Inconsiderate team departures

1 hour ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Do you?  Do you really?  😜

Years ago, there was a film starring Al Pacino, called "Scent of a Woman".  In this film, where his character, Col. Frank Slade was coming to the defense of Charlie, portrayed by Chris O'Donnell. 
He said, "I always knew the right path, but I never took it." 

See, I knew what the right thing to not do was, but I did it anyway. It was just too hard to not do it. 😈

• Moose 1

On 8/21/2024 at 11:47 AM, Diantane said:

No more than one player should leave at once unless it is an emergency.  A very few players are considerate enough will let me know when they will have to leave which allows me to start recruiting before that time. Keeping the team full allows all players a great enjoyment of the game.

I've been on COH Homecoming since shortly after it started, Really enjoy playing this mmo, but if the population keeps dropping and these team occurrences keep happening, I'm going to have to seek my "fun" elsewhere.

no gods no masters

@Twi - Phobia on Everlasting

On 8/22/2024 at 1:47 AM, Diantane said:

I've been on COH Homecoming since shortly after it started, Really enjoy playing this mmo, but if the population keeps dropping and these team occurrences keep happening, I'm going to have to seek my "fun" elsewhere.

This will perpetually keep occurring.  You're playing with people not bots.  Things happen.

However, just some people in groups too can be so incompatible with others on the team that said other members of the team prefer to move on to another activity or another team.  Of course we do not know which is the case with your teams... perhaps.... 

As for your seeking fun elsewhere, that's up to you...  

On 8/22/2024 at 12:59 PM, ZemX said:

I doubt it.  The one you're talking about is, surprisingly, a much bigger control freak.  And that doesn't mesh well with PuGs.  If you're gonna sign up to PuG, you need to be chill when shit goes sideways... because it inevitably will.  They can't seem to deal with people not following them and doing exactly as they want in a mission.   And while I do believe in the "your team, your rules" rule, the flipside of that is people can choose NOT to team with a petty dictator.

I usually find a way to politely leave teams run like a micromanaged dictatorship. I mean, running a team is just:

capncold.jpg

Edited by Skyhawke
  • Like 1

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

Eisenhower said, "In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable."

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 8/24/2024 at 9:14 AM, High_Beam said:

Man the GIF density is pretty high in this thread 🙂

supaid%C4%81man-spider-man.gif

All your bases are destroyed by me! I'll teach you not to leave my teams mid mission!

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Now that reminds me of an old ex.  Angry, armed and in dressed like spiderman.

Edited by High_Beam
Not = Now
  • Haha 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, High Beam Prime (someone else has her non OG name)