No visual FX for Group Fly please

Trying to think if the radius of the effect has any relation to the radius of the power, which I can't recall right offhand - might want some sort of alternate in that case.

(I want to say it doesn't, though as I recall it also has a duration - or had one until recently - which could be throwing off that impression.)

If that's not the case, can't really think of anything that might be a downside. (Of course, you'd also just get used to the power, so... *shrug*)

Still not particularly fond of certain segments of this community.

While it would be nice to have a No SFX or even an alternate SFX option in the CC, you can get around it my changing it yourself in your game folder. Just need a 1 sec silence.ogg to then rename to the appropriate SFX file name and drop it in the correct sub-folder in your data\sounds\ogg\ location. Example, the fly SFX listed below would go into data\sounds\ogg\powers sub-folder.

If you've added mods, then you should already have a data folder, if you have not modified any sounds, then you'd have to create the rest of those sub-folders.

Folder name: powers

File names: air_loop.ogg, Flight1.ogg, Flight_loop.ogg, Flight1_loop.ogg, Flight2_loop.ogg, Flight3_loop.ogg, Groupfly_loop.ogg, Hover_loop.ogg

• Thanks 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

• Force Redux changed the title to No visual FX for Group Fly please
On 6/16/2024 at 10:11 AM, tidge said:

The current Group Fly visual effects also makes travel in maps/zones with ambient darkness (e.g. Echo Dark Astoria) terrible.

Try flying through Echo: Dark Astoria with any of the ice armor or fire armor powers active. I've taken to flying with the Forward and Up keys held down, and the character tipped down so their path is horizontal, just to get the particle trail to not fill my screen

• Microphone 1