GM Mini Pet Recipe not dropping

Just defeated every GM on the list, not a single mini pet recipe dropped. Is this just bad RNG or is the % chance borked?

Giant Monster Mini Pets & Monstrous Aether

The following Giant Monsters found in city zones now have a 10% chance of dropping an invention recipe of a miniature version of themselves. This chance is rolled individually per character who received credit and is tied to the same drop table as the Reward Merits.

Adamastor

Arachnos Flyer

Babbage

Caleb

Clockwork Paladin

Council Goliath War Walker

Deathsurge

Eochai

Ghost of Scrapyard

Jack In Irons

Jurassik

Kraken

Kronos Titan

Lusca

Sally

Seed of Hamidon (Seedling)

U'kon Gr'ai

NOTE: Only the zone version of these giant monsters drop the pet invention recipes.

These invention recipes are not bound and can be freely traded or sold on the Auction House once acquired.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

It seems to be bad RNG.  I did get the Adamastor recipie from Adamastor a couple weeks ago but out of all the monsters i've knocked down since the page went live that's the only one I've seen drop.

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

The cumulative chance of missing a 10% drop 17 times in a row is 16.67%, roughly 1 in 6.
It's just unfortunate luck, sorry.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

There is a possible bug with it atm where instead of each person having a 10% chance to get a pet, the entire group of people who hit it have a SHARED 10% chance for a SINGLE person to get it. So if you have 10 people who hit it, you would have a 1% chance of getting it instead of 10%

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

U'kon Gr'ai

NOTE: Only the zone version of these giant monsters drop the pet invention recipes.

No one say a word to the instanced MSR players.

It's a bad (but typical) RNG. I do a fair share of solo Giant Monster hunting in the off-hours... and while I haven't exactly kept stats I can offer some fuzzy numbers since teh salvage went live:

I've accumulated well over 1.2K Monstrous Aether ... This is hard to know for sure, as I've had to convert many because of the inventory cap, and while I am relatively certain that character wasn't holding any prismatics at the start, it has 130+ accumulated plus 900+ Monstrous) and 64 recipes from the GMs I've defeated.

It isn't possible to say exactly how many Aethers cam from which GM, but if we average it to 2 per defeat, that would be 600+ monsters and 60+ recipes.

• Like 1

Well I feel better at least knowing it's just my luck. I ran a 6 hour long monster mash on Indomitable today, with the team ranging from 3 to 6 players at any given time. Hopefully someone got a recipe out of it. I got 44 Monstrous Aethers and a ton of merit rewards, so that was nice!

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Welcome to the RNG Hates Me club.  We expect to lose your application within 1-3 business days, call the wrong number for an interview and send your membership card to an address that traces back to Wrigley Stadium.  Thank you for joining us, worst of luck to you.

• Haha 1
  • Banjo 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.