's Bestie".

The only toon I ran in the mapserver event was an en ergy energy Blaster.  50d it in 3 hours, then in another 45 opened all incarnate slots except hybrid (3/4 open)  Havbe not played it since.  Beautiful power sets that you pay up to 9 enhancer slots worth of "KB->KD tax" to make it team useful.

41 minutes ago, Snarky said:

The only toon I ran in the mapserver event was an en ergy energy Blaster.  50d it in 3 hours, then in another 45 opened all incarnate slots except hybrid (3/4 open)  Havbe not played it since.  Beautiful power sets that you pay up to 9 enhancer slots worth of "KB->KD tax" to make it team useful.

I'm too poor to pay taxes.  I can afford KB enhancements, though.

You're on Excelsior, don't worry, I'll find you.

llama-look1.gif?w=840

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

I just want to let everyone know that the name Ball O Knockback is available on every shard right now.

• Haha 1