prismatic drop in WST

Why is the prismatic drop from WST only for 50's? I love doing TFs on leveling toons, it is a great way to play your way to 50. But you dont get the prismatic from the WST. do sub 50's not like costumes? Does a single prismatic drop somehow make you OP? I feel like this is an oversight that could easily be fixed.

• Like 1

Just now, ivanhedgehog said:

Why is the prismatic drop from WST only for 50's? I love doing TFs on leveling toons, it is a great way to play your way to 50. But you dont get the prismatic from the WST. do sub 50's not like costumes? Does a single prismatic drop somehow make you OP? I feel like this is an oversight that could easily be fixed.

If players are sub- Level 50 and want something, the Auction House exists and standard mission completion rewards offer a chance at a Prismatic Aether. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

30 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

If players are sub- Level 50 and want something, the Auction House exists and standard mission completion rewards offer a chance at a Prismatic Aether. 

What does that have to do with running the WST? Sub 50s dont get incarnate rewards because they have not unlocked incarnate status, that is very straight forwards. But the prismatic drop has nothing to do with level. They are supposed to be rewards that drop from actually playing the game, not just running HM versions of the devs pet task forces.

1 hour ago, ivanhedgehog said:

What does that have to do with running the WST? Sub 50s dont get incarnate rewards because they have not unlocked incarnate status, that is very straight forwards. But the prismatic drop has nothing to do with level. They are supposed to be rewards that drop from actually playing the game, not just running HM versions of the devs pet task forces.

Prismatic Aethers don't drop for sub-Level 50 characters when completing a Weekly Strike Target. Sub- Level 50 characters can get Prismatic Aethers in other ways instead. I provide those ways in my post. 

Every time a character completes a mission map, they have a 2% chance to receive a Prismatic Aether salvage. This doesn't require the character to be level 50.

The tool-tip info for the Weekly Strike Target in the LFG tab mentions the Prismatic Aether currency reward for Level 50's who complete the Weekly Strike Target, as well as the amount being 1-2 depending on the length of the content you chose and completed for that week.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

10 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Prismatic Aethers don't drop for sub-Level 50 characters when completing a Weekly Strike Target. Sub- Level 50 characters can get Prismatic Aethers in other ways instead. I provide those ways in my post. 

Every time a character completes a mission map, they have a 2% chance to receive a Prismatic Aether salvage. This doesn't require the character to be level 50.

The tool-tip info for the Weekly Strike Target in the LFG tab mentions the Prismatic Aether currency reward for Level 50's who complete the Weekly Strike Target, as well as the amount being 1-2 depending on the length of the content you chose and completed for that week.

Got that the first time, you may not have understood my post. I was asking for the devs to change that to keep doing TFs at level as a valid leveling method. There is no good reason to keep them to only 50. the reward has zero to do with any level 50 requirement.

15 minutes ago, ivanhedgehog said:

Got that the first time, you may not have understood my post. I was asking for the devs to change that to keep doing TFs at level as a valid leveling method. There is no good reason to keep them to only 50. the reward has zero to do with any level 50 requirement.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/45-suggestions-amp-feedback/

Pocket D Zone Tour

5 hours ago, tidge said:

Farmers.thumb.jpg.91c412274e0487602d13f5205996253e.jpg

Those who know, know that's a far more loaded comparison than it seems at first.  😺

25 minutes ago, ivanhedgehog said:

The current setup has incentive for me to pl my alts to 50 so they get the proper rewards for the tf's

Note that under 50s get a huge boost of XP at the end of a WST, so they do get something that the 50 does not.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, ivanhedgehog said:

1. Under 50 still get double merits and big exp bonus from WST.   Post 50 are incentivized as well to run WST with more incentives to essentially have teams have more folks running tfs n the like.   Its really win/win in this regard.

2. You can still have a chance to get a prismatic(as someone else metioned) from mission completions of any type up to and including yes the WST just not a guaranteed chance.

3. Prismatics really are either for 2.5mil sales currently on the AH(and it keeps dropping... was 60mil when prismatics first launched and just a month and a half ago was 3mil) every other consideration for them is simply cosmetic. There is in other words really no "need" for them(that's truly a good thing) and really its primarily meant to be something 50's on to get and either utilize for their 50's or save up to pass along to another toon.  

And with it currently being 2.5mil, unless you're going for the insanely high number of prismatics needed item(s), that amount of money(once you know how and yes even for a new player to achieve 10's of millions (and no not ah flipping methods either), its not too hard to get needs for money to buy aethers. However, I think saving that money earned for other more pressing needs for leveling 1-50 or post 50 if someone ones to kit out their toon would be wiser to consider.

4.  Wait until October.  During the weeks of the Halloween event, we've constant 24/7 trick or treat league teams running.  For each toon you run in them and get all the respective badges for --AND-- the toon reaches level 30 or above, you'll earn a total of 10 prismatic aethers for each toon then.  If you get all the badges below though you'll get the prismatics after you hit 30.       So during these weeks people make tons of toons or just pull out tons of previously made (but yet unbadged) toons to get tons and tons of aethers.  I also suspect by that time, the aethers will drop even further in value then unless the Devs/player council sets an instant buy out rate higher to shift value of it higher(doubtful... their trend has been lowering not increasing on items on the AH).

All in all, the point being that rewarding a prismatic in the WST doesnt necessarily have to be done.  Mind you, it ----easily---- could be done for pre 50's.  But the likelihood the devs/player council would choose to at this juncture is pretty thin even though we're just talking 1 prismatic per toon per week on doing that.  Maybe if the prices/demand continues to drop it'd be a non issue to add but yeah, I just dont see it happening.

Edited by Sanguinesun

I have long ceded to the fact rewards may not make sense to me. I am still at a loss as to why the prismatic exists in the first place. They could have just used reward merits for the same transactions. Or inf. Or emp merits. Or any other store of value we already had. But, I recall the counter-argument was they wanted the players to earn the new costume options, rather than just plunk down stashes of loot they'd already accumulated. In that context I get it. I don't really appreciate that line of thinking, but I get it. 

To me, 2.5M isn't anything to sweat. But, my new characters who start with zip and struggle to get ATOs because the RNG can be a fickle mistress..yeah, I get it. Who'd want to buy that stuff anyway? More fun to "earn" it, via numerous GM clobbering for MAs. I just let the PAs drop when the game decides to drop them. 

I'm still getting used to the words "speed" and "Aeon" used in the same sentence, side by side. Did one the other day, and it was a pug, so my expectations were low - for myself as well as the others. Got through in about 30 minutes. I think that's slow for the speedy version of Aeon, but I really don't know. Or care. I got a crappy d-sync for my troubles - which honestly is not my usual luck. I usually get the Hami Cyto equivalent, or the membrane. Both of which I can and do use. But a dam/mez...just don't use them normally. But I digress. 

I will offer a statement that is consistent with how our HC team does things:

Just because we have been doing things a certain way doesn't mean we have to continue doing them that way. 

So, a player thinks the prismatic should be an auto-drop for sub-50s. And why shouldn't it? Can't make a Clarion out of it. The only reason not to is perhaps a concern that the prismatic will become even more trivial than it is now. At least, that's the only reason that comes to mind as I wait for my morning coffee. 

So change it. Let the lowbies get some prismatics. What's the harm? 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, ivanhedgehog said:

Why is the prismatic drop from WST only for 50's?

Beats me.  You can get them as an end-of-mission reward at any level, so why not for task forces?

I guess the devs decided there's some balance reason.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

3 hours ago, Ukase said:

I am still at a loss as to why the prismatic exists in the first place.  

What if there were no stop signs.... and a corporation was tasked with making one (or more akin to saying a player team/council):

• Like 1