Best uniques in Health?

Ideon

Back in the day for unique IOs in Health, it used to be:

• Endurance:  Miracle
  • Regen:  Regenerative Tissue
  • Both:  Numina

There's been quite a few new ones since that train of thought.  Does anyone know the current recommended uniques to put into Health?

Miracle's +Recovery seems to be the best of the lot for most characters.  +Regeneration is nice, but it's not going to be enough to keep you alive in combat, and many characters have in-combat healing powers.  Out of combat, everyone has Rest if they need to get back health faster.

Especially for toggle-heavy builds, +Recovery is huge.  Miracle's bonus is more than most characters will get from all of their +Recovery set bonuses, and it makes a dramatic difference on Endurance usage in combat.

I would recommend Miracle's +Recovery over any of the other uniques, or a Health IO.  After that first slot, you have to decide whether the benefit of the unique you're adding is worth taking a slot from one of your other powers.

Back in the day for unique IOs in Health, it used to be:

• Endurance:  Miracle
  • Regen:  Regenerative Tissue
  • Both:  Numina

There's been quite a few new ones since that train of thought.  Does anyone know the current recommended uniques to put into Health?

Add to these:  (at the cost typically in Merits) Panacea proc (+HP +End recovery) very nice and it has a good 2 pc IO set bonus with plain Healing.  (I often want not just procs but also at least 1 or preferrably 2 pure Healing set IO's (e.g. Numina and 1 other.))  I am also a fan of Preventative medicine as a 2 pc IO set, both for the set bonus, but the proc is effective.  This is if you are planning to six slot Health as I often do.  I slot the Miracle proc, probably along with a Panacea proc for toons where recovery is an issue (and Panacea can be slotted at Level 7), otherwise where recovery is rarely an issue (eg. a blaster) I skip Miracle altogether and go for the Preventative Medicine set.  Just my $0.02.  :)

I like to slot the Panacea and the Miracle in health.

One nice thing about the Preventative Medicine: Absorb IO is that it can be slotted into an inactive power and still goes off.  I like to put it in Spirit Ward for those characters who I take Mystic Flight and Rune of Protection on.  I don't generally do anything with Spirit Ward, but it's a free slot.

As far as I know, there are 5 Healing invention set uniques:

Regenerative Tissue - +25% Regeneration

Miracle - +15% Recovery

Numina's Convalescence - +10% Recovery & +20% Regeneration

Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb

Panacea - Chance for +HP & +END

IMHO the best is Panacea, which regularly helps to replenish your green & blue bars, even when your regeneration & recovery are debuffed.

Second is Numina's.  Couple it with the Heal IO for the 2 slot set bonus of +12% Regeneration & the set generates +49% Regeneration - +20% for the unique, +12% for the 2 set bonus, & +17% for the level 50 Heal IO (& more for 50+++++).

Third is Miracle for any character desiring some more END recovery - which, in my experience, is almost everybody pre-Incarnates.

For most archetypes, those 3 will do it.  For Tankers, the other 2 can present real value.  Given their higher HP values & the mitigation in their sets, the additional Regeneration from Regenerative Tissue has more impact than most tend to think.  And the +Absorb from Preventive Medicine effectively represents ablative armor on top of the HP pool, which I think works even when the Tanker is at the HP cap, increasing survivability.  Is this overkill?  Perhaps - but Tanker survivability is all about overkill, since Tanker-level defenses aren't really needed for most content.  Tankers are designed to go above & beyond the normal & survive the extremes - & these uniques help at those extremes.

[Edited to correct Numina's +Regen amount.]

• Like 1

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

Miracle - +15% Recovery

Numina's Convalescence - +10% Recovery & +10% Regeneration

IMHO the best is Panacea, which regularly helps to replenish your green & blue bars, even when your regeneration & recovery are debuffed.

Second is Numina's.  Couple it with the Heal IO for the 2 slot set bonus of +12% Regeneration & the set generates +39% Regeneration - +10% for the unique, +12% for the 2 set bonus, & +17% for the level 50 Heal IO (& more for 50+++++).

Third is Miracle for any character desiring some more END recovery - which, in my experience, is almost everybody pre-Incarnates.

For most archetypes, those 3 will do it.  For Tankers, the other 2 can present real value.  Given their higher HP values & the mitigation in their sets, the additional Regeneration from Regenerative Tissue has more impact than most tend to think.  And the +Absorb from Preventive Medicine effectively represents ablative armor on top of the HP pool, which I think works even when the Tanker is at the HP cap, increasing survivability.  Is this overkill?  Perhaps - but Tanker survivability is all about overkill, since Tanker-level defenses aren't really needed for most content.  Tankers are designed to go above & beyond the normal & survive the extremes - & these uniques help at those extremes.

Nitpick: the Numina's unique is 20% regeneration, 10% recovery - so it's a touch better than what you list above.

Not that I think it will make a difference in the rankings for people looking at them, but since the numbers for it weren't listed earlier in the thread, I thought it might help the few people who manage to find the forums and this thread title and think that there's a bug with the in-game numbers.

• Like 1

I like to forget I have a green bar whenever possible.  I usually two- or three- slot Numina's and add Panacea.  If I have space left over and no other reasonable Heal slots, I get Regenerative +25% regen, Preventative +Absorb proc, and Miracle +Recovery in that order.  I tend to handle endurance by slotting for +maxend/global endredux or using Incarnate abilities with those effects.

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker

Miracle - +15% Recovery

Numina's Convalescence - +10% Recovery & +10% Regeneration

Second is Numina's.  Couple it with the Heal IO for the 2 slot set bonus of +12% Regeneration & the set generates +39% Regeneration - +10% for the unique, +12% for the 2 set bonus, & +17% for the level 50 Heal IO (& more for 50+++++).

Nitpick: the Numina's unique is 20% regeneration, 10% recovery - so it's a touch better than what you list above.

Not that I think it will make a difference in the rankings for people looking at them, but since the numbers for it weren't listed earlier in the thread, I thought it might help the few people who manage to find the forums and this thread title and think that there's a bug with the in-game numbers.

I thought that number looked wrong, but that was what it said on the Paragon wiki page.  But if I had clicked to the page with the Numina's unique itself, it would have told me that the Regeneration was +20%.  Thanks.  I'll edit my post to avoid spreading misinformation.

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

I really like Preventative Medicine for one main reason: when I get brutelocked and in the zone I stop watching my hp as much as I should. If my hp drops below 30% big red text saying PREVENTATIVE MEDICINE pops up over by head and I know it's time to each a different color of tic tac. It saves my life constantly.

Lots of interesting thoughts here which means I gotta rebuild some of my builds, haha.

The Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb one, how much extra HP barrier is applied over your normal HP?  Wondering if my squishies should try to work this in, or if Panacea is overall better for them...

Lots of interesting thoughts here which means I gotta rebuild some of my builds, haha.

The Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb one, how much extra HP barrier is applied over your normal HP?  Wondering if my squishies should try to work this in, or if Panacea is overall better for them...

On my blaster in Health I have:

Miracle: + Recovery

Numina's Convalescence: + Recovery / Regeneration

Preventive Medicine: Chance for +Absorb

In Combat Jumping I add:

Reactive Defenses: Scaling Resist Damage

I find Preventive Medicine: Chance for +Absorb and Reactive Defenses: Scaling Resist Damage add great survivability to my Blaster.

I like to slot the Panacea and the Miracle in health.

One nice thing about the Preventative Medicine: Absorb IO is that it can be slotted into an inactive power and still goes off.  I like to put it in Spirit Ward for those characters who I take Mystic Flight and Rune of Protection on.  I don't generally do anything with Spirit Ward, but it's a free slot.

Wow!  I didn't realize that about the Preventative Medicine proc.  That means I can rethink options for six-slot Health.  Nice tip about Spirit Ward.  I'll have to look into it.  8)

Lockpick, I like your recommendations.

Yes, the Reactive Defense proc can keep a squishy standing (and the 2-pc set bonus is pretty decent, iirc.)