Wrong game version repeats

Troo

image.png.e037dcb2b8f8c2d4018b0267e5a25174.png

Able to log in and view the server list. When selecting a server the message above appears.

Logged in with test manifest, without test manifest, exited restarted, still get message when accessing live servers. Brainstorm however grants access.

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• City Council
5 minutes ago, Troo said:

image.png.e037dcb2b8f8c2d4018b0267e5a25174.png

Able to log in and view the server list. When selecting a server the message above appears.

Logged in with test manifest, without test manifest, exited restarted, still get message when accessing live servers. Brainstorm however grants access.

The patch manifest that unofficial launchers use lags behind our official launcher by a bit, you'll have to either switch to the official launcher or give it a bit of time to update.

• Thanks 1

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

thanks @Cipher

as long as yall are aware, I'm good.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

17 minutes ago, DeathLemon said:

I cant log in either - and get the same error message.  Can someone let me know what I need to do to log in?

I don't think there is anything we can do at the moment. 

Just wait and try again in a few hours.

50 minutes ago, Cipher said:

The patch manifest that unofficial launchers use lags behind our official launcher by a bit, you'll have to either switch to the official launcher or give it a bit of time to update.

I'm sorry, you lost me. What do you mean by "switch to the official launcher"? And how do we do that?

Thank you.  I downloaded LaunchCat but it keeps unexpectedly quitting.  I'm sorry for the constant requests but I thought I read something about renaming a file or something.  Any guidance regarding the unexpectedly quitting.  I can attach the report regarding it if you like.

I am downloading the signed version which has gone further than the other version.   It's reinstalling homecoming but that's okay.  I will update the forum as it occurs just in case anyone else has the issue.

3 hours ago, Cipher said:

I thought Tequila WAS the official launcher.  That is what I am using, and still getting that error.

1 minute ago, Ravenplume said:

I thought Tequila WAS the official launcher.  That is what I am using, and still getting that error.

Tequila hasn't been the official launcher for a couple of years now.  You will want to switch to the Homecoming launcher.

2 minutes ago, Lunar Ronin said:

Tequila hasn't been the official launcher for a couple of years now.  You will want to switch to the Homecoming launcher.

Huh.  Wonder why they felt the need to change it.  It wasn't like it was broken or anything...

• Haha 1

Just now, Ravenplume said:

Huh.  Wonder why they felt the need to change it.  It wasn't like it was broken or anything...

Tequila is very insecure and could be used to spread malware and do nasty things to your computer.  So yeah, it kind of is broken.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, VULCAN said:

I've got the same problem. Impossible to log in tonight 😞

Download the Official Homecoming Launcher and you won't have that issue. 

1 hour ago, Ravenplume said:

HC Launcher has three primary design goals: Speed, Security, and Compatibility.

Speed: The launcher is supposed to get you into the game, it shouldn’t take any longer than absolutely necessary to fulfill this function. Tequila and several other launchers are based on .NET, and as a result have noticeably slow startup times on some systems. HC Launcher is designed not only for fast startup and faster patching, but also to avoid long and unnecessary file verification, or delays due to Internet latency.

Security: This has been a frequent criticism of Tequila and its use of unauthenticated manifest files. By putting in a manifest file, you are in effect trusting the author of that manifest with complete access to the user account you’re running it under, since it can download and run arbitrary code. It also lacks protection against man-in-the-middle attacks, making it impossible to know if a malicious third party has hijacked the manifest. HC Launcher addresses all of those issues by using strong cryptography to verify the integrity of itself and everything it downloads. More details can be found in the technical deep dive post.

Compatibility: HC Launcher is written in C and uses many of the same libraries as the game itself. As a result, it should run in any environment that is capable of running the game, such as wine on Linux/Mac, without any additional work.

Important note: HC Launcher uses a different file layout for the client install, reorganizing it to make it easier to manage. As a result, it cannot coexist with Tequila and must be installed to a different location. By default it attempts to locate existing files to avoid having to redownload them, as well as migrate user data. More information about the new layout is available in the technical deep dive post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Crippling peeps game for the 20th anniversary was not the plan.

What matters came from Cipher: " ..give it a bit of time to update. "

It's a May celebration. I was all excited to login asap too. I'll save being disappointed for later today, if it doesn't work then..

This whole thing is just telling me that Homecoming really needs to work on advertising the Homecoming launcher to people, probably with an in-game pop up message.  I'm honestly shocked by how many people aren't using it.

• Like 1

• Game Master
14 minutes ago, Lunar Ronin said:

This whole thing is just telling me that Homecoming really needs to work on advertising the Homecoming launcher to people, probably with an in-game pop up message.  I'm honestly shocked by how many people aren't using it.

We advertise it, have it on the getting started page and talk about it all the time with a link to download it https://manifest.cohhc.gg/launcher/hcinstall.exe whenever anyone asks about Tequila. I think some people just like to stick to the familiar. I know a few people who won't change something because it works and they don't want to learn a new thing. My friend refuses to give up Windows 98 🙂 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Game Master
56 minutes ago, Troo said:

Crippling peeps game for the 20th anniversary was not the plan.

What matters came from Cipher: " ..give it a bit of time to update. "

It's a May celebration. I was all excited to login asap too. I'll save being disappointed for later today, if it doesn't work then..

I'm shocked!! Shocked I tell you!! I thought you were already using the launcher 🙂 

• Haha 1