The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

List of task forces and trials with completion times?

Does anyone know of a list that tells how long task forces and trials will take to complete on average?

I figure one must be floating around out there somewhere but I've never run across it. I've been wanting a list like this since I started playing the game.

The dilemma is it's problematic to determine what to put into the data set to determine average. 

We have speeders. Speeders tend to document their speed times. Folks who just do a TF because it's the weekly or whatever..some kill most, some kill-through. Really tough to determine how long a TF will take without knowing the details. 

You want Kill Most? Kill through? An average of everything? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ukase said:

The dilemma is it's problematic to determine what to put into the data set to determine average. 

We have speeders. Speeders tend to document their speed times. Folks who just do a TF because it's the weekly or whatever..some kill most, some kill-through. Really tough to determine how long a TF will take without knowing the details. 

You want Kill Most? Kill through? An average of everything? 

i know folks that can do a normal ITF in under 10 min.  everytime.  

I mentioned to Task Force Jinkies I needed a Synapse.  34 minutes later it was done.  They complained it was slower than normal, (no doubt because of me...)

The game varies depending on Players, team composition, and mission settings.  

A LOT.

Posted (edited)

It's definitely going to vary, though from what I've seen on numerous runs where people are trying to do it efficiently but not "we're going to finish this in record time, yo!", from the ones I remember:

Penelope Yin - 30m

Manticore - 60m

Synapse - 60-90m (this one can vary a lot)

Citadel - 60m

Numina - 45m

Positron-1 - 45m

Positron-2 - 45m

I haven't really done many redside TFs lately, so I don't remember the times on any of those.

Edited by WumpusRat
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Redside - if you know Tarikoss 15-25 min.  

IF you do not know the shorcuts in redside strike forces they take a long time.  This involves not just inside mission but the quickest way navigating zones sometimes.  Redside is a place not friendly to tourists.  It has different movement style than blue. Flight, normally pretty slow blue, is one of the faster modes redside.  Knowing the helicopter lines helps quite a bit.  If you do not know Tarikoss and most of your team is clueless it will be a long cruel slog. Prob an hour or more. Give me 3 people on my team that know it (including me, so 2 more) and a few bodies to throw at the final AV and it is probably a 15-20 min thing. Depending on one or two findable objectives.  If all are in most probable spots 15 min.  The Crystal Strike Force on St Martial is crazy if you do not know it. Same with most Red SFs. 

When you ask how long something takes that means you do not know the short way. So all Red SF will take an hour to two for you.  Unless you are being carried by a speed team. If so, try to stay close to the fastest characters and watch what they do.  For next time

• Like 2

Speed runs are a different animal, but probably not a bad thing to have listed.

Categories of times could be:

• Speed Runs
  • Kill Most Runs
  • No stealthing, but no wandering. Usually this would be where I'd put the "average" style run where on a big map with hostages, you're clearing the areas where hostages are and not just taking out the hostage group ignoring the other mobs, but not bothering with branches that don't have an objective.

And some of the TFs have more speed opportunities, so you'll get a wild disparity on some of them. Difficulty can also make a difference.   Hardmode can make even more of a difference.

When I asked this question a while back, I was also told that the reward merits per task force were originally assigned based on the average time it took to complete the task forces. You can roughly gauge how involved the TFs are based on the merit awards. WumpusRat's numbers for the TF commander TFs are close to what I've seen on average, with maybe a +/-50% based on team competency and team teleporters in the group.

Yeah that last bit @Duckbutlermentions can make quite a difference.  Try doing a Dr. Q with no or insufficient p2w Teleport powers or no Fly or Teleport pool powers is a whole different animal run by folks familiar with and having those powers.  And almost all the TFC have at least a couple points where minutes or longer can get trimmed even by Pugs with Team Transport with Citadel being the poster child for bouncing between zones (at least in my experience).

• Like 1

Good question.

Data is all over the place and it took me a while* to compile but I think I've come up with a good approximation.

Hope this helps

image.png.9d670e6b9209b2d1aba2f87dc6c6c915.png

*20 seconds, tops

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead

Charles Bukowski