Is Infiltration (Stealth Pool) & Celerity +Stealth IO enough?

If I drop a Celerity +Stealth IO into the Infiltration slot and turn it on, do stealth benefits of both stack or is there some sort of funky interaction I need to be aware of?

If they do, is that adequate to effectively stealth missions I don't want to fight my way through?

TIA.

• Like 1

It's enough for general gameplay. As long as you don't run up to mobs, you should be absolutely fine.

• Like 2
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern King Solar Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Peacebringer Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

Posted (edited)

Multiple abilities which decrease the radius at which you're noticed ("Stealth Powers") no longer stack with each other.
However they *do* stack with a Stealth IO.
So you could have SuperSpeed and a Stealth IO; and they'd stack.
Or Infiltration and a Stealth IO, and they'd stack.
But SuperSpeed and Infiltration would NOT stack.

Each AT has a different Stealth Cap which increases as they level up - but this always caps out at 200ft+ in PVE.
(Once upon a time this used to actually matter in PVP zones for detecting Stalkers)
Most enemies in the game have a perception radius of around 50-55 feet.
"Snipers" have a greater radius - 149 feet.

+ Stealth IOs grant you +30ft StealthRadius (which by itself would mean "most foes" start to see you ~20ft away instead of ~50ft away)
+ Infiltration grants +36ft StealthRadius
Combined that's ~66ft; meaning normal foes won't ever spot you... but you still need to be careful of "snipers" (within missions these are mainly Nemesis LTs), GMs, Rularuu, etc.
Alternatively you could just take Power Pool Stealth which by itself grants +55ft StealthRadius.

Hide (Stalkers) and Superior Invisibility (Illusion Control) are the only stealth abilities that will let you walk right up to a Sniper unnoticed.
However you can also debuff enemy perception via things like Smoke Grenade.

Edited by Maelwys
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I often take stealth - not least because it's a useful mule for an LotG Global Rech - and then shove a stealth IO in to one of the Prestige Sprints. I find those work fine in almost all instances - and if they don't I'm probably out of my depth anyhow

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

Some other things you might want to consider depending on how much you want to stealth missions: -perception powers and placate powers. These can help with the following cases. 

• Some mobs ignore stealth, like Rularuu eyes and Rikti drones. 
  • Some mobs have much better perception, like Nemesis snipers and Knives of Artemis. 
  • Stealth suppresses when clicking glowies, but mob debuffs do not. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Gulbasaur said:

It's enough for general gameplay. As long as you don't run up to mobs, you should be absolutely fine.

Infiltration plus a +stealth IO allows you to stand next to mobs undetected (except for those that ignore stealth).