Game Show on Excelsior! We are doing it again! Saturday, June 8th 8:00pm EST

A week ago we launched our first Game Show inside our base and it was fantastic!  Since we received so much positive feedback, we are doing another one!  That's right, Saturday, June 8th @ 8:00pm EST.  You can check the posting for the last show here!

How does the game work?

At the start of the game, FOUR players will be selected to come to the front of the stage.  There, they will be presented with some items in which they must bid on its value.  The contestant that bids the closest, without going over, not only wins the items but, gets to come up on stage to potentially win MORE!  MINIMUM PRIZE ONSTAGE IS 100 MILLION!

After the player has completed the game onstage, we will call on another player to fill the open spot at the front of the stage.

How do I get called upon to play?

All you have to do is show up in your most outlandish costume you can create.  This is not a costume contest but, if you want to be called up to play well, you need to stand out!

There are some simple requests we have for those who decide to join us.
    Please turn off all powers and auras.
    Please no pets.  
    Please do not go past the front row unless called upon.
    Please do not send tells to the game show staff.  We will be REAL busy.
    Please have REQUEST chat channel on.  We will use this to communicate to you all.
    PLEASE HAVE FUN!      

If you want to voice what you think the contestant should choose, use these emotes:
    /e score1
    /e score2
    /e score3

Base passcode is: MONTY-27905 - Follow the sign to STUDIO A1

screenshot_240526-18-38-03-Edit.jpg

screenshot_240526-18-50-18.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I hope this went well, it was lots of fun lats time!

• Like 1

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Posted (edited)

Not trying to horn in, just being clear, if we've played before would you prefer we not play, just watch next time?  I'm guessing yes.

Edited by Clave Dark 5
  • Like 1

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Not trying to horn in, just being clear, if we've played before would you prefer we not play, just watch next time?  I'm guessing yes.

That is a good question.  I never thought about repeating players.  Full disclosure:  I only select the very first player at the start of the game.  The rest of the selection is done by Money Mouse.  

The first game, we had a small turn out so I think everyone got a shot to bid.  I am hoping for a larger crowd this time.  

Here is my best response.  If you made it on stage during the previous show, you would not necessarily be called up BUT, I do want to add some randomness to the selection so, a repeating player coul be.  

I hope my response answers your question.  

Edit:  one of those "random" things will be posted on the forums today.

Edited by Monty Haull
Spelling, added to the end.
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Monty Haull said:

I am hoping for a larger crowd this time.  

Lots of advertising is key to larger crowds. I remember a costume contest that took an hour extra to start and got tonnes (metric) of late entries.

Perhaps mention it to some of the Twitch streamers, even if they are on other (Homecoming) servers.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

Not my cuppa, but I love the idea, and hope we get to hear about the fun!

(And don't forget to spay and neuter your pets!)

• Haha 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

That surprise at the end was

tenor-1838479531.gif.4c2ac1c029c155e165eb6aa6bc79bb06.gif

(even if it didn't turn out like you wanted)

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Go have fun!

WOW!  Last nights' show was amazing!  Thank you to all who came out to play!  Total prizes won last night was over 1.8 BILLION!  Notable winners were "Attraction." with 420 Million AND  Freakshow Stunner, who slaughter his was to 400 Million!  There were many more winners and fun was had by all!

We are scheduling another show in the later part of July.  We will be debuting "Paragon Squares!" and of course "Lets Price a Deal!".

vlcsnap-2024-06-09-19h17m25s661.png

Attraction.JPG

Results.JPG

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Monty Haull said:

"Paragon Squares!"

I saw that on the marque outside, and I'm really curious to see how that ghet played.

Go have fun!

6 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I saw that on the marque outside, and I'm really curious to see how that ghet played.

We are still working on the format.  Doing the straight up version with contestants, deciding if the answers from the celebrities are right or not is one idea.  There is a another idea in discussion which is, having the contestants select a category first.  That way the questions may be easier.

• Thumbs Up 1