The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Ideas for a "Vault Dweller"?

biostem

I'm a big Fallout fan, (even before the TV show came out), and was debating how or if to bother trying to create a Vault Dweller here in CoH.  The most obvious choice seems to be something like an AR/Dev blaster.  AR/Traps could also work.  Any other ideas?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Arsenal (Control/Assault/etc) might be another contender if you want to open up a few other ATs (e.g. Dominators/Controllers)
Maybe even a Mercs/Traps MM (as companions are a thing)?

Or a Soldier of Arachnos VEAT (the default tree, not the Crab/Bane)...

Edited by Maelwys
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Titan Weapons can be an option.  I don't know if the show has them but the games feature weapons like the Rebar Club (a chunk of concrete with steel cables) and Bumper Sword (a sword consisting of a sharpened car fender), both of which are large heavy weapons typically wielded by Super Mutants.  I tend to use Bumper Swords in Melee builds whenever I play New Vegas.

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

pistol or rifle/martial blaster.  that teleport attack thing can mimic blitz from fo4

titan/willpower, slot for ranged defense.  im sure we all have a blade of the west sword game in full metal bikini armor smashing the wastes playthrough saved somewhere

beam/dev blaster.  use your devices to overcome beams lack of aoe and mimic mines and such

rifle/whatever sentinel, use power armory looking costume bits

few masterminds... all masterminds depending on how you mod your game.  you can have like 4 dogmeats and 2 catmeats

you can also be stupid and go plant/thorn dom and be the son of harold.  I guarantee you that the name "Sappling of Jerold" will be available on all servers and all projects.

• Thumbs Up 1

This also might be a stretch but you can mess with zombie/spectrum costume bits and auras to be a ghoul or a ghoul commander

Since I hate Radiation Emissions small radi I do not recommend going necro/radi mastermind

• Thumbs Up 1

I made a beam rifle/invulnerability sentinel, huge body style, dressed up with various heavy/tech armor pieces with the flames style. He's named Hot Rodder. I think he was my first 50 on homecoming.

I would of thought for a vault dweller, beam rifle (Energy weapon) Super reflexes (Lucky dodging) sentinel.

Or a Beam Rifle/Traps corrupter/defender for gadgets.

• Thumbs Up 1

Banner3.jpg.79155737d064c3e5bab470e86fe0e248.jpg
❤️ Kheldian Guide ❤️

🎖️ Friday Fashion Contest 🎖️

🗒️Character Wiki🗒️
Friendly reminder that no matter what anyone or anything is saying, you ARE loved AND valued in life no matter what.

On 6/5/2024 at 11:09 PM, queequeg77 said:

I made a beam rifle/invulnerability sentinel, huge body style, dressed up with various heavy/tech armor pieces with the flames style. He's named Hot Rodder. I think he was my first 50 on homecoming.

So kind of an "Atom Cats" vibe?

On 5/28/2024 at 8:38 PM, biostem said:

I'm a big Fallout fan, (even before the TV show came out), and was debating how or if to bother trying to create a Vault Dweller here in CoH.  The most obvious choice seems to be something like an AR/Dev blaster.  AR/Traps could also work.  Any other ideas?

Try this out

Sentinel (Beam Rifle - Willpower).mbd

It fits thematically.

• Thumbs Up 1

rad/rad Glowing One 😉

• Haha 1

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**