Illusion / Cold Controller need help!!

titchyzz

And since the coryphei of Ill/Cold can't be arsed to post their builds because god forbid someone may touch greatness, here's mine. It works. Sort of.

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Illusion Radiation Controller: Level 50 Mutation Controller

Primary Power Set: Illusion Control

Secondary Power Set: Radiation Emission

Power Pool: Flight

Power Pool: Fighting

Power Pool: Speed

Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Nah, this isn't some secret cabal you're not invited to because we like to keep things hush-hush, it's just people not wanting to help you because apparently nobody ever told you it pays off to have manners. Well let me do that for you: stop acting like a condescending bell-end and people might be more helpful towards you. I actually like helping people, but my way is helping people solve their problems, not solving them for them, because the latter assumes a usually unwarranted lack of agency or capability.

You're most likely a big boy, so I believe you have the capability and agency to create a build on your own, but currently the biggest obstacle between you and a nice Ill/Cold build is a combination of your lack of interpersonal skills and your know-it-all attitude (not just when it comes to CoX, even up to what other people think). In short: I just don't want to help you in particular because of the way you behave. The toughest kid on the block thing stopped working back in high school or wherever it last provided you an ounce of authority, but I guess someone forgot to give you the memo.

Oh yikes, I'll also give you one freebie feedback on your Ill/Cold: pick the right powersets.

From one condescending bell-end to another, this exchange has been slightly amusing as it reminds me of something funny, but other than that I don't think there's anything left for me to see here. I'll let you have the last word if it helps you feel like you maintained control of the situation and won while I go back to having fun on my Ill/Cold. See you when you grow up, buddy :)

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

This is all talk until a build is shown, buddy :)

Or you can just check the YouTube videos of me soloing that stuff in the post I linked, buddy. That's actual evidence of that stuff happening.

Ok, so you stated Incarnates not needed to have Perma PA, but in your link of proof you wrote...

You might notice in the video that my PA isn't quite perma, but that should be fixed once I get my T4 Alpha.

Yea you can make a Perma PA without incarnates...will it be easy Nope, will it be cheap uhhh hell NO.  You will be taking stupid powers just to mule stuff and losing def soft caps.  Like Extor said from the start ICE/Cold is beastly with incarnates but his statement was in comparison to what Ill/Rad could do with much less effort.

Blah blah

Eh, you do you, I won't get in the way. As mentioned, you clearly still have something to prove in this game (speaking of growing up and all), and I've always been a proponent of letting special people be special. So go on with your bad self, score all those points you haven't gotten around to scoring all those years ago. Bless your special lill heart, as they say down South.

That said, the OP asked for help, and strangely enough, I seem to be the most helpful so far in posting an actual build rather than spouting generalities and making false claims. And yes, I could go mace and pick up a pet and shove another Expedient Reinforcement in there, but bloody hell I DON'T WANT TO. Without incarnates it's ALMOST perma-PA, and it actually can do a pylon in between 3 and 4 minutes with some practice. Aside from some minor rejigging this was my build all along, and I do admit to one major screw-up - that is, not knowing that you have to hump the target in order for Heat Loss to actually work. Which is unfortunate. With Agility, PA becomes perma.

See, it's not rocket surgery. People just want to have fun, and have it bloody well now, because we are all playing on borrowed time.

This is all talk until a build is shown, buddy :)

Or you can just check the YouTube videos of me soloing that stuff in the post I linked, buddy. That's actual evidence of that stuff happening.

Ok, so you stated Incarnates not needed to have Perma PA, but in your link of proof you wrote...

You might notice in the video that my PA isn't quite perma, but that should be fixed once I get my T4 Alpha.

Yea you can make a Perma PA without incarnates...will it be easy Nope, will it be cheap uhhh hell NO.  You will be taking stupid powers just to mule stuff and losing def soft caps.  Like Extor said from the start ICE/Cold is beastly with incarnates but his statement was in comparison to what Ill/Rad could do with much less effort.

Perma PA isn't an issue even without Alphas unless you avoid purples, but Spiritual or Agility obviously make it a lot easier to achieve.

Sheesh, the level of literacy in this thread. You are putting words in my mouth saying I provided it as evidence of what Ill/Cold does without incarnates when I'm literally saying "Ill/Cold is strong". My build is made around T4 Agility (with which PA is perma), because it's convenient to do so. I also posted the bolded part in the sentence following the link, sure it's expensive, but not impossible.

Besides perma PA, my build is also S/L/E/Ranged soft capped and it should be pretty obvious to anyone with any experience in making end game builds that getting Agility's worth of additional global Recharge (~20%) if I drop Ranged soft cap from a build that natively gets next to no Defense at all is easy, even if the build itself will be more expensive than an Ill/Rad.

Anyone actually wanting help with an Ill/Cold, just hit me up with a PM and I'll walk you through making a build.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

Anyone actually wanting help with an Ill/Cold, just hit me up with a PM and I'll walk you through making a build.

"My greatness is but for a select few to admire, from afar, and only upon appropriate application of lips to my exalted posterior."

"My greatness is but for a select few to admire, from afar, and only upon appropriate application of lips to my exalted posterior."

Lmaooo bro get off ur high horse with the quotes lol ... ppl offered u help and insight but u spat in their face .... Call their info false builds cheating and worthless and now u get all salty and throw a tantrum when they wont play ball with u ?? Then u derail the whole thread with ur petty mr know it all bs ,, gg if u feel u accomplished something here bro lol

Lmaooo bro get off ur high horse with the quotes lol ... ppl offered u help and insight but u spat in their face .... Call their info false builds cheating and worthless and now u get all salty and throw a tantrum when they wont play ball with u ?? Then u derail the whole thread with ur petty mr know it all bs ,, gg if u feel u accomplished something here bro lol

Uhh... you lost, lill buddy? Fortnite boards are that way. Or is it PUBG? that's a couple doors down.

"Yeetsman". Kek. Thanks for a laugh.

Uhh... you lost, lill buddy? Fortnite boards are that way. Or is it PUBG? that's a couple doors down.

"Yeetsman". Kek. Thanks for a laugh.

Haha lmao as always all talk no substance ... not big enough irl so u try to play a big man on the internet lol ? sad dude just sad like u projecting ur insecurity bout internet points on others lmao ... go achieve something for urself n maybe u wont be so salty when others dont share their stuff w u ahahah

high five bro for the effort at a sick burn but u just digging ur hole deeper lol,, time to change direction otherwise ur gonna kill me w all the cringe

And yet you are still talking. Impressive. I thought you children of smartphones were mostly nonverbal.

Ahah dude unlike ur mom mine told me its the small man who has to step on others to feel big and damn u so small I  cant even see u behind all that insecurity lmaooo... grow a little so I dont need to go find a microscope ,, haha dw ill sub for ur mom and give u a hug if it feels bad going face2face with ur pain points ayyy come here big boy

Also lol at he geriatric insult rofl it's like im watching a dude who hasnt decided if Hes an entitled kid or a grumpy southern grandpa lmao ... maybe bit of column a touch of column b but lmao  bad news that aint  the recipe for the tough guy u want ppl to see smh

What a confusing thread derail. Just a few simple facts:

- People were soling Giant Monsters and TF's with Illusion Cold and Illusion Rad long before incarnates were introduced.

- Permahasten was thing before incarnates as well.

Don't really care about sandbox fights, but refusing to accept good advice bugs me.

• 2 weeks later

This is my attempt at an Illusion\Cold\Ice build focused on perma PA and with damage as a secondary objective.

It has no travel powers, but you can use the slot from Snow Storm or even Recall Friend for that.

This build relies on purples for the global recharge bonus, so its total cost could reach 1bil inf. It's not impossible, but requires a farmer alt or high AH skills  ;D

I believe it's perfectly possible to make a cheaper build and still get the perma-PA - or get very close to that - but that wasn't my goal here.

If you plan to run some lower level TFs with a team, I recommend placing Recall Friend after Superior Invisibility and leaving Snow Storm as the last power.

With this setting you'll have no troubles ghosting through the missions and bringing the team directly to the boss.

You will notice the KB->KD IO. It's there to make the crowds a little bit more controllable and your alt a lot more team-friendly.

If you prefer to go solo, you can just put an IO with recharge in that slot.

Cold is a very good secondary against Elites and AVs. It's heavy on -Recharge and -Defense and deal some good -Damage debuff. You also have Benumb for -Regen, so all the bases are covered.

If you're a team player, you have some good +Defense buffs and can increase the survavibility of your teammates with Frostwork.

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Controller

Primary Power Set: Illusion Control

Secondary Power Set: Cold Domination

Power Pool: Speed

Power Pool: Leadership

Power Pool: Leaping

Power Pool: Teleportation

Ancillary Pool: Ice Mastery

Hero Profile:

Level 1: Blind -- WiloftheC-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), WiloftheC-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(3), WiloftheC-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(9), WiloftheC-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(37), WiloftheC-Rchg/Dam%(40)

Level 1: Infrigidate -- HO:Lyso(A), HO:Lyso(3)

Level 2: Ice Shield -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(5), RedFrt-Def(17), RedFrt-EndRdx(31), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(43)

Level 4: Deceive -- CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(5), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(9), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(37), CrcPrs-Conf%(39)

Level 6: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(7)

Level 8: Superior Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)

Level 10: Glacial Shield -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(11), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(11), RedFrt-Def(31), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(40), RedFrt-EndRdx(42)

Level 12: Flash -- UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(A), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(13), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(13), UnbCns-Dam%(25), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(34)

Level 14: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(15), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(15), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(23), RedFrt-Def(27), RedFrt-EndRdx(29)

Level 16: Frostwork -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Prv-Absorb%(40)

Level 18: Phantom Army -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(19), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(21), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(23), OvrFrc-End/Rech(25)

Level 20: Arctic Fog -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(21), RedFrt-Def(31), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(37), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(43)

Level 22: Snow Storm -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 24: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)

Level 26: Spectral Terror -- GlmoftheA-Acc/Rchg(A), GlmoftheA-Acc/EndRdx(27), GlmoftheA-Dam%(29), GlmoftheA-Acc/Fear/Rchg(34), GlmoftheA-EndRdx/Fear(36)

Level 28: Benumb -- Acc-I(A), Acc-I(34)

Level 30: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 32: Phantasm -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(33), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(33)

Level 35: Sleet -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(36), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(39), PstBls-Dam%(43)

Level 38: Heat Loss -- TmpRdn-Acc/Slow(A), PcnoftheT-Acc/Slow(39)

Level 41: Ice Blast -- Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Acc/Rchg(42), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(46), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Apc-Dam%(50)

Level 44: Frozen Armor -- Rct-Def/EndRdx(A), Rct-Def/Rchg(45), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45), Rct-ResDam%(45), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(46), Rct-Def(50)

Level 47: Ice Storm -- Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(48), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(48), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Knock%(50)

Level 49: Recall Friend -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)

Level 1: Brawl -- Acc-I(A)

Level 1: Containment

Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)

Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)

Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)

Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(17)

Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)

Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(7)

------------