Iron Man/Hardcore run Badge

Can the Devs add a Badge to the game for going through 1 to 50 without dying 1 time at all? I noticed I cannot track my own deaths in game, and I am currently doing a run right now. And can the badge look different for each alignment. Such as if you completed it as a Hero, you get the hero version of the Iron man badge, Or if you did it as a Villain, Loyalist/Resistance you get the badge for those Alignments. And can it have Special rule requirements, Such as no AH, no S.T.A.R.T Vendor.

There is an Ironman mode option on Thunderspy. Homecoming has a history of trying not to replicate features other servers have added.

Realistically there's a slim chance for your suggestion to get made, but your suggestion for new badges would likely have more traction if you designed the badge artwork for them and provided it with the suggestion.

This will get a Hard No from any of the badge completionists out there.   You want a badge that is unattainable by existing characters.

Now, if it was just a status title or something like what the PvP folks get for their insta50s, maybe?

• Like 4

Agreed - I vote a hard no on this as well, as existing toons would not be able to get the badge. 

And yeah, doorsitters getting PL'd to 50 would get it within hours with no risk.  It would be greatly abused in that way.  And then it would also just encourage people to PL to 50, and then go backwards to do content, which is not the point of the game.  

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, lemming said:

This will get a Hard No from any of the badge completionists out there.   You want a badge that is unattainable by existing characters.

Now, if it was just a status title or something like what the PvP folks get for their insta50s, maybe?

I see your point, It would make a lot of Badge hunters angry, but at the same time it would give everyone a Challenge to work harder for. I'm fine with a title to, just anyway people know I did the run and not just saying I did it without any Concrete Evidence to support it, you know?

4 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

considering this badge would take nearly zero effort to get by doorsitters,

I fail to see the point of its existence

Lmao, Good point there, Maybe if it's a second option Like PVP insta 50. One rule is after you enter a mission you cannot leave the mission until It's done, I think Scrapper locker had followed a rule like that one. I also think the challenge would be more Interesting If you can only pick, Dominators, Controllers, Blasters, Corrupters, Defenders, And if the archetype is randomly picked for you like a wheel, something I do when I run Iron man runs is I put these 5 Archetypes in a wheel and spin the wheel and what ever I get I use. I'd also like if the powers are random too, and whatever you get you have to run with it through the whole run. At the same time I Personally agree that it would make badge hunters a little mad to try to do the challenge, but It doesn't have to be a badge, It can be a Title to you get. I just want some way to prove I did the whole thing and show it other players. Maybe It'd be cool if you get not only a badge/title But you also get like a cool exclusive costume piece for making through the whole thing. I haven't seen anyone yet complete the challenge and I would love to be one of the first people or the second to do it. I love, well "sometimes" love challenges in video games that push you to Earn that achievement. I 100% complete Games all the time, and Even play ranked online with other people. Speaking of ranked, I should make a topic on can we a get a Ranked PVP reward system for City of heroes? I don't Play PVP a lot myself but I would love to push myself to try like others. You feel me?

4 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

Agreed - I vote a hard no on this as well, as existing toons would not be able to get the badge. 

And yeah, doorsitters getting PL'd to 50 would get it within hours with no risk.  It would be greatly abused in that way.  And then it would also just encourage people to PL to 50, and then go backwards to do content, which is not the point of the game.  

I also agree with you as well, Existing toons not being able to get the badge would be a bit of slight problem, I feel like they could add a way to prevent door sitting, like if you stand to the door past 5 minutes your toon will die or something. I also understand the point of the game is not to do backwards content, but this is just an idea for people who are looking for something more challenging for the game, and a way to earn an Achievement for completing a difficult challenge. Batman Arkham Origins had a Mode like this, and i think wow also has hardcore mode. It's not for everyone, but just for people who are looking for something to work a bit extra for.  

Just now, Zenith Mech Man said:

I also agree with you as well, Existing toons not being able to get the badge would be a bit of slight problem, I feel like they could add a way to prevent door sitting, like if you stand to the door past 5 minutes your toon will die or something. I also understand the point of the game is not to do backwards content, but this is just an idea for people who are looking for something more challenging for the game, and a way to earn an Achievement for completing a difficult challenge. Batman Arkham Origins had a Mode like this, and i think wow also has hardcore mode. It's not for everyone, but just for people who are looking for something to work a bit extra for.  

As Said before It doesn't need to be a badge, I just want some form a way to let people know I did it. Because I was told in game that you can't track your defeats at all,

5 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

There is an Ironman mode option on Thunderspy. Homecoming has a history of trying not to replicate features other servers have added.

Realistically there's a slim chance for your suggestion to get made, but your suggestion for new badges would likely have more traction if you designed the badge artwork for them and provided it with the suggestion.

Do you know any people who make COH fan Badges? I would Use CHAT GPT but im not sure it would give me what I want?

39 minutes ago, Zenith Mech Man said:

I was told in game that you can't track your defeats at all,

There are badges for accumulating debt, and you only receive debt for being defeated.  You don't accrue debt below level 10, or during certain zone events (like Rikti raids), but for the rest of the game, debt is "a thing" and has been for as long as the game's existed.  So whoever told you that is an idiot.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

37 minutes ago, Luminara said:

There are badges for accumulating debt, and you only receive debt for being defeated.  You don't accrue debt below level 10, or during certain zone events (like Rikti raids), but for the rest of the game, debt is "a thing" and has been for as long as the game's existed.  So whoever told you that is an idiot.

Is there a debt badge for not dying for every 10 levels? like 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, If so a Iron man badge doesn't need to exist, I can just screenshot all debt badges as proof 

47 minutes ago, Zenith Mech Man said:

Is there a debt badge for not dying for every 10 levels?

Is there a badge for standing around with your thumb up your ass while someone else "earns" your XP for you?

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Zenith Mech Man said:

Is there a debt badge for not dying for every 10 levels? like 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, If so a Iron man badge doesn't need to exist, I can just screenshot all debt badges as proof 

You get debt badges by getting and paying off debt. That requires your character to die.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to add "paying off".

inb4 thread lock because over the course of 5 years people get comfortable and complacent and come here for entertainment and take it to far every single time

I appreciate trying to add a meta-layer of personal enjoyment/challenge, but tying a reward (badge, whatever) to "never being defeated" has so many potential negatives from my PoV:

• A trivial (or nearly trivial) ability to get the badge through "sitting" (in AE or elsewhere)
  • SO much potential for griefing and/or hard feelings (HAHA welcome to the PI league's team led by a level 6! or OOPS, didn't realize you'd all con at -10)
  • Debt badges actually serve a purpose (red-side accolades)

• Like 1