Incnetive for folks to start TFs or SFs

A leadership type toggle accolade with non-stacking mini assault, manuevers, and tactics that depletes and needs to be "recharged" by leading more would be my type of reward for this. Charged up to 3 hours or something - after depletion it just greys out. Badge unlocked not by hard mode (use already exising team badges and a lore related badge) because accessibility. Thematic and interesting possibilities for minmaxing. 

Edited by VashNKnives

Lots of interesting comments

I agree, if a reward is going to be given to a person, who went through the annoyance of forming an SF/TF team, it has to be in a way that it is not exploitable.

By definition a team is not solo, so that exploit would go away

Seems in that venue, that the reward would be commensurate on how large the team formed was, say 2 versus 8

The reward itself needs to be juicy enough to encourage leadership to form a team, but not game breaking

Temp power may be of interest if it last like for a day not mere minutes, otherwise, not worth it. I would not dedicate half an hour of begging for folks to join for a mere salvage piece

Incidentally doing the SF/TF is fun, forming the team is not, just a comment

Another note, while you may not be good at leading, you can still form the team and lead it, and let other players do the mentoring

Did I miss any other observations?

regards

21 minutes ago, DrRocket said:

the reward would be commensurate on how large the team formed was, say 2 versus 8

I'm against the idea as a whole, but this in particular. Sometimes there's only 5 or 6 people who want to run a TF, I'd hate for a leader to decide "I want the extra shiny" so they kill another 30 minutes looking for a couple more people when they could just as easily run with 5-6.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

On 9/16/2024 at 3:19 PM, Psyonico said:

I'm against the idea as a whole, but this in particular. Sometimes there's only 5 or 6 people who want to run a TF, I'd hate for a leader to decide "I want the extra shiny" so they kill another 30 minutes looking for a couple more people when they could just as easily run with 5-6.

Good point